Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

i saw the truck on sunday on my way to rocky's place - we have to go hit that shit up.

"henry" also wants to check out oyamel. lets see when everyone as time to go. rocky, you and the crankster wanna join in? tiny?

i'm in and i'm pretty sure crank will be joining us. we'll have to wait until the TinyB world tour ends tho.

rocky,

timo was decent, was there for barrett's birthday just sitting in vip... meg went too!

vicman,

hmm... sorta out of our depths with those areas. i would have suggested this hoi polloi fancy asian place that had some name like mie n yu in cleveland park across from the uptown but i remembered it went out of business lol.

tako grill in bethesda may be slightly too dressed down for a date place but the food sure is good. sorry, don't really know those areas that well.

i wanted to take her to oyamel but it would be quite a trek from moco on a weekday with traffic and shit.

kken - whats the best sushi joint that you have been to in DC? (as long as its not too expensive)

for the whole package - ambiance, good eats, decent prices, and "non-standard" japanese stuff on the menu, i like tried and true sushi taro in dupont east. haven't been to dinner at kaz sushi but lots of people like to say that is better than taro. who knows, could be true. i'm not a big fan of sushi-ko in upper georgetown... i heard it was great when it was a sorta dive hole in the wall next to good guys but now that they've remodeled, i think the place sucks dick. very expensive for what you get (which ain't much), spotty service, and uncomfortable decor/chairs.

i like tako grill in bethesda because they have a wide variety of "izakaya" food, which is basically japan's equivalent of bar food... lots of little grilled stuff in various sauces. you usually don't find izakaya menus outside of california.

there are only two other places i want to try in the dc metro area, both up by your neck of hte woods. first is murasaki on wisconsin in tenleytown... supposedly lots of japanese embassy people eat there. main reason i want to eat there: one of very few places in dc metro taht serve real ramen... not the instant sapporo ichiban stuff, but real ramen.

other place we have already talked about, aji nippon. suppose to have one of the craziest menus ever. i likes me some crazy.

can you tell i like sushi? lol, one of the first websites i ran around 1994-1997 was the chicagoland sushi guide hehe.

hi!!!!!!

I'm back :D

I didn't want to leave Chicago! U2 is there again tonight & Thursday! Damn work! LOL

I had such a great time. Saturday we had seats so we didn't have to wait at the arena all day. We actually got to see Chicago ;) Jenn, could you hear the message okay? I wasn't sure if it would work. They played my fave song - Bad! I was very excited as that has made rare appearances on this tour.

Sunday we saw more of Chicago and went to a Portillos (Ken, did you get my message???) then to a party at the Hard Rock. I had the strongest long island iced tea of my life. It was in a pint glass and I was done. Good thing as I had to be up at 5 am the next morning to get ready and head out to the United Center. We arrived at 6:30ish. There were already 89 people there! Haha. It was a crappy day. It rained periodically. My roomie & I look like marshmellow peeps in our ponchos. Hehe. The sun came out occassionally and I laid out on a tarp on a grassy knoll. It was a LONG 12 hours before they let us in to the arena. I went to clean up around 3:00 pm. Luckily the fans were fair about leaving the line or we would have been funky LOL

There was a near riot when some guy showed up at 6:00 pm and tried to cut in the line.

We went in at 6:30 and we didn't get into the ellipse - random selection through a scanner. But we were on the outside 2 rows back. I got a lot of great pics! When the Edge came out & circled the ellipse I thought my heart might come out of my chest. I :love2: him!

Music was awesome. Good mix on both nights. The 2nd night Bono pulled up a little girl from the audience and he walked her around the catwalk during Into the Heart. He also pulled a girl up on stage later and she borrowed Edge's guitar and they did a rocky version of Party Girl. It was awesome! Right before performing One, Bono gives his little speech about signing the One Campaign (http:www.one.org) and you can do so by texting your name to a number that they put on all the big screens. Well I sent mine and after the song was over they randomly selected some names & scrolled them across the screen. Mine was picked! It was awesome to see my name scroll on the big screen in the arena! I knew my name would be in lights some day! Hehe I got a picture :bowdown:

I have been up since 4:30 and I only got three hours of sleep. I am so tired! I need some redbull!

Can't wait to do it again on Saturday! :D

Jenn, could you hear the message okay? I wasn't sure if it would work.

i got the message and enough came through for me to recognize the song. thanks for thinking of me! :D

btw, do you know of any local ticket brokers? i really want to go to one of the DC shows. :(

i got the message and enough came through for me to recognize the song. thanks for thinking of me! :D

btw, do you know of any local ticket brokers? i really want to go to one of the DC shows. :(

yes I have pics! a ton! i'll post them soon. There is a broker called ETS that doesn't have insane prices - not face value but cheaper than most brokers and I used them last tour. http://www.etstours.com You can get tickets through them.

and you are welcome! It was so amazing to hear that song. I've never heard it live (only on bootlegs!) And it transitioned into Bad, which I mentioned is my favorite! :D