Clubplanet Nightlife Community

rumors about "club rain" = false

marick

i have just gotten off the phone with the man behind bliss productions...Mr. jon cowan and he has told me that he has no intention of doing a residentcy at "club rain". as a matter of fact, he said that "club rain" may NOT even be openning at all due to the fact that they have been building without permits and have thus been told by the city that they cannot continue. there was a notice from the city posted on the door about 3 weeks ago that my roommate came across that said they had been doing this and now jon tells me there is a no trespassing sign on the door that was posted by the city and is effectively stopping any ferther building. don't know where digital7 found his info. but from what jon said, the "rain" owners will NOT be putting in any kind of club soundsystem let alone one designed by steve dash. and they will NOT be booking any big name dj's...they just don't want to put that kind of money into the place.

mind you i don't know who digital7 is but i'd trust the word of jon cowan before that of digital7

cheers!

hey guys,

figured I would comment myself here. I have not talked about any sort of residency with the people of rain. I did speak to them once about the possibility of doing a party but was told they were not going to book guests on a regular basis. As far as permits, I am sure they will resolve that eventually. Who ever the info did come from though, I would love to play there. groovejet was my residency and the home of bliss and I would jump at the chance to recreate the old magic.

Thank You for the info Jon, I sure wish you could play there though, I love Groove Jet with all my heart and was saddened when it closed down. I hope you could do something about this and try to get some permits from the city. I appreciate you going out of your way to finally put an end to this misinformation although I was mighty excited at the opportunity to visit Groove again and seeing you and Luis back in the mix!!! peace and harmony to all my clubber's and I do apologize for the misinfo !! MUCH LOVE FOR BLISS AND THE MASSIVE, YOU GUYS ROCK !!! cwm16.gif

Well good for you buddy I'm glad you cleared that up for me and the rest of us. I praise you for that, congratulations!! I'd shake your hand I'd have a chance. I guess RAIN is no more?, I had heard the news through a friend of mine, I guess an unreliable source. The rumors about Rain cannot be that false considering that they were actually going to open it up, but I guess you could thank the city of Miami Beach for that one. So much for the scene down here, I really thought it was going to be something special considering that I have so many fond memories of Groove Jet. I was great. Thanks for the information MARICK you really outdid yourself on this one cwm1.gif

Archived