Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Garnier tour cancelled

diegonyc

From www.laurentgarnier.com

Important information

14th April 2003:

This morning the courrier van transporting my passport and visa back to my office was stolen and set fire too (this is almost unheard of in Paris).

I am therefore extremely disappointed as this results in me not being able to travel to the US to play in Atlanta, New York and Chicago this weekend.

I was really looking forward to these gigs and can only say how sorry I am that I am not going to be able to be there. I hope to be back again very soon.

Laurent Garnier

Guest saleen351

ummm, doesn't the avg person keep their visa and passport in their house, you know where they live and get out of bed every morning?????????????

seems odd.. maybe the frenchmen couldn't pack the club...:idea:

Originally posted by saleen351

ummm, doesn't the avg person keep their visa and passport in their house, you know where they live and get out of bed every morning?????????????

yeah that's what it is u clueless bastard...

since I had promoted our event on this forum:

Allow me to state that nothing pains me more than what I am going to say. Unfortunately shit happens but we have confirmed a makeup date.

the Laurent Garnier show for this Thurs has been cancelled.

Within the past hour I have learned that over the weekend in Paris a shipping company by the name of "Chronopost" (the equivalent to FEDEX) had approximately 6 trucks broken into and the contents stolen and trucks burned. Among the many items taken includes the passport of one "Laurent Garnier" which was currently in route from (I believe) the American Embassy. (you can read his statement at www.laurentgarnier.com)

Unfortunately without a passport, it is impossible to travel overseas to America on such short notice (3 days). All 3 US dates: Atlanta, Chicago, New York have been canceled for their April weekend dates and postponed until early June.

There will be a press release later today, which I will post, however did want to get the world out ASAP since there is such a large response from outside the area traveling to Atlanta.

The Crescent Room will be open that night HOWEVER hosting Greg Adamson who was to tear shit up before Laurent Garnier, so if you can make it out, come enjoy his sounds as there will be FREE entry all night and ridiculously low drink prices.

Also as a concession, we will also be making our Saturday night event with Hernan Cattaneo (4.19) for FREE as well and keeping our Friday night event with Aphrodite (4.18) FREE as well. (both of those shows are at the Crescent Room - venue details below)

We have already been given a make up date of Thursday June 5 which we have just confirmed.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email me at pleazure@pleazure.net

The Crescent Room can be found 1136 Crescent Avenue in Midtown Atlanta

for more info please call 404-875-5252

visit us at www.crescentroom.com or www.umix.net

We now feature NEXO sound - with more on the way - your favorite draft beers at $3 all the time and pool in the back so come on out and make The Crescent Room your favorite little place to go for good music and good vibes!

Fri April 18 - APHRODITE for F R E E @ Crescent Room (www.pleazure.net)

Sat April 19 - HERNAN CATTANEO for F R E E @ Crescent Room

Fri May 16 - F R E A K S *LIVE* @ Crescent Room

Thurs June 5 - MAKEUP for the man -- LAURENT GARNIER

Sat June 13 - DJ Heather @ Crescent Room

funny, I rarely visit this board unless promoting an event that most educated people would be interested in, yet your comments cease to amaze me.

aren't you the one who claims to love techno but doggs out Garnier? that pretty much sums that up.

and yes, the average person does keep his passport in their house, but Laurent Garnier isn't quite the average person being that he travels around the world and makes more money than most of us could imagine. But even techno superstars have to get their passports validated through embassies for work visas as such was this case. Currently advancements in technology has hindered the passport from magically arriving at his doorstep without the use of the modern day courier.

Originally posted by stryke303

what can i do to help?

same here .. i would love to see mr garnier space34/maze on a friday? :)

with some proper promotion I think it just may work .. whoever does it needs to promote the fuck out of it and get some people down there to get totally blown away .. yes that includes you saleen. :)

the man with the red face , flashback , astral dreams , greed , dangerous drives ... that should give you something to start with saleen. :)

Originally posted by rcrespo

same here .. i would love to see mr garnier space34/maze on a friday? :)

with some proper promotion I think it just may work .. whoever does it needs to promote the fuck out of it and get some people down there to get totally blown away .. yes that includes you saleen. :)

the man with the red face , flashback , astral dreams , greed , dangerous drives ... that should give you something to start with saleen. :)

ramon, it's a waste of time.. it's over saleen's head, really, it is.

