Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

she's definitely loosing her edge. she was actually seriously thinking of not going on Saturday . . . unheard of in the past!

i know! it was a shock to me as well. i haven't slept properly since i heard teh news. i thought it was jetlag, but now i know it deals w/ tiny and pvd!

I just woke up!!!!!!!!!

I'm sitting at the computer in my underwear eating toast -- HOW FUN. Although, I'm already kinda/sorta bored.

Days off w/ Plans = good times.

Days off w/ nothing to do = snooze bar prog.

I'm gonna go to the Kangol store and try on hats.....be back in a bit! :D

I just woke up!!!!!!!!!

I'm sitting at the computer in my underwear eating toast -- HOW FUN. Although, I'm already kinda/sorta bored.

Days off w/ Plans = good times.

Days off w/ nothing to do = snooze bar prog.

I'm gonna go to the Kangol store and try on hats.....be back in a bit! :D

GK is getting ready to party down at the . . . Jersey Shore w/ his new :hat:

U2 to Release New 'Atomic Bomb' Album in November

LONDON (Reuters) - Irish rock band U2 unveiled on Tuesday the title of their next album, "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," evoking the violence and rebellion of their early records.

The album, recorded in Dublin and the south of France, made headlines in July after recordings from it went missing.

The disappearance of rough versions of some tracks from a recording studio in Nice, France, had prompted fears they would appear on the Internet before the official release.

But a band spokeswoman said: "They didn't show up anywhere as far as we're aware."

Invoking the atomic bomb recalls the band's earlier albums "War," "Under a Blood Red Sky" and "The Unforgettable Fire."

The new album will arrive in North American record stores on Nov. 23, one day after its release in Europe.

The group, and especially frontman Bono, have long been associated with global political causes and fans have been waiting to hear if there will be fresh messages from U2 on their first album since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

"Vertigo" will be the first single from the album, which is U2's first studio recording since the 2000 success "All That You Can't Leave Behind."

The song will air on radio on Sept. 24, according to U2's label Interscope, a unit of Vivendi's Universal Music.

The new album will include a cover of Kraftwerk's "Neon Lights," along with songs entitled "Crumbs From Your Table," "Yahweh," "City of Blinding Lights," "A Man and a Woman" and "Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own."

U2, who have sold 120 million records since the release of their first album 24 years ago, were also nominated for membership to the U.S. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this week, along with Grandmaster Flash, Randy Newman (news) and others.

what a weird name for the album.

what a weird name for the album.

yeah. I've known about this for a while. I heard a rough recording of one of the tracks. Sounded good. I think they are going to hit a nerve with one song title in particular....

rumor is that they'll kick off their tour in miami in march '05. I have very fond memories of the florida kickoff of the last tour *sigh* Don't know if I can do it again.

Maybe I'll run into Bono on the street and he'll give me a hug for my 29th bday - just like my 25th bday :D