Clubplanet Nightlife Community

madonna new CD

stdiamante

Originally posted by saleen351

the track is American life, yet, she lives in enlgland where her husband has ruied her career. Her movie was the bomb of the year.. They laughed at it, that it was so bad. This cd will do alright based on its her, but after that, nada.....

Kelly Clarkson will out sell madonna....

She is trying to appeal to todays generation but she just doesnt cut it.

Originally posted by zlatang

ok just a few questions:

1. did madonna herself told you she felt more R+B/jazzy after doing erotica? why would i trust you on that? or was it the press release that said it?

2. how do YOU know that whatever goies in her life "is seriously reflected in her music"? are you her personal friend (trainer?) or perhaps her agent?

3. do you have a little shrine devoted to madonna in your flat? or do you rather communicate with her while you both meditate on the new-age-puffed-up-cloud of *spirituality*?

:rolleyes:

Whew...meow....no need to get nasty killer!

But since u did...

Obviously she felt like doing r+b/jazzy sound after erotica, cuz that's what bedtime stories sounds like.

How do I know that what goes on in her life is seriously reflected in her music? Well, for one I have heard her mention that MANY MANY times in various interviews. Like I said, I am a fan, and I absorb what I hear. Plus if you actually give a fuck and pay attention to the lyrics you can get that too.

You can take your animosity and shove it up your u're ass. I have no time for this bull shit or explaining myself to you.

Originally posted by sdeelite

Whew...meow....no need to get nasty killer!

But since u did...

Obviously she felt like doing r+b/jazzy sound after erotica, cuz that's what bedtime stories sounds like.

How do I know that what goes on in her life is seriously reflected in her music? Well, for one I have heard her mention that MANY MANY times in various interviews. Like I said, I am a fan, and I absorb what I hear. Plus if you actually give a fuck and pay attention to the lyrics you can get that too.

You can take your animosity and shove it up your u're ass. I have no time for this bull shit or explaining myself to you.

i wasn't being mean but just trying to make you think about what you said. all you claim is supported by what madonna said, but who can tell what she ACTUALLY thinks? i never buy into what celebrities say officially and "if you actually give a fuck and pay attention to the lyrics" you'll see how contradictory she can get. buying that means buying what she wants you to think about her, and that's what i'm questioning her. don't be a victim of a marketing campaign; if you feel like being a victim (we are all victims of something after all) then be aware of it and don't place too much faith into music that is made for making money (gawd i sound almost like a moralist here)

Originally posted by zlatang

i wasn't being mean but just trying to make you think about what you said. all you claim is supported by what madonna said, but who can tell what she ACTUALLY thinks? i never buy into what celebrities say officially and "if you actually give a fuck and pay attention to the lyrics" you'll see how contradictory she can get. buying that means buying what she wants you to think about her, and that's what i'm questioning her. don't be a victim of a marketing campaign; if you feel like being a victim (we are all victims of something after all) then be aware of it and don't place too much faith into music that is made for making money (gawd i sound almost like a moralist here)

I personally don't feel like a victim in this instance, sorry.

Granted she is bound by contract to make more albums (and more money as u mentioned), but I do believe that she puts some honesty into her music, that is part of the reason I like it.

It's more honest than half the shit out there now. Whether or not it's completely honest, you're right, I will never 100% know without every actually knowing her personally. However most song writers don't usually pull shit out of their ass, they usually draw on real life for their material on some level.

We both have diff opinions, I guess that is all there is too it.

I'm done...