Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

Plexi presents Australia’s INFUSION (live): The next big name in dance music - 11.20 @ Centro-Fly

Main Room:

INFUSION (live)

Kimyon

Justin Strauss

Lounge:

DJ Spinna

@ Centro-Fly

45 West 21st Street

Doors at 10pm

$10 Cover

$4 Beers & $6 Jack/Cokes

www.centro-fly.com

“The next big name in dance music†- CMJ

"Australia's best live act" - Sydney Herald

Australian electronic live act INFUSION are taking off on their most exciting overseas tour yet with 11 dates across 4 countries in the month of November, including dates in the UK, a coveted main-stage slot at the Creamfields Buenos Aires Festival - with an expected attendance of 30,000 and a *special* NYC date at the newly renovated Centro-Fly.

There are few electronic acts that deliver on the same level as a rock band with spontaneity, enthusiasm and a 100% live performance like INFUSION. As front man Jaime Stevens says, “when we play live, it’s about the energy.†With a mixture of breakbeats, synths, vocals, basslines, house and big beats, their live music defies conventional genres but can be classified as energetic, electronic dance music.

Without a moment’s rest, the lads have been in the studio producing stunning original works and remixes. They were handpicked by renowned producer Junkie XL for collaboration on two tracks for his Radio JXL album; ‘Nightmares’ and ‘Aquaman’ featuring Infusion. The ‘Nightmares’ track was also featured in the club scene in the horror film Freddy vs. Jason. Meanwhile, the legacy of their hit single ‘Legacy’ (Best Single - Dance Music Awards 2002) continues with inclusion on a number of compilations worldwide including the Perfecto Presents: Paul Oakenfold - Great Wall.

An electronic live act not to be missed! INFUSION are Jamie Stevens, Manuel Sharrad and Frank Xavier (on AudioTherapy, Marine Parade, Positiva, SAW.Recordings, Kilowatt, Simple Records and Thunk Recordings.)

Look out for an Infusion artist album in 2004!

www.INFUSION.net.au

THE WORD ON INFUSION

"Fast becoming one of the top production teams in the world." - M8 Magazine

“The next big name in dance music†- CMJ New Music Report

“[infusion] bring their high-energy breakbeat sound to the party.†–Time Out New York

“Infusion is eclipsing Kylie Minogue and the Vines to become the hottest Aussie export onstage.†– AOL

“Infusion delivers an energetically captivating live performance, reminiscent of Underworld.†– Flavorpill.net NYC

“Beyond their growing reputation as one of the best live dance acts in the world, Infusion’s production style is hooking anyone within earshot.†– EYE Toronto

“Infusion’s remixing skills is renowned and [their] live show has been compared to Underworld.†– Miami Herald

“Infusion is the surprise hit of the year.†“They're the Underworld of the new millennium. Absolutely stunning!†– Xpander.nl

“THE CROWD WAS BLOWN AWAY BY [infusion].†– Scott Henry, BUZZ

Dance Music Awards 2003 Winners:

Best Producer(s)

Best Single: Dead Souls (Marine Parade)

Dance Music Awards 2002 Winner

Best Single ‘Legacy’ (AudioTherapy)

www.dancemusicawards.net

Save The Date:

Saturday, NOV 29th HYBRID (live) w/ New Order's Peter Hook @ Avalon

i wish i was able to go to this! i did see hybrid "LIVE" yesterday. they're alright, nothing too special though.

not to interupt the war here, but i'll be playing at nation tonight and in cleveland on friday.

also, if anyone could save me a copy of the dj mag w/ JZ on the cover and the top 100 issue it would be greatly appreciated.

now i'm off to listen to my new mix of "bullet in the gun."

1. play a party on the upper e. side (pending) 'til about 2

2. drop off tunes at a safe location

3. sasha @ avalon

4. if avalon is projected to close before noon, off to sander @ arc

5. afta-party!

last year i got home about 2p.m. this year i won't be such a wussie!

who's in!

Originally posted by thomar

1. play a party on the upper e. side (pending) 'til about 2

2. drop off tunes at a safe location

3. sasha @ avalon

4. if avalon is projected to close before noon, off to sander @ arc

5. afta-party!

last year i got home about 2p.m. this year i won't be such a wussie!

who's in!

:( sadly i won't be around to dj whore. i'll be in TX w/ the fam.

1. the fact that you'd go the upper east side is suspect

2. who's party....I see images of your set in Charleston flashing before my eyes

3. that's a big if on ARC.....doesn't look like they'll be open anymore by then.......thank god <also Vic & I have sworn never to set foot again in that Tribeca dump>

4. you wish you could hang until 2pm - :rolleyes::tongue::D

gk is right, i got kicked out of Arc. the only thing that would make me go back is a 24 hour tribal session marathon :mad:

i still have no clue for NYE. i'm trying to convince the 'rents that vacationing in Orlando is no fun for me + it will be to much travel from MS to AZ to DC to FL. rather stay in AZ w/ family and the head over to LA for digweed on NYE w/ DH and burridge aftaparty!!