Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

So, even though I don't remember this --- Randy just informed me that I was going at it w/ a 21 year old on the dance floor --- waz up public display of affection --- i'm so embarassed right now I want to die.

VIC i sent you a text: "crobar is off the hook" --- i sent it to somebody, maybe Gina.

So, even though I don't remember this --- Randy just informed me that I was going at it w/ a 21 year old on the dance floor --- waz up public display of affection --- i'm so embarassed right now I want to die.

VIC i sent you a text: "crobar is off the hook" --- i sent it to somebody, maybe Gina.

i didn't get any text message. :boohoo:

anyways ~~~~> next time we go up to NY, we're getting you wasted! :pint:

check your sent messages! there is something going on with my texting. I've had a few people tell me they've sent me messages in the last few days and i haven't gotten them and 90% of the ones that Andreas sent me when he was in Ibiza came 2 days late! :shaky:

I had a few margaritas last night. Didn't get too crazy. I feel MUCH better this Friday morning than I did last Friday morning! :laugh: I'm ready to RAWK! :bounce:

i'm ready to GO TO BED! :zzz:

i think a power nap is in order. i wish it was nice outside so i could sleep in the park on my lunch break. :(

gk, i think this is where you were last night:

DISGRACELAND THURSDAYS

hosted by Larry Tee & GBH

Thursday July 29th >>

Prop Room:

IFM Model Management Annual Summer Party

Rockstar Richard's Birthday Bash

music by Larry Tee & Lee Kalt

Reed Room:

DJ John John

OPEN BAR 11:00pm-midnight

so maybe it was Larry Tee in the main room at Crobar?

Sharapova-Myskina: No love lost

Story Tools: Print Email

Matthew Cronin / tennisreporters.net

Posted: 1 hour ago

CARLSBAD, Calif. - The so-called real Russian will play the so-called Russian-American in the quarterfinals of $1.3 million Acura Classic on Friday and a tremendous amount of pride is on the line.

French Open champion Anastasia Myskina has never lost to Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova on the court and seemingly is winning the battle for the hearts and minds of other Russian players.

The brunette Myskina is the acknowledged leader of the deep Russian squad in the locker room, while the blonde Sharapova, to some, is little more than interloper when it comes to things Russian.

French Open finalist Elena Dementieva said last week that Sharapova is "not really Russian" and on Thursday, the Moscow-born and -bred Myskina said Sharapova's "mentality is American" and that she doesn't think Sharapova "has ever to been (back) to Russia."

Those comments didn't set well with the ferociously competitive teenager, who didn't exactly call for a Lear jet to take her from Sochi to Florida when she was seven. Sharapova's ambitious father, Yuri, sat with her in coach class and, upon landing, took a public bus to the Bollettieri Academy so she could receive proper training.

"We've had totally different ways of growing up and developing our careers," Sharapova snarled. "Even though I train in America, I'm still Russian. That's where I come from. No one going is going to tell me where I'm from because I know here I'm from. Just because I made the decision to develop my tennis somewhere else — I think I made the right decision."

With all that said, Myskina said she would welcome Sharapova on the Russian Fed Cup team and that Maria speaks Russian "pretty well" for someone who has spent 10 off her 17 years in the U.S.

"Maria has lived in the United States and she's more comfortable in English than she is in Russian," Myskina said. "But if she wants to play Fed Cup next year, why not? We want to have all the good players, because it's easier to win matches."

Sharapova was bred on MTV and has had more media-training than her compatriot, Anna Kournikova, ever had at this age. She rarely has a rough moment. But under an intense spotlight and being questioned about her true nationality, Sharapova grew angry and went after questions with same verve that she returns second serves.

You can criticize Kournikova all you like for at times being disingenuous with her tennis intentions, but she always said that she loved living in the U.S., even though her blood ran Russian red. Sharapova said that being in the U.S. is only a career decision.

"I don't feel American at all," she said. "I feel this is part of my job. I don't know where I would be living. I came to the United States because of my tennis. Maybe I would still be in Russia or maybe I would have wanted to live someone else. I moved here because of my tennis, not for anything else."

Sharapova — who takes both American and Russian correspondence courses — did say that she's quite comfortable in U.S. culture and would be equally comfortable in Russia. She's also willing to play for Russia if they ask her. But will they have her?

Like Myskina, Sharapova wants to dominate the U.S. Open hard-court season. Myskina wants it badly because she wants to show the world that her tremendous run to the Roland Garros title was no fluke. Because of her relatively low profile, many already have forgotten that the 23-year-old Myskina took down Venus Williams, Jennifer Capriati and Dementieva en route to the crown.

"I really want to win right now, because I want to prove that the French Open was not only one tournament I was playing good," Myskina said. "I am No. 1 in Russian, and I want to be No. 1 in the world. That's motivation for me to win the match."

After chopping down Lindsay Davenport and Serena Williams to win Wimbledon, few doubt Sharapova's potential, but the Russian crew still thinks Myskina has the edge. Svetlana Kuznetsova says that Myskina is still the smarter player and more creative on hard courts. Vera Zvonareva (who, by the way, does think that Sharapova is a "real" Russian) says Myskina's experience could be the deciding factor. However, she cautions that Sharapova's Wimbledon victory should not be seen as surprising.

"She's going up and up and up," Zvonareva said.

Friday's winner will be determined by who handles the pressure better and whether Myskina — who owns a 2-0 record against Sharapova by virtue of a three-set win at the '04 Aussie Open and a 6-2, 6-1 wipeout at Indian Wells in March — can move the gangly teen around again.

It's going to be really tough against Maria because now she's playing much better than when we played last time," Myskina said. "She's improved a lot, like her serve and ground strokes. I might have to try to do something else."

Sharapova says that Myskina's movement, patience and ability to "trick when you think you have the point" is what sets her apart. She says that Indian Wells was merely a terrible day, and with the experience she gained the last few months, she should be a much greater force on Friday.

Even though Sharapova easily could be mistaken for a South Florida beach girl, when it comes to discussing her athletic prospects, her eyes become as dark and full of lightning as any Russian athlete's. She's ready to say "Nyet" to Myskina.

It's a very big challenge," Sharapova said. "I haven't beaten her yet and I like those kind of challenges."