Clubplanet Nightlife Community

are u content with your scene???

Nolimit

Why not just focus on the good things, D... who has time to ruminate about the bad? The WMC is a little more than a month away! cwm16.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

My personal opinion is the scene is always changing and evolving, perhaps it is just that there really hasn't been a significant change in the music in a while, the progressive and trance scenes have been strong and perhaps have peaked! The disco house/house scene is going strong, and the whole lounge thing seems to be hot. People are doing different things-personally I just happen to go where I like the scene- there are enough places out there, in NYC, Miami, and other areas, just find a scene you like and make it yours!!

Getting arrakis to stay out past 4 a.m. is pretty damn difficult - you better be offering some SERIOUS house music...

or a comfy couch...

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

Good question NoLimit. I agree that the scene is always changing. Am I personally content? Well, I see some light in the end of the tunnel now but there was a time where I thought it was going down the drain down here. my .02 cents worth.

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

"It's what you do, when you do it, and how well you do it."

Um; I think I remember Bonnie cutting out earlier than me on several more occasions... in fact, I think I recall only forcing the issue (to go home early) once. And ME needing a comfy couch?! I think you better rephrase that... wink.gif

D> I'm taking Monday through probably Wednesday off during that week... but I ain't gonna be one of the millions waiting in line to see Sasha & Diggers; nor DT for that matter - the west coast is gonna be my coast during the Conference! cwm16.gif

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

no limit, are you crazy? nyc scene is not cheezy... if anything, its more ridiculous down here. everything is sooo fake here, i.e. boob jobs, people, etc... dont get me wrong i like to look nice too but are the attitudes really necessary? i miss the days where you could change before going to after hours and wear lounge pants, little tops and sneakers-that way you could really dance and have a great time. AND as far as clubs go, there is more of a GOOD/QUALITY slections to choice from in the city. not so here-they are few and far inbetween. believe me, there is no comparsion between miami and nyc. sorry...

D> On another note, did you catch Garth @ Centro-Fly last weekend?

------------------

I think macfunk is trying to start trouble.

On to the topic.....I have been out of the scene for about a couple of months. Put it this way...the last party I went to was Ultra Beach '00. U do the math! I'm content with the scene cause I believe in it.

I dig the whole P>L>U>R> thing even if I haven't been going to party's and meeting all you cool pep's!

When I first started going to partys the price to get in was like $10 bucks.

Now it's $15 before 12pm and $20 after.

Water maybe $2 bucks now $5 bucks, what kind of monkey dung is that! Water Should Be Free!

Anyway, I have meet cool people along the way and lost a few.

The scene will be the fore front of this Year, u watch! Drum and Bass on Power 96 and commercialization out the wazoo!

Late,

steve

as far as my take on the scene...

They really need to play more house music on the weekends. Mad props for Soulfuric folks making it happen at Goddess for a few weeks, now they're doing their thing at N on Saturdays...much better.

Examples:

Back Door Bamby @Crobar: Mondays?

Garage-House @Krave: Wednesdays?

Path Sessions @Blue: Sundays...I guess that's kinda reasonable.

Does anyone feel me on this one?

------------------

http://www.vinylbooth.com

The scene was much more fun a few years back (91-95). It was much wilder back then, more underground. I don't know, maybe I haven't found the right places to go since I've been back from school or maybe I'm just a biased fag hag but I have noticed that it's all about style in a box and playing a part these days (except at the gay venues, those people just live to party hard). I've gotta say that I'm still searching for a place that has the feel of Warsaw or Paragon - great music, fierce crowd, easy-going staff and none of that VIP crap or velvet rope bullshit. That's my $0.02

cwm12.gif

Thanks pod_ 4 tha backup!

I was just saying that it won't be long until they start playing DnB.

Actually, after 2am on saturday nights thet mix it up a little with the DnB along with Trance. Some Mix, huh?!

What are your opinions on the first ultra compared to ultra 2? Do you think ultra 3 will be better? I'm still debating!

Archived