Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

PAUL VAN DYK

International DJ and producer Paul van Dyk was voted "America's Favorite DJ" for 2004 by BPM Magazine and was the big winner at the 2004 Dancestar Awards, taking home 3 awards: Best International DJ, Best Event and Best Music in a Commercial (Motorola). He also won the Mexican Oscar for his soundtrack in the film Zurdo in March 2004. Paul partnered with the "Rock the Vote" campaign in order to encourage America's youth to exercise their right to vote in the 2004 presidential election. Paul's involvement marked the first time an electronic artist became involved in the campaign and he joined other artists such as Bono, Mary J. Blige, Lenny Kravitz and the Black Eyed Peas. Previously, Paul was voted "Best Music Maker" by DJ magazine, ahead of DJ legends Fatboy Slim (2) and Paul Oakenfold (3). He then went on to receive the "Best International DJ Award" at the 1999 Music Awards in London. Ministry of Sound Magazine named him the "Best international DJ", and his regular 6 hour set at "Gatecrasher" was voted as the "second best club night ever" by the readers of the English magazine Muzik. In 1999, Mixmag elected him as "Man of the Year" and Muzik Magazine named him "Leader of the Trance Nation."

there is soooooooooo nothing going on New Years Eve -- Nothing. There is plenty of cool stuff the day after ----> NYE in NYC nothing good happening and all the prices are going to be jacked up.

Word of advice -- chill friday night & then Strap it on Saturday. All the lightweights will be hungover and staying in so all the a hardcores & thomar will be out on Saturday. RAWK.

there is soooooooooo nothing going on New Years Eve -- Nothing. There is plenty of cool stuff the day after ----> NYE in NYC nothing good happening and all the prices are going to be jacked up.

Word of advice -- chill friday night & then Strap it on Saturday. All the lightweights will be hungover and staying in so all the a hardcores & thomar will be out on Saturday. RAWK.

now you're starting to get it :bounce:

Thomar - i have a bootleg of the U2 brooklyn show you went to. If you are interested :)

I also watched the mtv special on the show. It was only 30 minutes. I looked for you in the audience but didn't see you in your cool blue cap. I did see 2 other people I know though :laugh:

definitely interested! it was edited to hell. on the show he said "You've just been jammed" at the end- he said it right when they got on stage. it was way better in person- they didn't do it justice on the show. HOW DARE THEY!

definitely interested! it was edited to hell. on the show he said "You've just been jammed" at the end- he said it right when they got on stage. it was way better in person- they didn't do it justice on the show. HOW DARE THEY!

Hehe they always edit stuff for tv/release! For example, I believe it was the Boston show on their last tour where Edge lost his temper, dropped his guitar and kicked it across the stage. You didn't see that when they aired it on NBC. Hot blooded Irishman! :love:

Anyhow, the show is an audience recording but all in all not a bad audio recording. Hey, at least there's no whistle guy! :D

Hehe they always edit stuff for tv/release! For example, I believe it was the Boston show on their last tour where Edge lost his temper, dropped his guitar and kicked it across the stage. You didn't see that when they aired it on NBC. Hot blooded Irishman! :love:

Anyhow, the show is an audience recording but all in all not a bad audio recording. Hey, at least there's no whistle guy! :D

true about the whistle!

it's funny you should mention the guitar slam- i remember you telling me about it and then i was watching the boston show on trio and would you believe it?! GUITAR SLAM! (i was looking for broken strings :shaky: )

true about the whistle!

it's funny you should mention the guitar slam- i remember you telling me about it and then i was watching the boston show on trio and would you believe it?! GUITAR SLAM! (i was looking for broken strings :shaky: )

yeah, its on the dvd ;)

I think the official story on the guitar slam in boston was because he was pissed at larry for starting the song early LOL I think it was in Chicago (maybe DC? shit, shows all run together haha) where he broke 2 guitar strings in a row and threw his guitar. I wanna be a rock n roll star so that I can throw tantrums in public at 40. :bowdown:

yeah, its on the dvd ;)

I think the official story on the guitar slam in boston was because he was pissed at larry for starting the song early LOL I think it was in Chicago (maybe DC? shit, shows all run together haha) where he broke 2 guitar strings in a row and threw his guitar. I wanna be a rock n roll star so that I can throw tantrums in public at 40. :bowdown:

i need all the facts! i cannot go into a U2 face-off w/o the proper info. luckily i was amongst friends here, but don't let me get caught out again!