Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto @ Surf Club This Summer

Originally posted by stigeleiro

The people have spoken. For your information I have already made contact with 3 of the people mentioned Eric Morillo, Tiesto and Carl Cox. Eric seems to be the easiest to reach since he is a jersey boy. My goal is to do 2 out of 3, I would be happy with one of them.

fuck all the high priced djs....... fuck em..... Surf Club is great for too many reasons for you to go out and blow money on a "big dj" when 90% of the crowd doesn't even know/care who is spinning...

Keep up the great work you do each summer, don't change your booking plans for a bunch of "music marks" on a shitty message board.....:D

I cant see Tiesto at the jersey shore (or cox really), half the people at surf wouldnt might not even know who he is or care. I agree that it is good to change things up, but I dont think its worth spending the $ to bring in an international dj that only a hand full of people would appreciate or even enjoy

Guest saleen351

ummm space can't even get Carl Cox...

tiesto costs them a bundle, but he gets the best reviews but i don't like him... but he packs them in much more than DT... tiesto is the #1 guest dj at space...

For morillo, his 10k price tag is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of line, and maze and crobar cant' even get him back...

Regarding the 3 mentioned DJs I would not book any of them if I have to kill the customer at the door. I dont work that way at all. The advantage I have that I am surprised Mr. Saleen didnt realize that I am the only show in town come Sunday. The way it works is you got to make your contacts with a bunch of players in the surrounding markets (Philly and the Hamptons) and see who they bring in. I have been in this business about 10 years now and its all about contacts. The way that any of these guys end up at the SURF is because they are in the Hamptons or Philly in the same weekend and then they call me to help them incur the costs. Some people are capable of booking Carl Cox for 20000 a night instead of 25000 or 30000, those people then call me and offer it to me for another 10000 just so they can tell him we got u 2 dates for 30000 and u dont even have to travel. Plus like I said not alot of places out there doing Sunday business then can justify it. I will tell u right now I cant see EVER having the Surf Club admission over $25. I think its too much to pay. I know other clubs do it down there but ownership of the SURF is very old school. I guess that is why The Surf Club has been open for 31 years now.

Regarding the comment about most people not really knowing who is up there is 100% correct. But there are other reasons u book these guys. First most draw from an additional market that dont know the SURF. Second this DJ becomes another promoter for you after he plays there and loves it. Third for me personally it builds a new relationship with an agent/promoter that helped me get the DJ for future endeavors. Fourth is NJ deserves to be recognized as a state where music is the answer. U go to a NY club and NJ dominates it but in the same sentence NJ is cheesy. It doesnt have to be. The SURF is a venue that can make a musical difference. It will happen. I am looking to do about 2 to 3 DJs that fall in the top 100. People will notice the difference. I am a huge fan of Eric Morillo becuase with him I recognize the difference. I think everyone else will 2.

Originally posted by slyonspromos

Tiesto $40 well worth it better than spending $50 for any soundfactory theme party.

Unless you were at Factory 2 weeks ago on the Anniversary you wouldnt be saying this... I always thought 50 bucks is a waste on theme nights 2 weeks ago prooved me wrong