Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

Originally posted by thomar

so, you never told us why you weren't coming out on friday! vic, you coming?!

nope. no can do. i got a deadline on monday so i need to get stuff done over the weekend . . .and of course i'm broke. :(

Originally posted by joeygk

WELCOME BACK VIC! I got a few random voicmails last weekend :shaky:

lol.

you guys are in for a treat tonight. s&d were awsome on saturday. they really did a good job @ mansion (level) didnt get overly packed.

I'm not going......I think Thomar is, he's got lots of money he can afford the $50 dollar cover. Not me, no sir. :P

ah yes, the average punter may pay $50, but i have a secret weapon- 2 actually! i know one thing, that i don't have enough money to gambling my day away in atlantic city!

vic, how was it?! give me all the details! how bad does space still suck?

it was a great conference overall since we all stayed in the same hotel across the hall from each other. this year i ended up not going to space, nor did i set foot in crobar either, i ended up just staying on the beach and every party that i went to was great.

my rankings would be as fallow:

1. m-nus @ priviledge (sun. night-i am now a magda whore!! AMAZING intensity at that place for hawtin -i'll post pics)

2. steve lawler @ state (mon. night-lawler even played some techno)

3. chris liebing, carola & vigorito @ priviledge (tue. night-liebing was insane - did i tell you guys i absolutely love techno? techno parties never dissapoint)

4. s&d @ mansion (sat. night-great music, nice venue, poor ventilation up front but i was next to the fan the entire night, place was not packed)

5. bedrock @ nerve (fri. night- got really packed-too much for my taste, got the royal nerve treatment of begging the door people to let me in since i didnt have a ticket)

6. nick warren @ nerve (wed. night-good music & company but i was exhausted at that point)

first 3 days i was there i made to the beach and it seemed better than last year, since there were no spring breakers there. last three days w/ 3 consecutive post-parties (twice @ cafeteria and once at steffi's & co. place) kept me indoors all day.

truly, the only things missing were both of you punks.

best moment: catching up w/ everyone as teh weeks progressed and seeing them get worse and worse and worse . . . lol

"lesson learned: keep to the smaller venues and you'll have lotsa fun" - we've been saying that for years, I'm glad somebody actually tried that! I heard Hawtin Rawked it too --- Danny Howells not so much (good call on Lawler obviously).

"lesson learned: keep to the smaller venues and you'll have lotsa fun" - we've been saying that for years, I'm glad somebody actually tried that! I heard Hawtin Rawked it too --- Danny Howells not so much (good call on Lawler obviously).

i would have liked to go to space if there would have been a reason to, but there really wasn't anything that made me wanna go and not miss out on the other stuff.

i heard that entrance to howells at BED was closed after 10:40pm. theye were not letting anyone in.

btw, clive henry who opened up for lawler sucked it bad. spinning scratched cd's and almost blwoing a speaker. he actually stopped the music for a few minutes so they could fix the speaker.

I'm in - especially if Danny is as good as he was last month! I'm not minding ARC so much anymore as long as I show up late - it's the early hours in the morning that annoy me.

This Friday at ARC - Danny Tenaglia vs. Victor Calderone - :eek:

Anthony Pappa is @Spirit on Friday & think Scumfrog is @Crobar (I THINK - not sure - he has the bimonthly thing happening), Tenaglia should be @ARC, there might also be some stuff going on at Sullivan Room & Filter..........

I think Thomar is having a party that Friday as well! ;)

Gabriel & Dresden - are @Avalon on Saturday

I was over Thomar's place the other day and he played 3 records that didn't suck or put me to sleep......so we now officially know that he does have at least 3 tracks in his collection besides boring progessive snoozers - WHO KNEW.

Filter is a total dive bar and the size of a closet - it's fun if you get the right crowd in there --- same goes for Sullivan --- small lounge, but fun if you get the right group going.