Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

hi kiddies! :D

I rarely use my work email address for anything other than work email so I was suprised in the last month or so to get 3 spam emails. Funny thing is that they are to: gina.medina@mycompany.com Which is a funny name but its not mine :laugh: :laugh:

I got my greek postcard from Thomar in the mail yesterday AND my mini ipod! it was a good day in my mailbox! :beer:

Gina Medina!! :funny:

New York Leads U.S. in Taxes, Tennessee Is Last

Thu Sep 9, 9:44 AM ET Add Top Stories - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Joan Gralla

NEW YORK (Reuters) - New Yorkers pay the highest state and local taxes in the nation, shelling out nearly $131 for every $1,000 of income in 2002, according to a new study.

Tennessee taxed its citizens the least -- they paid just under $84 for every $1,000 of income.

Massachusetts, ridiculed in the 1980s as "Taxachusetts" fell to 40th in 2002, as its residents only paid $96 in taxes for every $1,000 of income, according to a Boston-based business group.

On a gauge where a low ranking is positive, that was a marked improvement from a decade ago when Massachusetts came in 25th.

The study was done by the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation, which assessed states' competitiveness using the most recent data available.

Taxes often play a big role when companies decide where to expand or relocate. For years, New York business groups have argued that high taxes have hurt job growth.

Five states have no personal income tax, and at least two of them, Florida and Nevada, are among the fastest-growing in the nation.

New York's tax system is the nation's most progressive, however. Its residents paid just more than $44 in personal income taxes per $1,000 of income, up about $2.50 from 1992.

"For Joe Blow, I think (the study) provides him with some context for his own feelings about what the tax burden feels like," said Cam Huff, senior research associate with the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation.

When the total bill for state and local taxes and fees was examined, the average U.S. resident paid out more than $152 per $1,000 of income. That was down $6 from a decade ago, which suggests some states cut levies fairly aggressively.

Arizona, for example, fell to 39th from 18th. It assessed just under $144 per $1,000 of income, about $20 less than in 1992.

Hawaii has the most regressive tax system when it comes to sales and excise taxes, which sock the poor hardest. Hawaiians pay almost $64 per $1,000 of income in these levies. But the state also relies heavily on tourists, who get hit too.

Oregonians paid the least at just under $9.

Property taxes, which can bedevil homeowners, were highest in Maine, at nearly $55 for every $1,000 of income. New Hampshire came in second at just over $51, trailed by New Jersey, where the levy topped $48.

Alabama was last in this category. Its property taxes only added up to slightly more than $13 for every $1,000 of income. Delaware came in 49th, at just less than $16 per $1,000, while Arkansas took the 48th spot at just over $16.

Roddick went down...the one night I didn't watch the OPEN...grrr. Although, I'm a big believer in battling your way into the finals.....instead of steam rolling your opponents....you need to drop a set & battle back to be ready for the big matches.....Roddick wasn't tested and I think he went into his match thinking it was a sure thing. HA-HA.

Federer vs. Hewitt in the final & GO CAPRIATI!

i watched the first couple of sets, roddick wasn't playing all that great . . . basically he has no net game and he can;t do anything well besides powering the ball past people. if you are able to return his first serve, or if he is having a bad service game, he's average at best. he needs to expand his repetoir, one thing is playing to your stengths the other is knowing how and when to vary things to keep your oponent always guessing. he was just so predictable during the first 2 sets. he probably won the 3rd and 4th when his service game improved.