Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto May 22 @ The Mayan!!! Meetup?

nyc2la

Just moved to LA 2 months ago from NYC and I havent experienced too much of the LA nightlife ... but I did attend Bad Boy Bill 2 weeks ago @ Houese of Blues in Anehiem. Very dissapointed :( the flyer said the club was going to be open until 4am but that wasnt the case when all the lights went on at 1:45 and Bill stopped spinning. Not only did the club close before I anticipated but Bill trainwrecked horribly at the begining of his set :idea: needless to say the crowd freaked out and he only spun for maybe an hour. :mad:

I emailed the promoters Spundae and told them about my experience but of course I never got a response back from them.

So I'm going to try out another one of their parties on the 22nd ... Tiesto @ The Mayan which I hope will be a better experience. :) Anyone want to have a meet-up? I've never been to the venue before so I really couldnt suggest a place to meet so if anyone has an suggestions, I'm down. Does anyone know if they scan ID's there and how strict they are about letting in underage females?

BTW - if anyone has an suggestions for this Sat. night let me know where the parties @!!!

Thanks guys!

Doug

So what part of LA do live at?

There are venues that close later than 2am. The Mayan stays open til about 6am i think. Im sure you will like the venue. I am not sure ill be going to this but if i do, a meet-up would be cool.

Spundae parties are much better at Circus Disco and they are open til 4 (someone confirm this please).

This saturday ill be in San Diego all weekend. Will be checking out Deep Dish at Club Montage on Friday and then Thievery Corporation at 4th&B on Saturday.

Right now I'm chillin in the I.E. near Montclair but I'll be moving closer to the beach in Sept. ... any suggestions? My girl wants to move near Venice, maybe Culver City I think but I'm not all that crazy about Venice. But if anyone knows of an area closer to the beach thats not more than $900 a month for 1 bedroom hook me up! :D

Thanks for the info on Circus ... thats my next venture after this week depending on the line-up. From what I hear its the only NY style warehouse mega-club in LA which is what im looking for.

I might be down for Deep Dish this Friday ... how far is San Diego from LA area and what is the age/cover charge? Ive missed them so many times in NY so this might be a chance to redeem myself.

Originally posted by nyc2la

Right now I'm chillin in the I.E. near Montclair but I'll be moving closer to the beach in Sept. ... any suggestions? My girl wants to move near Venice, maybe Culver City I think but I'm not all that crazy about Venice. But if anyone knows of an area closer to the cost thats not more than $900 a month for 1 bedroom hook me up! :D

Thanks for the info on Circus ... thats my next venture after this week depending on the line-up. From what I here its the only NY style warehouse mega-club in LA which is what im looking for.

I might be down for Deep Dish this Friday ... how far is San Diego from LA area and what is the age/cover charge? Ive missed them so many times in NY so this might be a chance to redeem myself.

if you drive like me, 1 1/2 hours from LA to san diego..normally 2-3 hours, depending on traffic....

venice is nasty...check out burbank...or ventura area...huntington beach is ok...

nyc2la - hope you enjoy your stay in sunny california! i just got back into town on sat. -- headed straight to ferry corsten from lax and had a blast! wasn't crazy about his set, but still enjoyed myself nonetheless.

my bf and i will be at tiesto. i'm down for a meet-up! always interesting to meet new peeps. :) the mayan is great! kick-ass sound system and beautfiul venue.

since you're new to the area, i would suggest parking as close to the venue as possible, i.e. PAY TO PARK EITHER IN THE LOT NEXT DOOR OR ACROSS THE STREET. :D

Originally posted by ~surreal~

nyc2la - hope you enjoy your stay in sunny california! i just got back into town on sat. -- headed straight to ferry corsten from lax and had a blast! wasn't crazy about his set, but still enjoyed myself nonetheless...

hey :mad: ! why didn't ya say so? i was there and coulda finally metcha!

and to nyc2la, i absolutely love spundae :D . i haven't found any similarities to new york clubs there, though; people are extremely friendly, the vibe is unbelievably unpretentious and laid-back, and it's all about having fun. l.a.'s nightlife is great in its own ways; constantly comparing and contrasting it to new york's is just plain silly :) .

as for venice, i lived there for a while; it was ok. it was nice to be by the beach, but i was in the 'hood-y part of venice, which wasn't so hot. so far i've lived in venice, mid-city, and downtown, and i like downtown the best. i'm really close to 3 freeways, and that's a big part of it. if you can be in a convenient part of town, that's what i'd recommend.

and yes, sandiegino, spundae closes at 4 :aright: .

Originally posted by weyes

hey :mad: ! why didn't ya say so? i was there and coulda finally metcha!

you were @ spundae!? Darn. I shoulda contacted you. Hey, you going to Tiesto? It's right up your alley! Anyway, I'll post pix from Spundae, maybe you'll recognize me...not that i'm so special, but you know how sometimes you just recognize a person or remember seeing them even if it's just for a second.

:hat:

check out Manhatan, and if you can afford it, Marina Del Rey. The latter is a more hosh posh crowd

Originally posted by nyc2la

Right now I'm chillin in the I.E. near Montclair but I'll be moving closer to the beach in Sept. ... any suggestions? My girl wants to move near Venice, maybe Culver City I think but I'm not all that crazy about Venice. But if anyone knows of an area closer to the beach thats not more than $900 a month for 1 bedroom hook me up! :D

Thanks for the info on Circus ... thats my next venture after this week depending on the line-up. From what I hear its the only NY style warehouse mega-club in LA which is what im looking for.