Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FUEL Update: BAD NEWS!!!!

sgtfury

for all of us Miami club goers looking forward to a refreshing alternative to Space, I have some potentially bad news..it seems that in the begining, the concept of Fuel was to be focused on the music and the creation of a unique, exciting vibe with the maestro David Padilla as the resident DJ, now management is deciding on making Fuel into a "beautiful people" club with little focus on the music or the DJ's. this is very disapointing as that Fuel has the potential to be a awesome place to go..the exact direction of the club hasnt been decided, so, if anyone wants to express thier opinion ot Fuel management--thier number is (786)-425-9111..maybe our opinions can make a difference!!!

From what I've known, that's been the idea from the outset, to make it sort of an upscale place (as far as one can go in that area...) with Padilla at the helm.

Almost every club claims to be upscale though, so we shall see the truth in January, I guess. To be honest, in my years of clubbing, I've learned not to let the word upscale bother me. I dress the same whether I go to Space, crobar, or 320 pretty much....

In other words, don't panic! smile.gif

I think no matter how much one complains; Fuel will make a decision based on $$$$.

David Padilla is a fantastic DJ; with a strong following. David attracts a certain type of clubber. I hope Fuel will try; to set itself apart from the other clubs already in place. I’m sure at the Core of any decision they make will be; the fact that have a 24 hour liquor license. Hence, they will be under heavy scrutiny. I am sure they will want to project an image of upscale clientele; minus Ravers, Club Kids,etc. Fuel management I am sure has seen the “heat” Space has taken, and the changes they have had to make .I believe some of those changes Space has taken, has offended some clientele. However, it has attracted a different type of clientele as well. At this moment, it appears this strategy is working for Space. Will Fuel’s decision to become a “Beautiful” people club be a success; only time will tell. Could it be time for a under ground scene ????

Peace,

Sobeton

the sad thing is that fuel was to highlight padilla and the music and now I have been told by fuel management that padilla may not even be featured at all..I was looking forward to listening to him spin and enjoying his energy.

If I was the owner of FUEL, I wouldn't want a trance resident at the healm.

I can see where they're coming from. The upscale crowd don't really like trance all night.

At best, I can see Padilla making guest spot appearance but you need to have a resident dj that is versatile.

Originally posted by sobeton:

Could it be time for a under ground scene ????

Do you really think that Miami needs a truly underground scene? I'm not trying to stir up any vicious debates here, just curious. I'm kind of a believer in doing what you're good at, and I think that Miami is doing great with the "beautiful people" scene. True, they can relax it a little and quit being so bitchy at the door, but I don't think it needs to be taken all the way to the Twilo level.

The underground will live forever...

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Originally posted by arrakis:

The underground will live forever...

just like this song will live forever...and ever, and ever, and ever...

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

What song? I was speaking from the heart... wink.gif

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

There is an underground, we just don't know about it, that's why it's underground.

Resident has a good concept though. Miami is about looking good. Why people want to make it into another NYC is beyond me. I for one appreciate going out and not having to look at badly-dressed slobs and ghetto trash wandering around clubs in a daze...

Here's a shocker for the house headz. cwm6.gifcwm20.gif Padilla used to be and probably still could be the baddest house DJ around. He put Warsaw on the map years ago. Had a huge following. They used to call him "King Padilla". So maybe he might spin a different sound at Fuel, if he spins at all.

------------------

Dragon-04.gif

Wow; that's ABSOLUTELY mindblowing! cwm24.gif

------------------

I think people do not realize the depth of music David Padilla can play.. What has always impressed me about David; is his unique ability to understand what makes people “move”. He has been around forever, and there is a reason for that.

Peace,

Sobeton

cwm32.gif

I'm going to have to respectfully dissent, just like my favorite Supreme Court justices did yesterday. Does Miami need another "upscale/beautiful people" club? I don't think so; personally, all the in-your-face glitz and "glamour" down here kinda makes me gag at times. I'm tired of all the pretentious crap. Yes, Miami is about looking good, for better or for worse, but does EVERY place in town have to be this way? I would love a more underground (though I hate that word) alternative. A place where I wouldn't be forced to wear the same dress shoes I'd wear to church (if I was the church-going sort, that is). I'm tired of being uncomfortable in clubs.....this is a big reason why I rarely go. If I'm there to dance, jump around and get into the music.....why do I have to dress like I'm going to the god-damned office?

the thing is that so many times people get involved in ownership of a night club and they really have no idea ..look at the lifespan of so many clubs...you can have a "upscale" club but, with the emphasis on the music..all the clubs that have survived the test of time have been clubs that have provided the best in the music..

I'd like to work in your office Patrick L! When I go out I tend to lean to the extravagant side..reflective shirts/silk t-shirts, etc...I'd be out of a job if I showed up to my job like that!

I notice though, some dress like they're going to work...not really necessary..yeah you can't exactly wear your gym clothes to a club, but in reality, you don't have to go over the top. Just be a skilled operator at the door, and you can still dress pretty loosely.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally there is going to be a real club downtown Miami. Fuel has the advantage to cater to an upscale vip crowd that was not being treated as VIP's at Space.The venue will showcase the latest in Turbosound a state of the art sound system imported from the U.K. No other club in the entire US has the quality of sound that Fuel has.Fuel will be an underground club for educated music listeners, underground does not mean that people will be in ripped jans and sneakers with a glow stick in one hand and a pacifier in the other.Underground in the sense that it will not be a place to go show of who you you are but to go an enjoy yourself with your friends while listening to a fine tuned set by today top DJ's. Fuel main concern will be customer satisfaction. Look out for Fuel's Grand Opening the first week of january!!!

Yeah... Yeah... all of this Sounds Nice...

But what will happen when its open...

cwm5.gif Will the Valet "misplace" some of my "goods"?

cwm10.gif Will the doorman Be a "Total Dick" because I'm not the same as him?

? cwm25.gif Will it cost my "Left Testicle" to enter a dry & fake club.. just because "So-n-So" is there?

! cwm16.gif Talk is cheap... but a damn good time is priceless!

------------------

Peace & Blessings,

B-SIDE

"The DJ From Another Planet"™

MY PREDICTIONS FOR 2001

All though many of you out their may not agree with the following predictions, they WILL happen in 2001..

Fuel will be featuring mostly House/Hard House DJ's with David playing the afterhours sets, they will also ban glowsticks, like space..

David will be slowly creeping his way back to his roots (house music), as dreadfull as it may sound to most of his current following, catch his set on NYE @ Space, and you'll get a preview of this prediction.

Acosta will take a bit more, but he will also be going back to his roots (The Spot, Third Rail, etc)near the end of 2001.

Fuel will close by Jan. 2002.

Space will have their 24HR liquor license pushed back to 7am.

More to follow.........

Originally posted by Nolimit:

Can Fuel's turbosound compare to Twilo's 24 bit digital phazon?

If so, mad props...

Who are the residents? Are u a promoter for fuel?

[This message has been edited by Nolimit (edited 12-28-2000).]

I Really, really doubt it!

Phazon is unique....

just like bside said... all talk is cheap!

Let's see what happens when it opens, and who will actually spin... cwm21.gifcwm25.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

Or was that just Tranceport?"

Archived