Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Happy 4/20!!!!!!

oh i'm in bold now? i feel so special :)

mostly i study the subtle art of procrastination, and research the next destination for my quest for the world's best party.

But my day job is workin on my phd in signal processing, specifically artificial intelligence and music. The idea is to get computers to be "smarter" about music, to identify musical structure and style and build up expectations about what is going to come next.

But anyway, i have this huuuuuuuuuuuge publication deadline on friday that's been occupying my brain for the last 2 months, so i've been doing nothing but chill in the library wit ma laptop and ma redbulls trying to get my program to work. Its rewarding work, but I can't wait until this is over... I really miss having a life.

And how about u?

hugz,

rob

Originally posted by dialectics

mostly i study the subtle art of procrastination, and research the next destination for my quest for the world's best party.

you sound like me.

Signal processing? sounds interesting, most def! So do you produce music for mixing? A few days ago I was at this kid's loft and he had this sick set-up. No tables, but equipment for producing..keyboards, computers, mixers... I think he produces all psytrance.

You have another week until your deadline--could be good or bad. Bad because you probably won't be leaving the library anytime soon. :tongue:

:smoke::bong::party:

Let us burn one

from end to end

and pass it over

to me my friend

burn it long, we'll burn it slow

to light me up before I go

if you don't like my fire

then don't come around

cause I'm gonna burn one down

yes I'm gonna burn one down

my choice is what I choose to do

and if I'm causing no harm

it shouldn't bother you

your choice is who you choose to be

and if your causin' no harm

then you're alright with me

if you don't like my fire

then don't come around

cause I'm gonna burn one down

yes I'm gonna burn one down

herb the gift from the earth

and what's from the earth

is of the greatest worth

so before you knock it try it first

you'll see it's a blessing

and not a curse

Cracked:

actually some psytrance is verrrry hard, verrry dark and fuckin' awesome; sometimes it's very melodic as well. Here's one way of putting it---- characterized by a 4/4 rhythm, psytrance attempts to use layers of sounds and audio tweaks rather than melodies to induce a trance like state. The current range of psytrance spans many styles from minimal techno like constructions all the way to harsh abrasive sounds that border on industrial, always with a heady dose of psychedlia thrown in.

Honestly, it's so hard to explain. PM me and I'll send you some phat tracks on IM.

Originally posted by DANCEdeep

Cracked:

actually some psytrance is verrrry hard, verrry dark and fuckin' awesome; sometimes it's very melodic as well. Here's one way of putting it---- characterized by a 4/4 rhythm, psytrance attempts to use layers of sounds and audio tweaks rather than melodies to induce a trance like state. The current range of psytrance spans many styles from minimal techno like constructions all the way to harsh abrasive sounds that border on industrial, always with a heady dose of psychedlia thrown in.

Honestly, it's so hard to explain. PM me and I'll send you some phat tracks on IM.

Actually, I've heard the term myself and wondered what exactly that was....can you post some examples on this thread? Thanks.

Originally posted by dialectics

oh i'm in bold now? i feel so special :)

But my day job is workin on my phd in signal processing, specifically artificial intelligence and music. The idea is to get computers to be "smarter" about music, to identify musical structure and style and build up expectations about what is going to come next.

But anyway, i have this huuuuuuuuuuuge publication deadline on friday that's been occupying my brain for the last 2 months, so i've been doing nothing but chill in the library wit ma laptop and ma redbulls trying to get my program to work. Its rewarding work, but I can't wait until this is over... I really miss having a life.

And how about u?

hugz,

rob

Deadline on Friday....

HMMMM, I think we'll need to CELEBRATE getting this shit done on Sunday!