Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

Originally posted by joeygk

I had fun but I honestly was so tired from the night before - I was a bit of a wet blanket. :(

i hope your plan is to take a nap from the time you get off work till the time Vic & I get there. You better be rested boy! :box:

Chris got me all worried last night that the place is going to reach capacity before we get there and joey I'm not really sure I want to take one for the team :laugh:

You can ask Thomar but I thought his set was much more "techy" than actual tronic style "techno" - does that make sense?

yup. a lot of techno dj's when they have a good chunk of time. they usually start with the techy stuff and progressively build it up until they get to point where they are just playing straight up techno and everyone is going wild.

hawtin did this at conference, he started techier for about 45 minutes but each track was just incredibely mixed into the next one that you never really realized he had switched tracks.

I can't believe I'm wrecked @work AGAIN. I'm not nearly as bad as yesterday, but I need to get some sleep sometime soon. :(

So Laurent Garnier is really good my only complaint is that I couldn't stay longer. His set was def building, each track was better than the last and you just got the vibe that by 3am he would have been bangin' it out. (I went home around 1:45)

& damn can that man mix 2 records --- SEAMLESS!!!! His mixing is tight.

You can ask Thomar but I thought his set was much more "techy" than actual tronic style "techno" - does that make sense?

things got pretty crazy after you left. he started playing . . . drum and base! it was pretty surreal. people said they were breaks, but that's b.s. it was pitched down d&b and it was wicked. he even played the old Prodigy track "I'm descending to outer space . . . "

i was really suprised by him and my view of DJing has been shifted in the fact that you can go through lots of styles and get away with it. his set might not have had a "theme" to it, but it sure was good. i left at 2:30, b/c i was getting an aneurysm from the fucking strobe light.

the best thing about garnier is that you never know what he'll play next- that and he seems to really be enjoying himself.

it was a good night out.

vic - my bag is really big LOL I usually just take a backpack up to nyc but i had a little trouble deciding on outfits! plus my shoes are heavy - i have sneaks & shoes for tonight. :tongue:

i'm gonna leave in like ten minutes 'cause i gotta go to the atm. maybe i'll leave now & get some chex mix :tongue: