Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuel...still hope?

sgtfury

I spoke to Fuel's management today and the attitude was very apologetic regarding what happened on saturday...I was told that the situation at the door this weekend will definetely not be anything like it was on saturday and that big changes have been made in all aspects of the club..i dont know who will be spinning, but, david padilla will be doing afterhours both nights, starting at 5:30....lets see what happens.

Oh, deal with it...

Okay. So. First it was O.J., then Elian, then those damn chads, then Space, and now it's Fuel. Whatever.

Granted, a lot of you had a really shitty first encounter. Well, know what? Life's full of shitty first impressions. (Hell, look at all the crap that's been said about Space, the club that's now being lauded as the best Miami's got to offer.)

Anyhow, I don't know about ya'll (woo-hoo, what a word!!! YA'LL!!!), but I'm going to give the place a shot. If you guys wanna try and meet up either Friday and/or Saturday, let me know. I'm probably going out both nights (even if I don't intend to end up at Fuel both nights). I'm game for meeting up and doing something if you guys are.

Takers?

Rene'

ReneM@the-beach.net

Rene > sometimes a little “bitching” helps to change things for the better. I personally believe; fuel has a lot of potential, but only time will tell. I am trying to be optimistic. I am definitely down for a meet up this weekend.. Shoot me a PM…….

Peace,

Sobeton

cwm32.gif

Originally posted by sobeton:

Rene > sometimes a little “bitching” helps to change things for the better.

Actually, I agree with that. Bitching constructively (ala Fury's phone calls, etc.) is something I stand behind -- bitching to affect change.

Bitching ala the Shadow Lounge board (or many other bulletin boards we see all over the Net) becomes a sport -- people doing it just b/c they can or are bored or whatever. It gets old fast.

I'm game, though. Figure the worst thing I can face is Padilla rocking the joint and dispelling all the negative stuff everyone's already pointed out -- stuff that I'll be expecting. So, win-win, I guess...

Woo-hoo. YA'LL (still love that word!)

Rene'

I went last night instead, plans changed. I was at 320 for the Hugo Boss/UP Coture fashion show, and some friends of mine went to Fuel. I followed along and got in for free, so I can't comment on the door since my friend is fairly high-profile.

Inside, it wasn't all that crowded. Good or bad I don't know. The DJ was spinning house (along the lines of 'Bad Habit', 'Don't Call me Baby', 'Pasilda')... mainly, staying pretty far from tranceland.

The low end is too much. It muddies the signal...Fuel needs to work at that. Turbosounds are bassy by nature...but they're not horrid..I'd rather see Nexo or EAW.

Lighting was a decent array of Martin Mini-MACs, MAC-250s, Roboscan 918s, and this nifty effect in the walls. No true effect lighting yet (laser, etc...)...

Staff inside was alright, nothing too notable...cute bartenders, and some dude was passing out sparklers.

I stayed till 3:30, so I have no idea what afterhours is like.

I'd say this is on par in terms of upscaleness with crobar, or a little less...

Needs some work, but it has potential...

Hope everyone has a good time smile.gif. I'll be at N tonight if anyone goes.

dan

D> Don't think Lord G is a resident; think he just opened up that evening...

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Archived