Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Johnny Vicious @ Filter 14, Thurs Apr 17

filter140417_top.jpg

Thursday, April 17th, 2003

Doors open 9pm. 21 and over.

Get out of the house on Thursday, April 17th and experience a unique, intimate night with NYC nightlife DJ/producing legend Johnny Vicious as he plays at Filter 14.

Filter 14 is known for its top notch sound system and for hosting some of the best DJ talent in the world. Regular DJs at Filter 14 include Satoshi Tomiie, Hector Romero, The Scumfrog, Melvin Moore, and Trendroid. Recent guests have included Ritchie Hawtin, Sven Vath, Sandra Collins, Roger Sanchez, David Morales, Hybrid, Medicine8, Dinky, Billy Nasty and Jimmy Van M.

Get there early because beer, wine and well drinks are all $4 from 9pm to 11pm for all you barflies.

Filter 14 is an extremely small venue and there are only a limited number of guestlist spots available. $10 on the Clubplanet guestlist all night. Regular admission is $15.

www.clubplanet.com/guestlists

Filter 14

432 West 14th Street

(btw 9th & 10th Avenues)

this has got to be the dumbest venue to have johnny at in the history of promotions...you can't fit more than 75-100 people in the dj area and that is maxxxxing it...

dont get me wrong, filter is awesome, but not for JV and his following. B&T folks be prepared to be dissappointed...this is going to be a clusterfuck!

Originally posted by pangelid

this has got to be the dumbest venue to have johnny at in the history of promotions...you can't fit more than 75-100 people in the dj area and that is maxxxxing it...

dont get me wrong, filter is awesome, but not for JV and his following. B&T folks be prepared to be dissappointed...this is going to be a clusterfuck!

I concur.

First words out of my mouth were, "what the fuc..."

They started charging $15 w/o guestlist huh? hhmmmm... interseting.

Hi, I'm Tommy Frayne, the owner of Filter 14.

I want to let all of you know how excited I am to have this event at Filter.

I know it sounds unusual, but this is the kind of show we do here. Sort of like MTV Unplugged where electric rock bands did small acoustic shows, we give big-name, big-ticket DJ's the chance to play a smaller venue and have an intimate evening with their fans. We have done this for Ritchie Hawtin, David Morales, Roger Sanchez, Satoshi Tomiie, Hector Romero, Hybrid, Sandra Collins, Tony Humphries and others.

This event was not put together on a whim.

1.) Johnny Vicious ASKED to do this show. Johnny wants to play an intimate event for just friends and loyal fans. He wants to play a small venue, and he appreciates that we have one of the best sound systems in the city.

2.) The event is just $10 on the Clubplanet Guestlist and there are very cheap drinks early on. This is very inexpensive. As someone else pointed out, we are a small venue, and really only fit 150 people. If you do not get onto the guest list before it is closed, I would not recommend coming.

3.) Do not expect the same music and scene you would hear at Exit or Sound Factory. This event is completely different. This is an intimate night with Johnny and his friends. You should expect more serious house music, and fewer "anthems."

Johnny put this night together himself. It is something he is looking forward to. When Johnny came to us at Filter 14, we thought it was a great idea. He used to play here when it was called Mother, and it is sort of a homecoming for him.

If you would like to share the evening with us, please sign up on the guest list now and come early. (Johnny said he will go on at about midnight, so I would advise arriving by 11pm.)

At Filter 14 we pride ourselves with two things: First, giving DJ's leeway to experiment and try new things. And second, giving dancers the ability to dance just a couple of steps away from the greatest DJs in the workd, playing on a great sound system.

You may never be able to hear Johnny Vicious at an event like this ever again. If you are a true fan, you should not miss it.

Originally posted by djteflonjohn

I thought Johnny is at dance for the cure? how long is his set

johnny is playing at "dance for the cure" (at the Roxy) until about 11:30.

He is then walking the five short blocks from the Roxy to Filter 14 and is going on at about midnight. He told me he plans on playing until 4:30 or 5am at Filter, depending on the crowd.

tommy

hey everyone. it's me .

im at filter14 tonight as you might have read.

thanks for filling everyone in tommy.

filter 14 has a great sound system its pretty tight.

theres gonna be a lot of people there tonight so come early. i know the place is small,but its a thursday night and i promise you will have a good time. i basically invited a lot of my personal friends down for the party and figured that we might as well invite all of you from club planet who have supported me throughout the years. (you guys are like famiy too ya know)we've had great times at roxy and exit in the past.

i think its a great idea to play at other places that some of you haven't experienced as i have in the past. so i'm brining some of my history to life tonight for me and taking you guys with me for you to experience.

i asked mike macaluso play tonight before i get there because i'll be @ roxy first for the breast cancer benefit. you all know mike, and he is a great dj and friend.....

a bit of history about the way i expeienced filter 14 .

i used to go to red zone back in 92-93 to hear david morales play. that place was amazing and he had 2-3000 people a night . then david played at mother(which is now filter 14 which was owned by dj johnny dynell another great dj).

it was a great night. david played new music that he had just finished in the studio, and that was an amaizing feeling to be one of the first ones to hear his new tracks.

anyway , that was my first experience there and ever since then i have heard my "teacher"satoshi (he taught me how to sequence and program tracks when i first started, a bit of trivia) a few times , and a bunch of other great dj who i have admired in the past. we havent promoted this like a regular event. it's a more personal night for me, it's not a record release party or a b-day party its a music night no bullshit to get people down there just me, my records,my cd's and my friends.....and a fun night.so dress like you wanna, have a good time and dance.

see you tonight

luv ya all.

johnny vicious