Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SO WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT DT @ SPACE

ravepapa

<PANCHO> yes i know after DT arrived the started playing his set in the red room.... i was talking about the dj in the red room before DT showed up.... he was pretty good.... not sure of what his name was....

but i have to hand it to him...... he rocked the party as well.

------------------

GARY P.(ARTISTRY @ NEVIS)

FREE YOUR MIND

Why do people continually compare apples to oranges? George Acosta is, in my opinion, very good at what he does but you can't compare him to Danny. They play entirely different styles. Anyway, back to the discussion at hand. This was my first opportunity to hear Danny spin live. I was very impressed. I thought his set progressed very nicely. I do agree with the comments on how the gestapo, sorry, security at Space and how it has become out of control. Clubbers deserve better. It's sad that they can't seem to find a happy median. Some of the door staff is quite friendly. Angel, in particular, helped me out greatly Saturday night. I've known Danny via Email since 1997. He had agreed to review my Mix CD for me so I brought one down for him. Angel made sure that I was able to get it to him. By the way, I did happen to dance all night, with a break or two here and there. I was wearing all black and losing it on top of the Bass bins most of the night. I just couldn't stand getting bumped into NO MATTER where I was! They should really put up some railings around half of the floor to at least limit walking through the dance floor.(I'll just bring some orange cones with me next time wink.gif I really wish I would have been able to meet some of you that were there. It was tough, but I closed the place down. Space even splurged for Pizza just before closing. At around 1:30pm Danny came out of the booth and walked around thanking people for staying the length. He's really an all around nice guy. He had a lot of technical problems through the night and still pulled off a stellar set. His remix of Lady is the shit!! So, Space has it's good points and bad points but overall Saturday for me was great. Bring on the WMC!!!!!

------------------

Syversin

A r t i s t r y

"An artist takes many different colors and after putting them together, creates something beautiful. We are, as DJ's, artists as well. The music is our paint and the people are our canvas."

Just a question... and just for fun.

Why should it matter if people were on "stuff" or not when seeing Danny on Saturday night, especially to one who was sitting around having a beer at 1 in the afternoon anyhow?

Dude, the music /is/ the drug (as much as I hate to employ catch-phrases), and, whether it's accompanied or not, Danny /is/ fun.

Heh,

Rene'

( DT ) is off the hook.....I visit him every friday night at Vinyl in NY...

by chance does any one know the start date of the W M C ? March ??? I need to get plane tickets and don't know when I should take off at my job....please help thanx...

The Winter Music Conference runs from March 24 - 28th. Just so ya know cwm39.gif

------------------

Syversin

A r t i s t r y

"An artist takes many different colors and after putting them together, creates something beautiful. We are, as DJ's, artists as well. The music is our paint and the people are our canvas."

the only point i was making is that it's a lot easier to overlook the negatives of a night at space when you're on something. that's it. you do what you want. it's all good man. i'm not attacking those who choose to do that.

Actually, it's a lot easier to overlook the negatives when you choose to make the best of a situation. Trust me, if I made it a point to focus on Space's negatives and only it's negatives, I could put together a whole laundry list of crap. Instead, I choose to enjoy myself and do. I look to the bright side of life. (Everyone, sing with me now...)

It's been my point all along. If all we're looking for is the negative, we'll ALL find it in ANYTHING we look at, whether it's Space, Moses, or Disney World. I just tire of people rambling on and on as though things were life-or-death issues. Sure, people at Space can be dicks, but... deal with it and have fun anyway. No need to ruin your night or let your night get ruined BY some asshole that's virtually meaningless to you anyhow.

Hell. Letting 'em get to you is, in part, letting 'em win. Fuck that!!!

cwm7.gif

just an answer...

i could care less what one was doing at 1 in the afternoon. it doesn't matter to me what you do with your life. the only point i was making is that it's a lot easier to overlook the negatives of a night at space when you're on something. that's it. you do what you want. it's all good man. i'm not attacking those who choose to do that.

i mean it is all about the muzik right? cwm13.gif

------------------

Phrankdaphunk

Well, I was @ Space till about 1pm. Now I'm kicking myself for letting my friends into talking me into leaveing. I was the one wearing the #9 t-shirt off to the side mostly stomping my feet when the bass would die off smile.gif Unfortunately I had to work till midnight then drive 3 and a half hours to see him. But from 4am till 1pm I was off the wall.

If you all really think that Space was packed then I'd hate to see what you all think of a PVD night @ Twilo. I was actually very comfortable with the amount of people there. DT's set was Good, but the way he interacted with the crowd towards the end was what made it an excellent night. Asking for requests and just plain having fun. That was the shit.

It is unfortunate that even though that was my first time @ Space I did notice the security. Flashlights everywhere and the constant badgering of clients doesn't make the club "safe". I was just kneeling down tired off my ass, and I was asked to stand up and if I "had anything?" Sweet way to make buisness. I can't say that nothing was going on there. I mean hell, I saw about 3 people doing lines and who knows how many poppers. But constantly bugging people doesn't do anything but annoy everyone. I'd wish them luck @ Space but they are digging there own grave. Banning Glowsticks????? That is about as stupid as letting people in without patting them down and expect them NOT to bring any drugs in. IMHO I'd rather get patted down once while walking in and feel safer in the enviornment then constantly getting harrased throughout the evening.

------------------

..The judge said: "Son, what is your alibi? If you were somewhere else then you won't have to die." Well I said not a word. Though it meant my life, for I'd been in the arms of my best friends wife.

Duuuude your crushing my head!

Archived