Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

Originally posted by joeygk

I'm working on some things this weekend.....if I can't get anything squared away we'll get tickets on Sunday (for what even - I don't know yet).

As for Larry....um, I'll let you know on Friday.

And yes - that was Astro&Glyde @Abaya on Halloween except it was the opening dj droppin' all the tribal anthems....we got too drunk and had to leave before A&G ever took the decks. *derf* :doh::beer: <LongIsland Ice Tea is never a good idea>

i think i've only had 2 drinks since halloween :(

Originally posted by crank47

come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I saw you out? :confused:

last time i went out was for infusion. we were stuck in the d&b room with all the d&b while the britney-teenagers vacated the backroom from that concert.

merry x-mas everyone!

as for nye, i'm open to anything, except for the slight hang-up of me being at avalon for ALL of sasha's set. other than that, i'm down for whatever:D . i spent last nye w/ LES and it is time to move on. plus, i don't think i can handle being in twilo and it having a "body" room or whatever the hell they've got in there now.:mad:

vicman and all his buddies shoudl stay around town until jan. 3! i also talked to the oz/n.z. folks from last year and i'm gonna try and get together w/ them at some point. also, there are 2 b-days on fri. to attend!

i better go take a nap now.

x-mas was a bust - I ate at some lame overpriced french restaurant & got drunk on apple martinis. on a more positive note I finally got my hands on the Swayzak Fabric CD. happy day.

*hey Vicky pickles -- make sure u bring the ripped fuel for NYE -- let's just say it's all about the 'afta-party' (use your imagination on this one) :eek: :eek: :rock::D --

Originally posted by vicman

is it just me or is there nothing good out there to DL from SS? i cant recall the last time i DL something that truley blew me away. :mad:

Yeah the last cool thing I downloaded was the Greg Vickers/Krysko EM (and ohhh, do I love it), but that took me about 2 months to find a decent copy.

"I WANT AUDIO GALAXY BACK-- you could find anything and everything on AG back in the day -- :( :(

Sankey's Soap >>>>>

Jan 30th 2004

The Tribal Allnighter til 6am

JOSH WINK

JAMES ZABIELA

JUSTIN ROBERTSON

GREG VICKERS

IAIN TAYLOR

:D :D :D :D

<consistently the best parties of any club anywhere>

:mad:

why cant we have that sort of lineup anywhere here?

Sankey's Soap >>>>>

Jan 30th 2004

The Tribal Allnighter til 6am

JOSH WINK

JAMES ZABIELA

JUSTIN ROBERTSON

GREG VICKERS

IAIN TAYLOR

:D :D :D :D

<consistently the best parties of any club anywhere>

i'llgo, but then GK will change his mind 20xs about if he wants to go, whether he can get in for free, and what other BAD options there are out there!

how was everyones Christmas yesterday?

i ate way too much dim-sum and fell asleep during the middle of LOTR . . . now i have to go watch it again :mad:

i got BOMBED at Christmas dinner with my cousins. when i met one of my cousin's new boyfriends i yelled "HI! i'm the black sheep of the family! i fly in once a year for Christmas and get drunk at dinner and embarass myself!" :doh::drunk:

Originally posted by rockyblue

i got BOMBED at Christmas dinner with my cousins. when i met one of my cousin's new boyfriends i yelled "HI! i'm the black sheep of the family! i fly in once a year for Christmas and get drunk at dinner and embarass myself!" :doh::drunk:

it's all good dude, thats what cousins are for.

1. let's all hope that gk has gotten out of his "grumpy-ness" that he displayed in telephone conversations on sat. and sun.!

2. i get in tomorrow morning and am going to buy sasha tics for the 3 of us. they're $75/tic and i'll cover the x-tra $30 for each of you that sander wouldn't have been.

3. i have to manage my time properly as there are 12 people i have to see while in nyc. some of which i haven't seen since i lived in geneva and london!

it's reunion time!:party::pint:

aren't you gonna parasite gk the entire week? :confused:

huh?

DJ Sasha, along with partner John Digweed, is one of the few truly marquee names in electronic music. Coming up through the explosive '90s scene in England, Sasha has become a legendary DJ and producer without equal in this highly competitive field.

New Year's Eve brings Sasha back to New York for a rare appearance. "I haven't really had that many shows in New York since Twilo closed down," he says. "I heard about Avalon opening, and I know those guys because I worked for them in Boston many times. I was just really excited about being back in New York in the winter. "

It's been a long time since Sasha was a regular in the Big Apple. Too long, according to Sasha. "I'm excited to be back in New York," he says. "It has a special place in my heart. To be honest, I haven't really found anywhere to play in New York since Twilo, so I'm looking forward to checking out Avalon. I know a lot of work has gone into launching this place, and I'm excited to be part of the start of a new nightclub in New York."

Sasha also recognizes the significance of returning to New York for the biggest nightlife event of the year. "It's definitely kind a focal point for New Year's Eve - you've got the whole Times Square thing," he notes, adding "It's a dramatic city, and I think that on nights like New Year's Eve, people like a bit of drama."