that is all.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pleazure

funny, I rarely visit this board unless promoting an event that most educated people would be interested in, yet your comments cease to amaze me.

aren't you the one who claims to love techno but doggs out Garnier? that pretty much sums that up.

and yes, the average person does keep his passport in their house, but Laurent Garnier isn't quite the average person being that he travels around the world and makes more money than most of us could imagine. But even techno superstars have to get their passports validated through embassies for work visas as such was this case. Currently advancements in technology has hindered the passport from magically arriving at his doorstep without the use of the modern day courier.

so out of the 1000's of trucks in france, his gets stolen and burned, and for some odd reason, this guy who you equate to Michael Jackson, had his passport somewhere else, yet he travels so frequently, it has to make you wonder..... If i travel so much, i'd HAVE MY PASSPORT WITH ME LIKE A NORMAL AVG PERSON WOULD, BUT SINCE HES A DJ, HE KEEPS IT AT ANOTHER LOCATION... YEA RIGHT........

I like tech and techo and some of their djs, but that means I should like all of them, epspecially the one from france? Sorry, tech is awesome, but its not for a couple more years till it's on par with tribal and house..

By the way, odd timming since the american public is not too fond of anything french at this time.

And do I care how much money he makes? Odds would have it, most (80%) of all djs will die broke and out of work... The scene is gone and even the top trance guys can't pack them in... Maybe you guys did this on purpose since it is really bad timming? You club folk don't have the best reps... Same goes for that marco v bullshit space pulled on us.. That was sketchy as hell.

And for the education comment, I hold a BS in qualitative economics, hence why I think you made the story up, since you were gonna loose your ass in the deal...:idea: I have a huge crew that lives in Atlanta.. The scene is no better there than NYC or Miami... They are all nyc and nj heads, well versed in clubs and djs, and they all had ZERO IDEA THE DUDE WAS COMMING, OR GAVE A FUCK.....

Who steals a van, then burns it????? PS i come from the car thieft capital of the US. They don't burn shit, they take what they can or chop it up..

To quote arsenio hall, this story makes you say hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

go ahead, book this guy in any club in south florida, 30 people will show up, and maybe 1% of the ones on this thread will actually show up. They are all message board supporters...

i can guarantee that jennifer is not lying (you can even go to the laurent garnier site to see the press release for yourself). i'm not one to fight (i'm a lover, not a fighter...), but i have to come to both laurent's and jennifer's aid on this one.

1) laurent has been around for a long long long time. he's a consumate professional and loves playing in the states. he doesn't care about "being french." he's a DJ and musician before anything else. he truly cares about the music he plays. if anything, laurent coming to the states would play out as if he were some kind of musical ambassador or something. not to mention the fact that he owns and runs F-Communications...one of the longest and widely respected techno/electronic labels. If you ever have heard Laruent, you'll know that his style of "techno" is much broader than you may think. Everything from detroit techno to deep, soulful house to electro and banging jacking techno...and it works well together. yeah, maybe 80% of us DJs will die broke and out of work, but that's not always the point....

2) jennifer/pleazure productions has a long running history in atlanta. i've been to a ton of her parties and know that she takes care of her community. i've watched her handle situations when DJs cancelled on her. She's always been good to her following. She's thrown free makeup parties (which came out of her own pocket). i'll always support her and what she stands for...good music...good parties...good times...good people...period.... we need more of that right now.

all i'm trying to say is forget all this nonsense of who knows more than who. this entire clubplanet board is nothing but a fucking high school. it's a joke! i exist to make and play music, not to waste my time on this board trying to battle a he said/she said ordeal, while i wait for my sequencer update to load! let's all just please get along and enough with all the negative bullshit already!!

P A Z!!!!!!!

Stryke

Saleen,

There is more to this world than NJ/NYC .. Good music is played around the world is a fucking universal medium .. how else can you have clubs in places where no one speaks english yet they will understand you through your music. Garnier is one of the most fuckin talented dj's in this industry .. He's played everything house to techno to hip hop to dnb in his sets if that isn't diverse I don't know what is .. oh yeah he makes it all work .. go check out his website check out one of his sets and then judge.

