Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rise

prplhz

Here is the current RISE update. Too bad but I agree with what they are doing, whole heartedly:)

===============================

RISE Update

===============================

Dear RISE email family,

There's one thing that you can all be assured of.... That RISE is going to be so much better when we re-open... and we WILL re-open. Darrin and I are totally committed to reopening RISE.

Immediately after the fire at "The Station" in Rhode Island, we decided that at the very least, we would like to install a sprinkler system and a new, wider stair to make the space safer. It didn¹t take us long to realize that, to rebuild the club, we will need to practically gut the entire space and build a whole new club. The cost of doing this will far exceed the insurance claims for "fixing the damage".

Before the fire happened at "The Station," we were poised to very quickly rebuild our club. Plans, contractors and bids were all in place and we expected work to begin within days. After that fire, everything changed and we viewed our space with different eyes and priorities. Although The Station was in a different place and was a different kind of club, the similarities with RISE were many, including the same legal capacity, the lack of sprinklers and the "grandfathering" of many building code issues.

Although we have the legal right to put everything back the way it was, we cannot bring ourselves to do so. We want our club to be as safe as possible. The building and fire codes have yet to catch up to the reality of what happened in RI, but hopefully they will. We want to do the right thing by building a club that is as safe as it can possibly be.

We CAN install a sprinkler system and rebuild the main stair on Stuart Street. Doing this will certainly make the space safer. While we are finalizing those details, we are also pursuing another option which is to move the club to an entirely new location. We are at this very moment weighing the pro's and con's of rebuilding at Stuart Street or moving the club to a new space. We're looking at several potential downtown Boston locations. All are exciting and all are totally new spaces. All will take time.

The last time I sent out an email on 2/28, I believed it would not be long before we would re-open. That fire in RI was something that none of us could anticipate and it truly has changed everything. Hopefully all nightclubs will be safer as a result of that unfortunate night. If there's anything good to come of all the pain of that awful incident, it's that hopefully, it opened many eyes to safety issues that will save lives in the future.

Regardless of whether we stay on Stuart Street or begin again at a new space, we know that you all liked the intimate aspect of RISE as well as the sound, the lights and more. We promise not to change all that and to only improve what needs improvement.

We will keep you posted as things progress. It's gonna be awhile before we re-open but we promise you it will be worth the wait. As you all know, good things take time.

Keep those emails coming and please don¹t stop telling us what you think. Darrin and I learned an important thing the first time around with RISE. If you dream it, it REALLY can be. So keep telling us what you dream and together we will make it happen.

Thanks again for your continued patience and support.

Tom

RISE is a PRIVATE, member-only club and is not open to the general public. If you were forwarded this email and are not a RISE member, you can only attend any of the above events by arriving with a member as their guest. If you show up at our door and are NOT with a member, you WILL be turned away. More info about RISE at www.skymedia.com/rise

Oh man, this is awful news. :(

It's definitely good that they're going to install sprinklers, if you think about it, Rise could've been a scary scene if a fire ever broke out. But it's just bad timing... Boston NEEDS Rise now. We need some kind of consistant outlet for good dance music on a weekend night.

I can't imagine how long it's going to take them to open the club now. Considering they haven't even decided if they're going to stay on Stuart Street, it could easily take more than a year. :(

Tell me about it, I am so unhappy about this. But it is a good thing as you say it could have been a REALLY scary scene if a fire broke out, imagine the chaos if there was as many people there as the night of Satoshi. I mean that place was way crowded and so dark you can't really see anything. But as you say NY we really need a place like RISE right now, Boston clubbing scene is at an all time low, and no end in sight. I guess I will just have to look forward to going to NYC in May and Ibiza in July.:(

They say something good always comes out of everything, even extreme tragedy.

I compliment the owners of Rise for caring about the safety of their patrons over the need for a Boston club right now.

prplhz, wow, what a downer, you'll just have to settle for NYC and Ibiza, think you'll manage..??

Again, it's nice to see people care about their fellow brothers and sisters over a few bucks...!!

:) :)

It does suck that it will be a while before Rise opens up again....but all it means is that it will be that much better when it finally does open up again....

the whole reason that Rise closed down to begin with was because of a fire...so this is why the owners are so concerned with the fire safety of the people and not only do i respect that but you can't blame them for taking these procations as well...