What should the crowd be expecting from New Year’s at Avalon? Sasha is curious himself. "I'll be interested to see how it's changed, as I played at Limelight years ago," he says. "I'm going to arrive a couple of days before the gig and go down and configure the booth how I want it and stuff." But one thing's for sure, "With it being New Year's Eve in New York, it's going to be a real party crowd, a party atmosphere for sure."

Musing on the state of the club industry, Sasha offers, "I think 2003 has been a very difficult year, for not just the club world, but for the music industry in general. A lot of people will look back on 2003 as a bit of a black cloud on the music industry." On the upside, he says, "It's definitely pushing people to move forward and embrace technologies and look at different ways of selling music to people."

Sasha adds, "I think it's a turning point. The dinosaurs of the music industry, the guys who have been holding all the power for the last 15 or 20 years, they're definitely sweating right now. It's basically been pulled out of their hands and thrown onto the internet. The power if definitely going back towards the artist."

Continuing on a positive note, he says, "It's not all doom and gloom. Yes, it's completely given the music industry a kicking, but for the smaller artist, the internet provides a really amazing platform to directly interact with the people who are buying your music."

Which is just what up-and-coming artists need to make their way in the world. "It's definitely a hard industry to break into," Sasha admits. But, he offers this advice for those who would follow in his path, "It is possible to do it. You've got to have the right attitude, you've got to have the right music, you've got to have your own style and you've also got to have a bit of luck."

Catch Sasha and John Digweed in their New Year’s Eve Coast-to-Coast event with simulcast sets from Sasha at Avalon New York and Digweed at Avalon Hollywood. --Dan Ackerman

VIC- I EXPECT YOU'LL BE BUYING THE PLATINUM PACKAGE W/ THE CRISTAL UPGRADE!!

Party Name

New Year's Eve with SASHA @ Avalon

Venue Name

Avalon

Picture / Flyer

Click here to view.

Venue Address

47 West 20th Street

at 6th Avenue

Hours

10:00pm - 7:00am

Description

Click here for the animated invite.

The return of SASHA marks the definitive New Year's Eve celebration for NYC. A crowd favorite after his 4 year residency with John Digweed at that club-that-will-not-be-named, this night will prove to be unforgettable. Buy your tickets early and get ready for the night of your life.

2 HOUR OPEN BAR 9pm-11pm

Dress Code

Type of Music/Crowd

Dance Club, 4 Rooms of Music, Hipster, Euro, Music Heads, Progressive, House, Hip-hop

21+

Menu

2 hour open bar from 9pm - 11pm.

Ticket Price

(Prices are per person unless otherwise noted. Prices subject to change.)

General Admission - $75

AVALON CHAPEL LOUNGE PACKAGES

2 person tables = $400 ($200 per person)

3 person tables = $475 ($160 per person)

This includes:

- 2 hours of open bar from 9 – 11.

- Champagne toast at midnight

- 1 bottle of liquor (see bottom page for liquor options)

- Admission for up to 3 people

4 person tables = $800 ($200 per person)

5 person tables = $875 ($175 per person)

6 person tables = $950 ($160 per person)

This includes:

- 2 bottle of liquor (see bottom page for liquor options).

- Admission for up to 6 people

SPIDER CLUB VIP ROOM PACKAGES:

Tootsie Roll Room

2 person tables = $400 ($200 per person).

This includes:

- Admission for 2 people

- 1 bottle of liquor (see bottom of page for liquor options).

4 person tables = $800 ($200 per person)

This includes:

- Admission for 4 people

- 2 bottles of liquor (see bottom of page for liquor options).

Main Room

Platinum package = $2500 ($250 per person)

This includes:

- admission for 10 people

- 5 bottles of liquor (see bottom page for liquor options).

Gold Package = $1350 ($225 per person)

This includes:

- admission for 6 people

- 3 bottles of liquor (see bottom page for liquor options).

LIQUOR OPTIONS

WHISKEY

Jack Daniels

Maker’s Mark

COGNAC

Remy Martin

CHAMPAGNE

PERRIER-JOUET GRAND BRUT

LOUIS ROEDERER BRUT PREMIERE

VEUVE CLICQUOT YELLOW LABEL

VODKA

ABSOLUT

SKYY CITRUS

ABSOLUT MANDARIN

STOLICHNAYA

STOLI RAZBERI

GIN

BEEFEATER

TANGUERY 10

RUM

BACARDI O

BACARDI LIMON

CAPTAIN MORGAN

TEQUILA

SCOTCH

CHIVAS

JOHNNIE WALKER BLACK / RED

Additional bottle selections such as Grey Goose, Belvedere, Dom Perignon and Cristal are also available upon request for an additional fee

:eek: :eek:

one day i'll have 2,500 to spend on 1 night and not think twice about it . . . either that or i'll just have to hang out with thomar when he becomes a world famous dj and he's in action at avalon in NYC for NYE or anywhere else for that matter . . .

thomar, arent you going to be staying in NY almost the entire week? :confused: