Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

gk- throw away that box of wheaties. this is what you should be having for breakfast everyday!

Hotel Charges $1,000 for Omelet

Mon May 17,11:56 AM ET Add Strange News - AP to My Yahoo!

NEW YORK - It's not made of gold — just eggs, lobster, caviar and a few trimmings. But an omelet on the menu of a swanky Manhattan hotel will set you back $1,000, plus tip.

"I couldn't believe it was the price when I first saw '1,000' on the menu. I thought it was the calorie count," Virginia Marnell, a customer at Norma's restaurant in Le Parker Meridien hotel on West 57th Street, told the Daily News for Monday editions.

The omelet, which debuted May 5 and is billed as the "Zillion Dollar Frittata," has six eggs, a lobster and — here's the kicker — 10 ounces of sevruga caviar. The restaurant pays $65 an ounce for the caviar, according to Norma's general manager, Steven Pipes.

"Since we knew it was going to be a very expensive dish, we decided to have some fun with it," Pipes told the News. "It's not just a gimmick, though. It tastes good."

Beside the omelet's entry in the menu is the following message: "Norma dares you to expense this."

No one has ordered it yet.

A "budget" version of the omelet, containing only one ounce of caviar, sells for $100.

I read that earlier on CNN---- a whole lobster in an omlette & 10 ounces of caviar -- caviar is alright but a lil' bit goes a long way. That place is on W57th right down the street from me......even if I had a billion dollars I would never spend 1000 dollars on breakfast for myself. There is splurging and then there is being a jackass. Might as well name your kid apple martini & call it a day!

i overslept this morning and now have to go to the gym in the afternoon.

btw, WB came out with a show that is a parody of American Idol, they get rid of the good singers and let the real bad ones through to next round. i was seriously laughing as i was watching it last night.

so since i'm moving at the end of the month i wanted to get rid of a couple of desks that i have and thought donating them would be a good idea. they are in prefect condition and all. i call VOA and they tell me that they would only take the desks if I took them to their facility since they dont pick up from my area, even though the nearest VOA office is 3 miles away. wtf?

I'm obsessed w/ POM - bottled pomegranite juice - it's sooo tastey & looksy:

A glass of pomegranate juice has more antioxidants than do red wine, green tea, cranberry juice and orange juice. According to a study reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, people who drank just 2 oz. a day for a week showed an average increase of 9% in antioxidant activity. And in a study presented at an American Association for Cancer Research conference last month, researchers found that pomegranate extract may help fight skin cancer

too bad it costs like $4 dollars for 15oz --- it's really yummy, but that's a lot of money for a bottle of juice.

I'm obsessed w/ POM - bottled pomegranite juice - it's sooo tastey & looksy:

A glass of pomegranate juice has more antioxidants than do red wine, green tea, cranberry juice and orange juice. According to a study reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, people who drank just 2 oz. a day for a week showed an average increase of 9% in antioxidant activity. And in a study presented at an American Association for Cancer Research conference last month, researchers found that pomegranate extract may help fight skin cancer

too bad it costs like $4 dollars for 15oz --- it's really yummy, but that's a lot of money for a bottle of juice.

sounds yummy! i'll have to see if i can find some in dc. i need some anti-oxdidanants or whatever. :P

be carefull and do not spill the juice over your clothes, especially pommegranite juice, it's worse than dark grape juice to take the stains out of you clothes.

my father's family used to have a few pommegranite trees in their house back home. every summer they would a truck load of the things and we just ate them until we got stuffed, but by the end of the summer half of our clothes were full of red stains that were nearly impossible to get out.

sounds yummy! i'll have to see if i can find some in dc. i need some anti-oxdidanants or whatever. :P

gtown dean and delucas has it. i can't imagine that elite 14th st whole foods not having any.

So I was watching Will&Grace last night and I nearly died. You know how the club term for crystal meth is "Tina" --- well last night they'd tried to fix up their friend "Tina" on a date w/ their friend "Larry!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*it takes a true crackhead to appreciate that one. :D <<<I don't get it>>> ;)