Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

shit. i just wrote a long review and it got erased. fucking piece of shit CP bd!

Highlights:

1. GK- the G35 is the Nissan Z, but nicer

2. yes, the G is nice, good tranny, gear box, runs smoothly, not much interior room, seats fold in the back, but not too great for driving in the snow, decent gas mileage, good horsepower, and it's japanese = not too many problems (but the finishing is a bit cheap)

-get the premium package as an option- has everything you want and a bit more!

3. X5- still drives like a truck, but not as bad as others, costs more, BMW will option you to death and drive the price (which starts way higher anyway), and it is pretty slow- unless you get into the 4.4 liter or 4.8 and then you might as well get something else.

let me know if you have anymore specific Qs

i would prolly buy the x5 used... i dont like to lease or anything like that...

"The Hilton Project"

NBC OPEN CASTING CALL FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING A SHOT AT THE HIGH LIFE FOR NBC UNSCRIPTED DRAMA IS ANNOUNCED.

WIN HUGE CASH AND PRIZES

MEET KATHY HILTON AT THE CASTING CALL

CASTING CALL

SATURDAY, JUNE 12TH AT- TAVERN ON THE GREEN.

9AM - 5PM

KATHY HILTON Searches For Candidates To Star In New

Unscripted Series

BURBANK - May 25, 2004 - Kathy Hilton, mother of Paris and Nicky and matriarch of one of the most celebrated and successful families in America, is conducting a search for candidates to be taken under her wing and given access to high society for a new unscripted NBC drama.

Hilton, whose family created the famed Hilton Hotel empire, is looking for 14 deserving men and women to take part in an unscripted television series for NBC. Hilton will use her social status, celebrity connections, knowledge and experience to help transform the lives of the worthy contestants by exposing them to the glamorous lifestyle of the rich, famous and powerful. After a series of competitions, Hilton will choose a winner who will receive an extravagant prize package including a residence at one of New York City's most exclusive addresses, a new high profile job and most importantly, connections with some of the world's most influential people.

NEW YORK LOCATION

Tavern on the Green

SATURDAY, JUNE 12TH

9-5PM

BRING PICTURES TO OPEN CALL

het boys and girls, i need you help here.

so the vicman went on a blind date last night & is pretty certain that it went well. what is the protocol to get back in contact with the girl in question to tell her that you wanna see her again?

what i've learned is that if you want to call someone just call them -- most people really appreciate the attention --- just don't turn into "psycho wannabe-new boyfriend" and call 3 times at lunch and four times tonight. Call her & tell her you were thinking about her and had a great time. Keep in quick & breezy, and try not to say/talk to much. If you're like me - I tend to say stupid things on the phone - especially when you first meet somebody. Also, if she doesn't pick up leave a quick message and get out. Don't hang up, and then call back, hang up, call back, leave a message ---- looks real bad ----- caller ID has so ruined phone stalking. :rolleyes:

can anyone relate to this: you know you're broke & have no money, but every now and then actually logg on to your checking account and see the numbers in front of you and think: "damn, I'm broke!"

uh . . . yeah. as long as you don't see numbers in red.

can anyone relate to this: you know you're broke & have no money, but every now and then actually logg on to your checking account and see the numbers in front of you and think: "damn, I'm broke!"

yeah i know someone - ME!

Ex-Midnight Oil Singer Runs for Office

By JAMIE TARABAY, Associated Press Writer

SYDNEY, Australia - The former lead singer of the Australian rock band Midnight Oil announced Thursday that he will run for parliament with the opposition Labour Party — and party leaders said he could even become a government minister someday.

Peter Garrett (news), a committed environmental activist with a distinctive bald pate, had long used Midnight Oil as a forum for his political views. The band broke up in 2002 after 25 years.

"Politics is an imperfect game, we all know that," Garrett said. "We see it on television stations every night; and yet it's the best game we have for making the country work better."

Labour had asked Garrett to run, and he'll try for a seat from a Sydney district that is a Labour stronghold. Party leader Mark Latham said he expected his star recruit to become a senior minister someday.

"He's got a big contribution to make and of course we want that contribution to be made in the most appropriate capacity," Latham said. "I'd be surprised that if sometime in the future Peter wasn't a front line minister in a Labour government."

Midnight Oil scored a major international hit with its 1986 protest song about Aboriginal land rights, "Beds Are Burning." The band played the tune at the closing ceremony of the 2000 Sydney Olympics (news - web sites).

Garrett has been involved in campaigns against genetic engineering, coastal development and the nuclear industry. In the early 1980s, he was narrowly defeated in a bid for a seat in parliament's upper house on a nuclear disarmament ticket.

Earlier Thursday, several Australian newspapers reported that Garrett had not voted in the last 10 years — a period that included three federal elections and a referendum on whether Australia should become a republic.

Garrett did not specifically address the reports but said he had voted in the past. Voting is mandatory in Australia; failing to do so is punishable by a fine.

"I have voted in previous elections, I have voted in referenda, I have even voted when I was overseas," he said.

Prime Minister John Howard, of the ruling Liberal Party, said the report cast doubt on Garrett's credibility.

"All I can say is that if somebody hasn't voted on the last three occasions and had an opportunity to do so, they can't be very passionate about the future of this country, can they?" Howard told Perth's Radio 6PR.

Howard, who said Wednesday he is a Midnight Oil fan, has yet to announce a date for the next parliamentary elections. A poll is expected before the U.S. presidential elections in November.

In addition to his singing career, Garrett has been president of the Australian Conservation Foundation. He also has served on the international board of environmental group Greenpeace.

red numbers - argh! :cry:

so in this weeks Time Out there is a section on where in the city to catch "euro soccer fever" --- surprisingly a lot of places.

thomar will probably be painting his face in support of his favorite team and rioting around chinatown if his team wins!

yeah, that's what happend to me --- I got paid last night (direct deposit) but two outstanding checks cleared this morning --- I knew the money was gonna come out and some point but I prefer the pool to be drained out slowly -------> it's a tuna & ramen kinda weekend.

red numbers - argh! :cry:

so in this weeks Time Out there is a section on where in the city to catch "euro soccer fever" --- surprisingly a lot of places.

there is a place close to where i live! games are at 12 and 2:45 each day starting on saturday!