Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Luis Diaz at crobar last night.

pod

Great set smile.gif.I was photographing him and even got to chat with him early in the night...though when some guy got on the mic and said 'Luis Diaz Motherfuckers!!!' was kinda cheesy. But it was his 10th anniversary of DJing or something, so I guess his friend wanted to say so...

I have the Rane with Eq at my club and that isn't it. It may be a Rane Mixer, but more than likely it a Steve Dash System and the mixer is a revamped Urei 1620 and those eqs and crossovers with the yellow knobs are a Steve Dash trademark.

Urei 1620 mixer overhauled by Phazon.

The sound system was in good form that night, Luis doesn't drive it hard at all.

Track selections ranged from the popular (Lady remix) to the club-popular ('I have a dream' song), to more obscure tracks...he put down 'All Exhale' later at night...his set went from 11:30 till 5. crobar opened late due to a fashion show earlier, which i was covering also.

Yeah, I loved the set that Luis played at Crobar, it was the best I've seen the club in a long time. I was chilling by the DJ booth the whole night and had a chance to talk to him on and off. The good thing now is that Luis has a new monthly residency going on at Crobar so we will be seeing him alot more often now. In addition he will play down here for the WMC. Crobar had an excellent vibe that night and was fucking rocking when Luis threw Saints and Sinners, it was racous. Oh, and the person that was screaming on the mic could pretty much do whatever he wants, it was Carmel Ophir, his friend and promoter here in Miami, they've known each other for sometime and they both spun at Groove Jet ...

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

"It's what you do, when you do it and how you do it" -- "Don't let people bring you down, just shrug it off and dick slap them"

By the way the mixer is a Steve Dash revamped Urei mixer. Fucking Awesome if you ask me.....

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

"It's what you do, when you do it and how you do it" -- "Don't let people bring you down, just shrug it off and dick slap them"

wuz up Pod, no I wasn't the one with the glow sticks however I did see who your talking about, I had a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

NoLimit, yup, it was Bedrock's Pushin Too Hard, the place lit up like a match, excellent vibe ... but yeah, I do know what track your talking about and it is an excellent remix as well

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Archived