Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

Iron DJ Competition & Film Screening FREE PARTY

Thu Jul 10th : Doors @ 8 pm

General Admission: FREE

Reduced:

irondjcompetition@yahoo.com

IRON DJ: SERVING UP THE FRESHEST BEATS

Thursday, July 10, 2003 @ Opaline (85 Ave. A b/w 5th & 6th St.)

Doors @ 8 pm

Open Tiger Beer Bar 8-9 pm

Screening and Battle begin at 9 pm

Free giveaways from BPM Magazine & Global Underground

Brought to you by: Tiger Beer & Third Earth Productions

FREE PARTY! BRING ALL YOUR FRIENDS!

THE PREMISE:

Loosely based on the FoodTV cult favorite Iron Chef, this revolutionary competition will begin with a screening of a new Indie film Iron DJ, which features DJs Madame Buddafly and Powder, and Nigel Richards as DJ Iceberg. This first episode features the acclaimed Tito Puente Techno Battle, pitting two seasoned techno DJs against each other to see whose technique is the most unique.

THE BATTLE:

You, the audience, will witness a spectacular display of spontaneous turntable tactics and musical ingenuity, paired with fast-paced commentary, irreverent observations, and bizarre comedy. After the night’s Grandmaster unveils the surprise theme record, the two DJs will have 30 minutes to prepare and practice a mix incorporating said theme. They will then perform their mixes live for the judging panel and the crowd. The winner will be chosen based on technical skills, creativity, and the ability to incorporate the theme in the mix. A cash prize of $300 will be awarded to the reigning IRON DJ!

THE DJs:

Iron DJ Techno: redboy Local superhero who opened for Lords of Acid, his styles range anywhere from techno to downtempo, electro, retro, breaks and house. Check him out at www.redboy.com

Iron DJ House: DJ Patricia Starr Hailing from Poland, this delectable diva is not only a world-renowned DJ, she’s also an established producer, remixer, recording engineer, and all around goddess. Check her out at www.djpatriciastarr.com

Iron DJ Hip Hop: Fat Fingaz Straight up from Queens, 1997 saw him placing 3rd in his first DJ battle while he was still in high school! The next year he was crowned R. Method CHAMPION. A true veteran of DJ Battles and serious contender, check him out at www.getfatshow.com

THE CHALLENGER: Joshua Gabriel Multi-talented as a DJ, musician, percussionist, recording artist, and visual artist, surely he has more than one trick up his sleeve…Check him out at www.joshuagabriel.com

THE JUDGES:

Tommy Too Smoov (Def Comedy Jam, BET Comic View)

Diane Cheadle (Blue Chip Records, By Assn. Inc.)

Kuttin Kandi (5th Platoon, Anomalies)

Sophia (Philosophi Recordings)

HOSTED BY: Ben Morrison (E! Channel, NYC stand-up comedian)

FLOOR REPORTER: Jeremy Halsell

Stick around after the battle and get yer groove on with the Special Guest DJs.

http://www.geocities.com/deviatefro...onDJ2/index.htm

http://www.tigerbeerusa.com/images/tigersmall.jpg

Opaline

85 Ave. A @ 5th Street

6 Train to Astor Place

has anyone seen the new flyer for Filter's b-day bash - I love the disclaimer at the bottom:

If anyone can bring Ashton & Demi to the club, then

drinks will be free for everyone for an hour. Really.

Drinks will be free for the whole club. Get just one

of them to visit and we'll do half an hour. And no celebrity look-alikes.

Originally posted by joeygk

has anyone seen the new flyer for Filter's b-day bash - I love the disclaimer at the bottom:

filter-3year.jpg

tony humphries is there

LOL thats pretty out of control:eek:

Originally posted by vicman

CP was down all day. I couldn't access it all day from the office. Might be a ploy by upper management in an attempt to make me more productive, but its written in my contract: CP POSTING WILL BE ALLOWED ON REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS.

:laugh: i thought i was the only one who had this in their contract...

i will be the top poster in CP! that is my goal. i hate being second fiddle to dgmodel. :mad:

club cheetah :eek:

there will be no incriminating evidence of our visit to club cheetah.

youll always be first string in my book ~!

Ponder this:

So why the hell does NYC suck on the weekends? I'm serious. Friday & Saturday night parties are usually alright, but I always have the best time when I go out during the work week. Sunday nights at Souk are f-ing off the hookedy-hook. Thursday nights at Subliminal Sessions is always bangin. Last night I went to Cielo for Francios K's "deepspace" party - music was groovin', crazy/sexy/cool people all up in the place - in short the party was straight up stupid sick.

WTF? - why can't they throw these parties on the weekend?

its only worth while to go out during the week... avoid the riffraff and bs b&t crowd... totally different vibe and totally different parties... off topic but related to i was pissed when wild on did nyc and they had wack ass places let alone wack times... wtf~!? why not hit up some of the weekday parties and some "real" hotspots...

Originally posted by dgmodel

its only worth while to go out during the week... avoid the riffraff and bs b&t crowd... totally different vibe and totally different parties... off topic but related to i was pissed when wild on did nyc and they had wack ass places let alone wack times... wtf~!? why not hit up some of the weekday parties and some "real" hotspots...

yeah i always notice when i'm up there during the week, the parties seem crazier and better....

:D

Originally posted by dgmodel

and i have no idea how ive been missing out on this...wtf~!

longest thread outside the "bump and ..." forum i believe

what can you say? it takes tough, ardouos work, might be messy at times...chaotic, shit hitting the fan, but we get it done. icon14.gif

is there a story behind this? :shaky::confused:

Way back in the day (I'm talking 2001 when the GK man was doing the South Beach thang) DG was giving me sh*t b/c I'm 'high style all the way' - so I had to beat him down w/ my Prada loafer! :shades2:

Way back in the day (I'm talking 2001 when the GK man was doing the South Beach thang) DG was giving me sh*t b/c I'm 'high style all the way' - so I had to beat him down w/ my Prada loafer! :shades2:

no shit. all of your wife beaters are DG, Armani or Hugo Boss.

gk is the definition of style. his pic is included next to the word in webster's dictionary. icon21.gif

longest thread outside the "bump and ..." forum i believe

what can you say? it takes tough, ardouos work, might be messy at times...chaotic, shit hitting the fan, but we get it done. icon14.gif

glad to be apart of it...