Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

Originally posted by joeygk

What the Fokk --- Thomar opened up for Sean Cusick this weekend and we don't even get a lil' friggin mini review! Hook a brother up..........

and Vicman how was superchumbo?

i didnt even knew thomar was semi-serious about dj'ing...hell i didnt even knew he dj'ed. :confused:

superchumbo wuz good.

had a great time, first time ever i was in shampoo, kinda sorta remided me a bit of maze, with stairways going everywhere. nice place, they have an outside patio...well more like parking lot, but they put a tent over the area and bar and jacuzzi (wtf?!) out there.

anyway, it pretty darn good. i suck at trainspotting and i was pretty darn messed up, so i wont go there, funny thing place pretty much emptied out aaround 2:30 or so and he was gonna be behind until 4 or 5 at least when the place closed down.

one thing i did notice is that he mixed w/o headphones.

Originally posted by vicman

one thing i did notice is that he mixed w/o headphones.

I noticed that too - apparently he does that alot when he throws down tracks on his laptop --------- hmmmmmmmm???

Thomar and his semi-professional dj career >>>>>>>

yeah he's been dj'ing for awhile now, but it's really been in the last year that he's really stepped up & fine tuned his mixing and trackselection. I've only heard him dj twice (b/c i'm a bad friend) but he's definately come along way from some of his early mix tapes (and yes they are still in my possession). He even scored a gig in Sydney - have no idea who he had to sleep w/ to get that gig!!!! :laugh::tongue::D

I noticed that too - apparently he does that alot when he throws down tracks on his laptop --------- hmmmmmmmm???

Thomar and his semi-professional dj career >>>>>>>

yeah he's been dj'ing for awhile now, but it's really been in the last year that he's really stepped up & fine tuned his mixing and trackselection. I've only heard him dj twice (b/c i'm a bad friend) but he's definately come along way from some of his early mix tapes (and yes they are still in my possession). He even scored a gig in Sydney - have no idea who he had to sleep w/ to get that gig!!!! :laugh::tongue::D

see i didnt see the lap top. the dj booth is up high in that place so you cant really see what the dj is doing.

he was passing around 8-tracks of his mixes at one point?

what is he doing in that pic? and why is he wearing FUBU gear to his gigs? :confused:

I know right......it looks like he's trying to grab a pickle out of a jar! I think that shirt is Phat Farm not FUBU ;) but it's a friggin' tent either way - maybe he'll grow into it! :confused::D

I know right......it looks like he's trying to grab a pickle out of a jar! I think that shirt is Phat Farm not FUBU ;) but it's a friggin' tent either way - maybe he'll grow into it! :confused::D

he's probably wearing a pair of timberlands and UFO's in that pic but he had the gentle people of headrush music edit that part out from the pic.

good question - i betta get a postcard or somethin' -

he prolly post-partied to hard after sean cusick and missed all his flights and is not posting all this week to make us think that he's actually in australia.

he prolly post-partied to hard after sean cusick and missed all his flights and is not posting all this week to make us think that he's actually in australia.

It wouldn't be the first time...........once when he was in London trying to get to the years biggest Fairy Trance festival >>>> Gatecrasher and ended up @ a Bon Jovi concert in Bristol! He resurfaced a few days later w/ a long hair and a 'Living on a Prayer' t-shirt.

From Popbitch:

>> The past days of disco <<

It's official: New York is no fun

To see how completely New York has destroyed

its nightlife, check out the club that has

sprung up on the site of the original

Sound Factory & legendary Twilo. Called Spirit, the new venue

boasts "a vegetarian restaurant and wellness

centre". The owners hope "it will be free of

the nightmarish drug abuse that can take

hold in clubs".

(FYI: If nightmarish drug abuse still sounds good to

you try Happy Fives. A Chinese medicine, you put the

pill under your tongue until it dissolves, resulting

in an MDMA-style high that lasts about an hour.)

So have you heard about this film "party monster" ----- the guy from 'that 70's show' is supposed to be DJ Keoki??? :confused:

tell me this isnt true. is there really a movie on dj keoki? as a welcome to dc type of thingy, i'll take festoon to see that movie. . . of course she might not talk to me ever again after sitting through a film like that. :(

Vicky - did you hear about the Scumfrog boat party immediately following Burridge next weekend!!!!!!!!!

Scumfrog saves the day. :D

arent you gonna be in cleveland next weekend? fundage is low..very low, not very likely that i will be in attendance. :(