vicman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by cookiegirl

:cuss:

:D It's a blessing and a curse. My company changed our vacation policy to use accrued time for previous years by August or lose it. That sucks, but on the other hand, I have two months of vacation saved up, so it gives me an excuse to use it all this summer. The only realistic way my boss and I agreed to use two months of vacation time was to start taking every Friday off.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

:D It's a blessing and a curse. My company changed our vacation policy to use accrued time for previous years by August or lose it. That sucks, but on the other hand, I have two months of vacation saved up, so it gives me an excuse to use it all this summer. The only realistic way my boss and I agreed to use two months of vacation time was to start taking every Friday off.

Yeah. . .I'm not seeing the "curse" side of that so much. . . :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nautilus60

Most likely not:(

But they might convince on Thursday..:)

okie dokie. I'll see you guys on Friday though :D

give me a call when you get into NYC. I don't know what time you guys plan on heading to Roxy. I'm gonna be there pretty early. I'm meeting a bunch of people at the brewery across the street. Its gonna be a long night!!

Last time I tried to meet up with Ana inside Roxy it was a disaster :( She did find me at 6 am though :D

They're FORCING me to take vacation! :tongue:

yup, vacation time that you would probably want to use at your leisure, now you have to take it. i would get kinda pissed. dunno, i'm more the take-2-weeks-of-entirely-from-work than the take-1-day-off-for-ten-weeks type of guy.

Originally posted by vicman

yup, vacation time that you would probably want to use at your leisure, now you have to take it. i would get kinda pissed. dunno, i'm more the take-2-weeks-of-entirely-from-work than the take-1-day-off-for-ten-weeks type of guy.

Well, after I burn off the accrued time by August, I still have this year's allotment of three weeks I gotta deal with. So that may be the vacation vacation. I'm just pissed cause I looked at the accrued time as part of a severance package in case of layoffs or quitting since they have to pay it out. Now I get nada.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

okie dokie. I'll see you guys on Friday though :D

give me a call when you get into NYC. I don't know what time you guys plan on heading to Roxy. I'm gonna be there pretty early. I'm meeting a bunch of people at the brewery across the street. Its gonna be a long night!!

Last time I tried to meet up with Ana inside Roxy it was a disaster :( She did find me at 6 am though :D

We are gonna leave around 6PM...So it looks like we will make it to NY fairly early and if the brewery right across the street from Roxy we might join you there then - if you dont mind...

Well, after I burn off the accrued time by August, I still have this year's allotment of three weeks I gotta deal with. So that may be the vacation vacation. I'm just pissed cause I looked at the accrued time as part of a severance package in case of layoffs or quitting since they have to pay it out. Now I get nada.

Unbelievable. You strike a deal to burn vacation time you should have used to get every Friday off all summer long. You then get *another* 3 weeks of vacation at the end of summer. *PLUS* your colleagues are drug hounds!!

Where do I sign up? :confused: Seriously.