About the techno thing not being on the same par as house and trance , I find that to be completely unblievable .. it just needs a chance and some proper promotion I'm sure if we got a consistent dose of techno it would work here but when was the last time we had a techno party? FUCKING WMC its the middle of fucking april .. thats why its not apparent.

The scene in Atlanta is very good atm .. they had Sasha roadtest his records before he came down to Miami and I heard he played one of the best sets some of my friends up there have ever heard. There's a very strong list of producers up there and a group of people dedicated to this.

Go ahead and book this guy give it the promotion that it needs and watch people drive and fly down for it bitch. If you noticed there were several people from here who were going to drive 10 hours to see this guy he can't be all that bad can he?

music is the basis of all reality.

</rant>

so out of the 1000's of trucks in france, his gets stolen and burned, and for some odd reason, this guy who you equate to Michael Jackson, had his passport somewhere else, yet he travels so frequently, it has to make you wonder..... If i travel so much, i'd HAVE MY PASSPORT WITH ME LIKE A NORMAL AVG PERSON WOULD, BUT SINCE HES A DJ, HE KEEPS IT AT ANOTHER LOCATION... YEA RIGHT........

Ok, let me slow down so even someone like YOU can understand it. Yes, most people keep their passports in their home, I know I do. But most people do not have the need to apply for approval from different countries for Work Visas. When you apply for a Work Visa it is a several week process for approval for the paperwork you submitted. Upon approved you can either travel to the (in this case) American embassy and hang out for hours to get your visa stamped or you can courier your passport to the Embassy and then have it couriered back so you don't waste an entire day on this. It is a very inconvenient process and I remember when I handled LTJ Bukem's tours it always became a factor every year

By the way, odd timming since the american public is not too fond of anything french at this time.

You are right, it is a conspiracy and you uncovered it. You are a brilliant one you are!

And do I care how much money he makes? Odds would have it, most (80%) of all djs will die broke and out of work... The scene is gone and even the top trance guys can't pack them in... Maybe you guys did this on purpose since it is really bad timming? You club folk don't have the best reps... Same goes for that marco v bullshit space pulled on us.. That was sketchy as hell.

First of all, you don't know me and by insinuating that all people in the music business can be lumped in together is a very ignorant comment and again solidifies the opinion I have already made of you. I don't need to list my resume for someone who's idea of "making a difference" in the local scene is to spend their days online bashing things you don't even know about.

Secondly, Laurent Garnier was booked in a club that held 360 people and I feel confident that there are that many people that were interested in seeing him. I expanded my promotion because I know there are people, like myself, who are willing to travel to see a DJ such as this. I didn't last as a promoter for 7 years not knowing my own market.

And for the education comment, I hold a BS in qualitative economics, hence why I think you made the story up, since you were gonna loose your ass in the deal...:idea: I have a huge crew that lives in Atlanta.. The scene is no better there than NYC or Miami... They are all nyc and nj heads, well versed in clubs and djs, and they all had ZERO IDEA THE DUDE WAS COMMING, OR GAVE A FUCK.....

Hooray for you and your bullshit degree, I am not impressed, although I could be if you bothered to run a spellchecker on the paragraph that you bragged about your intelligence and education.

As for your "huge crew in Atlanta", obviously there are about as informed as you hence the fact they are clueless.

Who steals a van, then burns it????? PS i come from the car thieft capital of the US. They don't burn shit, they take what they can or chop it up..

To quote arsenio hall, this story makes you say hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Not that I am a career criminal, but knocking off a van which held government property would likely be a federal offense (or the equivalent over there). Perhaps, (and maybe I am reaching here) they actually STOLE the contents BEFORE they burned the EVIDENCE! Jeez, I cannot believe I have to S-P-E-L-L this out for you.

go ahead, book this guy in any club in south florida, 30 people will show up, and maybe 1% of the ones on this thread will actually show up. They are all message board supporters...

just like you I assume? I have a sinking suspicion that you are one of those people who bitch about your local scene, which DJs should come and perform, but you either don't show up or spend your entire evening outside bitching that you were on the guest list and refusing to pay not even getting that it's the monetary support that keeps these events going.

Get a clue.

Guest saleen351

i didn't read any of the responses above..

to proove this really happend, put a link up to the newspaper report.. I can translate it..

