Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone Like Z4??

weed247

Guest saleen351

z4, boxster, TT are all chicks cars... guys who drive them are pussys...

plus all of them are slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

i drove past jason taylors house not too long ago, he has a z8 with some dubs, its also a piece of shit, and motortrend agreed.. another pussy car...

I agree with half that statement.. the TT, Boxster(non S) and Z4 are relatively slow, they are real smooth but could be quicker.

However the Z8 has got some serious balls. 5.0, 400hp. I went for a ride in one 2 weeks ago, the thing pulls like mad in any gear at any rpm. It's overpriced, but it fast imo.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by teklord310

I agree with half that statement.. the TT, Boxster(non S) and Z4 are relatively slow, they are real smooth but could be quicker.

However the Z8 has got some serious balls. 5.0, 400hp. I went for a ride in one 2 weeks ago, the thing pulls like mad in any gear at any rpm. It's overpriced, but it fast imo.

a vette, cobra, any ferrari, viper, z28 etc, would smoke it, the z8 suffers from huge amounts of over steer. And considering its more expensive than some ferraris its a rip off.. BMW's rein is over, they haven't put out a good car in a years... and their sales continue to proove it..

newsflash saleen.....most people dont buy auto's just for outright speed

exclusivity matters a lot in luxury car purchases, hence the buzz and hype about the Z8. styling matters a lot too, as well as features, and capabilities beyond flat-out acceleration.

and about the TT not being fast enough....i'd like to see the TT race a Viper/Cobra/Z28 on a curvy back road after a thunderstorm....

Originally posted by saleen351

a vette, cobra, any ferrari, viper, z28 etc, would smoke it, the z8 suffers from huge amounts of over steer.

last i checked, wasn't oversteer considered to be part of pushing a high performance car?

Or do you prefer the grocery-getter understeer that mustangs love to give lots of ;)

the z3 reminded me of a go kart...

or a miata thats been juicing up...

what i want to see is a new MR2 with a nice phat turbo... that shit would outhandle/outpower a LOT of REALLY expensive cars....

(midengine, like 2000lbs or something, rwd)

Originally posted by joeg

the z3 reminded me of a go kart...

or a miata thats been juicing up...

what i want to see is a new MR2 with a nice phat turbo... that shit would outhandle/outpower a LOT of REALLY expensive cars....

(midengine, like 2000lbs or something, rwd)

i'd like to see that too, but Toyota is so obsessed with selling cars to image-conscious youth and geriatrics that i think they've forgotten what the word "sports car" really means.

not some watered down underpowered shiz, or some asinine boulevard cruiser Solara with the optional TRD supercharger.

ooooh.

who fuckin' cares.

Originally posted by cintron

i'd like to see that too, but Toyota is so obsessed with selling cars to image-conscious youth and geriatrics that i think they've forgotten what the word "sports car" really means.

not some watered down underpowered shiz, or some asinine boulevard cruiser Solara with the optional TRD supercharger.

ooooh.

who fuckin' cares.

well thats the funny thing... the new mr2 is a blatent porsche wanna-be... so you'd think all the suburban 16yr old girls would get one and give toyota some money to play with for real cars...

i remember Motortrend asked a question about a turbochared MR2

Toyota said that high insurance rates killed the MR2 before. they dont want that to happen again.

however, with the Miata getting a V6 in 2 years, Toyota's feelings may change

maybe Toyota can put the 180hp 4cyl from the Celica in the MR2...

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i remember Motortrend asked a question about a turbochared MR2

Toyota said that high insurance rates killed the MR2 before. they dont want that to happen again.

however, with the Miata getting a V6 in 2 years, Toyota's feelings may change

i doubt that'll happen. Toyota's VVTL-i in the 2ZZGE isn't refined enough yet.

Insurance claims will shoot through the roof if they throw that engine in the MR-S. Lightweight Midengine car going through a corner, *bam* the cams switch over and suddenly the rear wheels are overpowered and next thing you know, the car's wrapped around a tree. I believe that's the reason they didn't stick it in there already.

Now if they took the Gen V 3sge from the Jspec Lexus IS300, THAT would be a killer. Smooth, powerful and tiny. 2.0L, 215hp naturally aspirated, lightweight, 8k redline, powerband smooth as a baby's ass.

Originally posted by cintron

i doubt that'll happen. Toyota's VVTL-i in the 2ZZGE isn't refined enough yet.

Insurance claims will shoot through the roof if they throw that engine in the MR-S. Lightweight Midengine car going through a corner, *bam* the cams switch over and suddenly the rear wheels are overpowered and next thing you know, the car's wrapped around a tree. I believe that's the reason they didn't stick it in there already.

Now if they took the Gen V 3sge from the Jspec Lexus IS300, THAT would be a killer. Smooth, powerful and tiny. 2.0L, 215hp naturally aspirated, lightweight, 8k redline, powerband smooth as a baby's ass.

jesus christ, 215, PRE turbo? thats some efficient output for a 2.0l...

Guest saleen351

newsflash saleen.....most people dont buy auto's just for outright speed

exclusivity matters a lot in luxury car purchases, hence the buzz and hype about the Z8. styling matters a lot too, as well as features, and capabilities beyond flat-out acceleration.

and about the TT not being fast enough....i'd like to see the TT race a Viper/Cobra/Z28 on a curvy back road after a thunderstorm....

i live in one of the exotic car capitals of the world, trust me the z8 is nothing down here... I live by the auto toy store, its all about callaways, ferraris, porshes, stangs, vettes, lambos etc... BMW should have made the m5 135k, its a better value.. But too bad the m5 never got the respect it deserves, so now they are done.. You seem them more and more, and no one really knows how great of car it is..

and for you comment on the TT, any decent driver could easliy smoke that piece of shit in the rain, with the stabilty control on the vette in which motortrend said its the best in the world, you can smoke that TT any day of the week in any conditions..

Toyota Celica...the 4 CYLINDER NO-GO Engine...piece of shit..lucky it looks nice...

and saleen stop throwin in the "STANG" when u talk about exotics...we know u own one...its kinda like laughin at ur own jokes..not cool

I drove a 2000? MR2 with the 140hp engine.... i wasn't very impressed. Car handles very nicely, but it just sounds like ass. Very noisy mechanically, no real intake or exhaust note... just a lot of engine noise and vibration. I test drove the Celica GTS before I got the Eclipse and wasn't very impressed either... very peaky engine, no low end at all..

Not to mention the fact that the car fuckin BEEPS when you put it in reverse so that the morons they are targeting don't select the wrong gear(6 speed with reverse to the left of 1st).

and now you know why i despise the Toyota of Today.

the Toyota of Yesterday was what PUT these bean counter assholes on the map with their politically correct, socially brainwashed cars.

it's a shame they blow millions of dollars each year on racing, development and competition in EVERY arena, yet their current lineup is only fit for doing laps around a retirement home.