Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

(1) my flautas were SO GOOD (and they served it w/ some weird salad w/ sour cream all over it) = yum.

(2) the restaurant was playing Progessive House -- i'm not fokking joking either, I was standing in line listening to random dance music. Not sure how Mexican Prog is, but whateva, I didn't mind.

-i thought you were getting enchiladas?

-mexican prog. house = psy trance. its all the rage across the rio grande mi amigo.

HEAT IS RISING WITH THOMAS PENTON!

"There are many special and talented artists coming to Oslo but actual support received (in terms of numbers) doesn't always reflect that." (Wilge Claure, Heat) House of Deep Productions once again teams up with the HEAT boys to bring to a hot night to Moon Nightclub in Oslo (Norway). Friday 28th January sees an eagerly awaited performance from long-term international DJ and a favorite producer of some of best DJ's in the business, Thomas Penton. This is the Miami-based DJ's first ever trip to the Nordic land as part of an early 2005 European Tour which will include Denmark, Switzerland, with more dates set to be confirmed.

The globetrotting veteran has been producing dance music since 1992. Thomas formed Resonance Records and Inductive Recordings specifically as an outlet for his music. Penton's productions have been played for many years by Sasha, John Digweed, Dave Seaman, Anthony Pappa, Nick Warren, and Paul Oakenfold. Today, he has released over forty projects on some of the industries most respected dance labels, including Perfecto, Boz Boz, Release, Armada, Tune Inn, Fade, Sunkissed and Stereo Productions.

In recent years, this versatile artist has even remixed the likes of Mary J Blige and Madonna. With Thomas set to release an official mix CD on new upcoming label from the Scandinavian label Nervine Records, it is fitting that the DJ performs in the same territory.

365Mag asked HEAT organiser Wilge Claure to sum up state of the scene in Norway at present: "There are many special and talented artists coming to Oslo but actual support received (in terms of numbers) doesn't always reflect that. Some events, no matter how good the artist is, still struggle. Some clubs have lasted less than a year due to this and others seem to be popular and then suddenly unpopular again. The general concensus now though seems to be positive. I believe the scene is gradually picking up and there's no shortage of events or excellent artists coming to our country."

HEAT continues it's dedication high-profile guests with a special visit from DC10/Circo Loco resident Jo Mills on February 11 followed by Parks and Wilson as part of Tilt's Explorer Album Tour on February 25.

www.thomaspenton.com