If 6 fedex trucks in ft lauderdale were stolen then burned, it would be on the news and in the papers.. Its that simple. I don't trust any of you club people.... I was a wallstreet broker, hence a professional lier... so put up or shut up........

the timming on all of this is really sketchy...... but if you do provide a link then i will apologize...:idea:

i didn't read any of the responses above..

to proove this really happend, put a link up to the newspaper report.. I can translate it..

If 6 fedex trucks in ft lauderdale were stolen then burned, it would be on the news and in the papers.. Its that simple. I don't trust any of you club people.... I was a wallstreet broker, hence a professional lier... so put up or shut up........

the timming on all of this is really sketchy...... but if you do provide a link then i will apologize...:idea:

Well, you should read the other responses so you realize what an idiot you sound like.

I have better things to do with my time than search French newspapers to prove the story. I am simply stating what was told to me from his agent and what is provided on his website: www.laurentgarnier.com

If I was a shady promoter, I wouldn't have told people the gig had canceled with 4 days advance notice, I would have taken money at the door the night of then said he couldn't show up.

If I was worried I was going to lose money, I wouldn't have rescheduled the date for June 5. And how do you explain the cancellation of the other shows as well, we are all worried so we brought the artist on board to play part in the conspiracy?

If he was so concerned with anti-American sentiment he wouldn't have rescheduled all his dates for 2 months later ... nothing magical is going to happen to change American feelings between now and then.

Take your conspiracy theories somewhere else. And lastly, use a spellchecker, it's hard to take someone seriously who misspells 4 simple words in a paragraph while bragging about having a high profile profession.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pleazure

Well, you should read the other responses so you realize what an idiot you sound like.

I have better things to do with my time than search French newspapers to prove the story. I am simply stating what was told to me from his agent and what is provided on his website: www.laurentgarnier.com

If I was a shady promoter, I wouldn't have told people the gig had canceled with 4 days advance notice, I would have taken money at the door the night of then said he couldn't show up.

If I was worried I was going to lose money, I wouldn't have rescheduled the date for June 5. And how do you explain the cancellation of the other shows as well, we are all worried so we brought the artist on board to play part in the conspiracy?

If he was so concerned with anti-American sentiment he wouldn't have rescheduled all his dates for 2 months later ... nothing magical is going to happen to change American feelings between now and then.

Take your conspiracy theories somewhere else. And lastly, use a spellchecker, it's hard to take someone seriously who misspells 4 simple words in a paragraph while bragging about having a high profile profession.

umm, i type over 100 wpm, so i never go back and correct anything i typed. this is club message board. But you should be on dance fever, you are dancing around the truth... post a link to the paper. how hard could it be. There is only 2 main newspapers in france. How fucking hard could it be..................i checked out the site, and it has a shitty looking pop up with what you posted... Still no proof.. You'd think with the anti french sediment you guys would have done your homework and posted the article..

maybe it never happend:idea:

ps i was the second shooter on the grassy knowl........

you club cats are a shady bunch... and they wonder why the scene is horrible...

Originally posted by diegonyc

lol, what a joke!

i've never heard someone talk out their ass as much as the tool from joisey.

ahh, so that's his story, originally from Jersey, not cool enough to be from NYC, but wants to claim the cool points.

Doesn't really know music but likes to front that he does.

Obviously has no common sense, because if he had he would realize I have nothing to gain and nothing but money to lose by postponing a date that was out of my control.

tell you what, prove to me that you aren't an ignorant whiny bitch with a tiny cock and I will prove to you that Lauren't courier van was stolen... deal?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by diegonyc

lol, what a joke!

i've never heard someone talk out their ass as much as the tool from joisey.

don't you have to go promote for arc sats which are dead?

Guest saleen351

LEARN THE GAME

OR GET BURNED BY THE GAME.......

I HAVE CLUBS PMING ME, TO SHOW UP... I HAVE PEOPLE ASKING ME FOR CLUB REVEIWS FOR THEIR WEBSITES. ONE GUY MADE ME THE MUSIC BOARD MOD.........

I EVEN WALKED INTO A CLUB 2 WEEKS AGO AND WHEN I WENT TO PAY, THEY KNEW ME, AND HOOKED ME UP.. I DO MORE FOR THE SCENE, BY BEING HONEST, THAN BSING US ABOUT SOME SKETCHY FIRE......:idea: