Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you think it's a problem that we have not found WMD?

georgym

Originally posted by gmccookny

We have not found one single one.

And that was part of what legitimized this war in the 1st place.

:confused:

Nope I don't think it is a problem at all. The Iraqies have gotten to experience freedom for the first time. That in my mind makes this war totally legitimate. It is going to take sometime to find the WMD. As of today they think they have found 2 possible sites. One which was mobile.

Originally posted by jesseh49

Nope I don't think it is a problem at all. The Iraqies have gotten to experience freedom for the first time. That in my mind makes this war totally legitimate. It is going to take sometime to find the WMD. As of today they think they have found 2 possible sites. One which was mobile.

to quote what siceone said before you: "rome wasn't built in a day"...

no wmd's found yet...

and iraqi's don't exactly have freedom right now either...

sure you saw some people dancing around and laughing...

and i will be happy for them when they get freedom too, but they're not there yet...

baghdad hasn't quite become mr roger's neighbourhood yet...

lootings, revenge killings(civilians on civilians), armed fighting...

just like you don't want gmcookny to jump to conclusions about the wmd's just yet, i think we should have the same attitude about the "freedom" of the iraqi people too...

it's not there just yet...(i'm not saying that it won't come though...i sure hope it does)...

you can't treat one side of it one way, and the other a different way...

Originally posted by frenchbread

no wmd's found yet...

and i will be happy for them when they get freedom too, but they're not there yet...

just like you don't want gmcookny to jump to conclusions about the wmd's just yet, i think we should have the same attitude about the "freedom" of the iraqi people too...

it's not there just yet...(i'm not saying that it won't come though...i sure hope it does)...

fair enough....

Originally posted by frenchbread

no wmd's found yet...

agreed freedom is as much a state of mind as a state of being they have physical freedom not they need to learn the responsiblities that come with that freedom.

well, when you stir up the pot, things are going to shake around for a while.

You can definitely see that now - the looting, killiings, crime and such. If we eliminated police from NYC today, you can bet that much of the same would happen.

Then again you can also see the reaction to anarchy - neighborhood patrols forming, people working to restore order and safety. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, so to speak.

Things will calm down soon enough, but the country right now is at ground level. No serious established government, little to no police force, barely enough civil services. Rome definitely wasn't built in a day and Iraq won't be either. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what transpires.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

but u can be sure as fuck that American Corportations will be there to reap the benefits of this "New Rome"

if they can get a foothold in there.

Iraqis and the arab population in general seem to be determined to prevent that, so i don't think it's a viable option for corporations to start expanding out that way. Plus, the mere fact of being an american corporation with interests in that region is enough to make them a target for any radical action.

besides, the US isn't the only company with greedy corporations.

I bet the rest of the NATO members want a piece of the pie for the sake of their own economies as well.

Originally posted by gmccookny

We have not found one single one.

And that was part of what legitimized this war in the 1st place.

:confused:

One possibility may be, those who are still alive and have knowledge of wmd storage facilities, can either be extremely loyal to saddam. Or they may be trying to work out a deal with the U.S. cash in. They may also feel their family may be threatened for revealing this info to the much hated Americans who just dropped bombs on their houses. Just a few thoughts for you...