Your Friends?

joeg

Majority of your friends?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Majority of your friends?

• Older than you
    • Younger than you
    • Your age

when i was younger, i spent a fair amount of time around my mom's friends when they would come over for dinner or whatever... i wouldn't go off to my room to play, but instead stayed and talked with them. i think that this kind of engagment pushed me to communicate on a more complex level than i might have.

during my teenage years, i mostly hung out with people my age, although i dated older people.

now, most of my friends are 2-7 years older than i, with a few exceptions.

i don't think age NECESSARILY dictates a "higher" level of communication, but i certainly tend to interact more comfortably with people who are older. i think the fact that those people are out of college is the biggest factor... people who are relatively independent, emotionally and financially.... people who are less afraid to be themselves than, perhaps, younger people tend to be.

for a very long time all my friends/boyfriends were all older than me.

Altho the men i date still tend to be older, the age range within my circle of friends has changed considerably. I have always liked interacting with older friends for the reasons Wideskies stated, but, I also found that interacting with you youngins sort of reminds me not to take life/things so seriously sometimes....oh, and i want to ring all your necks because you all still have it EASY for another year or two at least. :(

Originally posted by atomicapples

dont lie.. you like them young and fresh...

dude Im always the baby I don't know what it is I mean my best friends are around my age but the people I go out with and like the chill with are always older makes it hard to pick up girls when every chick you hit on is in her mid 30's

Well, the few people I consider myself close to are close to my age. Everyone else is ususally younger. It's fun, but can be a little annoying at times, having to re-live certain things through others. It's very refreshing to spend time with people who are actually at the same stage in life as you, or a little further along.

most are my age

i seem to get along better with people older than me though

guys ive dated were always older

i have friends who are younger, of course....gotta love the youngins

ive just always found myself more mature than people my age..or at least have that idea in my head..