Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gonna Be A Long 18 Hour Day!!!

Originally posted by weyes

i was gonna provide you with an entertaining smiley, but my comp's been having issues lately - a lot of "page not found"s and crap :no: . sorry.

Sorry to hear that... Its the thought that counts anyway... ;)

Originally posted by copahc

I hope your getting overtime for that

Of course... Actually I am getting more than over time.

I am getting off shift pay. Midnight premium and Over time pay.

Double Time and a Half plus 10% for midnight premium plus meal allowance. :D Otherwise I would not be here... So I will be getting 45 Hours pay for 18 hours of work. I will be tired today but as I always say. That paycheck is never tired...

Originally posted by gmccookny

Damn element :eek:

Are you working overtime FOR YOUR overtime :confused:

18 hours! that can't be legal :laugh:

It is legal. Actually I am not supposed to be working more than a double. But this is considered a double. The only thing is I will not be leaving the office during the 2 hour gap. I may leave for lunch. But I am not going home. But they pay me for the gap anyway. :D

...it's all about the benjamins...i think the longest i've pulled on any job was about 16...tough...what made it worse was sleeping in the cold on a couch for about 4 hours and then waking up to work another 10...my boy works at the newark jail and has the weekend shift...these guys work 8am-12am saturday and sunday...then have mon-fri off...

...either way...working long hours is tough...

...once you make it over that hump...its all down hill...good luck today...:)

Originally posted by phatman

...it's all about the benjamins...i think the longest i've pulled on any job was about 16...tough...what made it worse was sleeping in the cold on a couch for about 4 hours and then waking up to work another 10...my boy works at the newark jail and has the weekend shift...these guys work 8am-12am saturday and sunday...then have mon-fri off...

...either way...working long hours is tough...

...once you make it over that hump...its all down hill...good luck today...:)

Yeah I have pulled this many times here. My shift will be from 3:30 am till about 10:00pm tonight. The only time I really get tired is between 1 and 3 pm. Other than that it is really busy so I dont really have much time to sit and actually feel tired. It wouldnt be so bad. But last night I got off at 10:00pm got home around 10:45. I fell asleep around 12:00 and woke up at 2am. So 2 hours sleep into an 18 hour shift is pure torture.

One thing that keeps me going is knowing that with every hour of OT that I work it is that much closer to buying a house. :D

Originally posted by elementx

Of course... Actually I am getting more than over time.

I am getting off shift pay. Midnight premium and Over time pay.

Double Time and a Half plus 10% for midnight premium plus meal allowance. :D Otherwise I would not be here... So I will be getting 45 Hours pay for 18 hours of work. I will be tired today but as I always say. That paycheck is never tired...

OMG, you are getting payed for a weeks worth in one day? That's awesome. Now you can afford to take me out ;)

OMG, you are getting payed for a weeks worth in one day? That's awesome. Now you can afford to take me out ;)

:) I will PM you back about that later sweetie...

About the 1 week pay for 1 day of work... If you think about it. It is like working 2+days in one. Which makes for a very long day. And Over time pay is taxed at a higher percentage. Which of course you get back more at the end of the year.

But Like I said. I don't put much of it in my pocket anymore. I try to bank what I can. I am tired of paying rent. I want to own a house. :(

So you went in at like 4 am. Thats really fucked up

I got in at 3:30am and left at around 9:45pm :zzz:

It is normally not that bad when I pull those shifts in 2 different offices during the day. But sitting in the same office all day it is a killer.