Clubplanet Nightlife Community

G.U. Toronto ... Deep Dish

vipnerd

Their submission ... to the Global Underground series ... will take inspiration from a night the lads spent behind the decks at Guvernment in Toronto ... Canada ...

Look for Deep Dish's 'Global Underground: Toronto' ... to hit stores and in May.

DD will be at Space 34 ... Saturday May 24th ... :D :D :hat:

Bravo for them :)

But you know what? We need a fucking GU already!

I know the typical bastards are gonna post in this thread and say how 'Miami's too stupid to deserve a GU' or something like that...

Stupid or not, we've got a scene where on any given month, almost on any given weekend, a GU or GU-style DJ is playing here. Hell, give Hernan the next one here :). Or Jimmy Van M. Two GU-type DJs in town this Friday alone...after conference to boot!

Sure, I rail on the crowds here too, but I realize there's nothing I can do about it really...every club in Miami except for maybe Blue would be shuttered if all the 'stupid people' went away. I just sit back, take my photos, and enjoy myself.

But anyway, what does Toronto have that we don't? Really...what makes Toronto more GU-ready than Miami. We've got quite a few clubs that world-class DJs are dying to play at...they've got one or two at best ! I could be here all night, but it's late...so discuss!

Murk from Miami would give that series a well needed kick in the butt .. or maybe Howells from B.E.D ? Oh shit thats happening already his 24/7 CD is based on his set from B.E.D @ WMC. Yes I agree we should have a GU here, but its not up to us its up to ClubBoxed. Regardless I think it will happen eventually.

probably just a rumor but i've heard next one after deep dish could be sasha in peru. And i agree with the fact that gu is usually for upcoming club cities, but there are exceptions like ibiza, san fran, new york. Miami is one of the places that need one and I'm sure it is on the top three of the gu guys list of places to have the next gu.

Originally posted by livin42nite

probably just a rumor but i've heard next one after deep dish could be sasha in peru. And i agree with the fact that gu is usually for upcoming club cities, but there are exceptions like ibiza, san fran, new york. Miami is one of the places that need one and I'm sure it is on the top three of the gu guys list of places to have the next gu.

Sasha's set was recorded for a future CD ... it sounds very possible ... :D