Clubplanet Nightlife Community

At Last a Total house club in Fort Lauderdale

househed

Just foung this awesome club in Downtown Lauderdale its called Karma they never have a cover and they have this DJ from London on every night and he drops nothing but cool assed house tunes from tues-Sat every week...

its over the tracks on the corner of Andrews and Las olas by Riverfront a bit out of the way but at least it away from the hip hop crowd that seems to have taken over downtown these days

The place is beautifull (strict on the dress code @ the weekend though)

Fellow house heads check this place out

At last Broward somewhere worth going.

Peace

House hed

Guest saleen351

hey househead, you sound like a promoter, but many on this board fequent the joint, place rocks, they just are lacking in the promotion area.. Which sucks, considering it would be sooooooooooooooooooo easy to pack the place...

place however needs some work... they got the foundation, they just need some real house heads to make it work...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by guyman1966

Great place to hang for a while... but not a final resting place for the night. 2 small.

GREAT tunes.

S&G would destroy that joint;)

I love the place, but it is and always will be a lounge.

and when the max capacity is 85 according to their fire marshal sign, it going to be tough to get a banging night going.

But it still remains one of only two places worth going in Lauderdale (the Bulldog is the other)

your right about the lounge thing Shroomy but the instructions I have from the owners is thats exactly want they want

a cool hangout / meeting place with great music, no cover charge

Hope to see you guys there sometime

Peace

House hed

Guest saleen351

tantra is pretty small too, and they pack em in...

place is great, but they need to build a entrance to it. you cant keep that door open like that, and the guy at the door needs to dress better.

and tell the twins to stop running around like morons...

you need to focus people on the booth more, that door being like that really hurts, also, since its in the entertainment district, pipe some tunes outside to draw the house heads in... i

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by tranzwhore

OMFG...please offer free drinks and lots of pigeons and we'll never hear from the saleen again. we love u!

hey smokey, i never pay in lauderdale... so it doesn't matter if they have open bar:idea: :idea:

HouseHed - are you the DJ/Director of Music (Paul)? If so, keep it up.. the place is great. I love not having to go to SoBe for quality house music!!:)

Also, I must agree w/ Saleen.. when the front door is open, that flood light makes it waayyyy to bright in there... especially when your chillin' on the seats against the East-Wall (Andrews). If there could be a partition or something to filter that and keep it darker, that would be great.

Yeah for Karma:D

Lola:eek:

No I am not Paul although he is a friend of mine and he is the one that told the owners to bring in my company to help raise awareness for the venue

and he will continue to be the resident DJ

as far as the front door situation i will pass that on and try and get it sorted out

appreciate the input guys

House Hed

------------------------------

STOP PRESS

As i am typing this i just got confirmation that my buddies Vaughan Lazar & Sheldon Prince have agreed to hold a monthly LUST PARTY @ Karma the first one will be

FRIDAY MAY 16TH

hope to see you all there.

HH

Great news about the monthly LUST party. Their one at Delux is off the hook. They definately know how to throw down that deep funky house.

Karma is a cool venue been there and the dj is good. The Lust party should pull in a good crowd for that. Looking forward to this one...:) :) :)

Originally posted by househed

your right about the lounge thing Shroomy but the instructions I have from the owners is thats exactly want they want

a cool hangout / meeting place with great music, no cover charge

Hope to see you guys there sometime

Peace

House hed

Good, thats exactly what I want and what lauderdale is sadly lacking.

BTW it would be nice if you opened a bit before 10PM on the school nights.

Originally posted by househed

No I am not Paul although he is a friend of mine and he is the one that told the owners to bring in my company to help raise awareness for the venue

and he will continue to be the resident DJ

as far as the front door situation i will pass that on and try and get it sorted out

appreciate the input guys

House Hed

------------------------------

STOP PRESS

As i am typing this i just got confirmation that my buddies Vaughan Lazar & Sheldon Prince have agreed to hold a monthly LUST PARTY @ Karma the first one will be

FRIDAY MAY 16TH

hope to see you all there.

HH

Cool - thanx for the clarification and welcome to CP Househed....

SHELDON & VAUGHAN:eek: HELL YEAH!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Lola;)

Hidee Ho! Been a long time... I got lost on a hip-hop message board and was abducted by some members... but thanks to "Househed" I have found my way back!

We are looking forward to our new monthly residency, Third Friday's @ Karma. Sheldon and I have a big surprise in store for our first party with a surprise guest dj from Chicago! Details to follow!

Nice to be back! Hope to see everyone on May 16th!

Other Dates:

Saturday April 26th - Outside Patio for Plush @ Radius

Friday May 2nd - 1 Year Anniversary of "First Fridays" @ Delux in Delray

Tuesday May 6th - Sunfest Kick-Off party - WPB

Friday May 16th @ Karma

Guest saleen351

Like i said the biggest problem is the door area, something needs to be done... Also ditch those stupid orange bowls they use for vip and the stupid magazines... And the bar is a few feet too long and too wide... Bartenders are kinda unfriendly especially the girls, the girls seem to be there to serve their friends and not my crew, considering we've been there a ton of times, the one tall guy he is a good bartender, but the rest are blaaaaaaaaaa..