Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FUEL,SPACE & JP Bashing- you are killing me!

thepulse

All of this Space and Fuel Bashing as to who has which djs and which ones are cheezy and which club is better is just ridiculous. I went to see Johnny Vicous at Fuel and it was definitely a little empty, but the man played a sick set. The djs at Space are always good too, eventually Fuel will catch on and there will be two great clubs to go to. Everyone just needs to come together and promote the scene in general. Fuel being down the block shouldn't be a competitive thing it should be a postitive thing- another club bringing more party people down to the area- I personally will be at Fuel next week to hear a little from JP. Personally I've loved some of his sets at Factory in NYC, Any NJ/NYC Peeps wanna meet up lets do it by the bar to the left of the booth between 5-6am. Come Together people!!

Pulse > I agree with you somewhat. Listen; there was a period when I could not stand Space. The vibe sucked, and the staff was just plain rude. A lot has changed at Space over the last few months, and that has given me a positive few of Space. In the case of Fuel, I was optimistic about the opening of Fuel.. I thought Fuel would bring some life to our scene.. However, right now, I am not sure the owners of Fuel; know what type of club they want. First they wanted a music format; similar to Space. Then they decided they wanted to concentrate on House. Now they will be having David Padilla return to do after-hours on Friday; playing house and trance.. A sense of direction is what seems to be lacking at Fuel. Other than their weekly ads in the paper; I neither see nor hear anything about Fuel. Not to insult anybody; but I believe a majority of people could care less what DJ is spinning; or what format of music is being played. People are going to go to club, because of its’ popularity. Fuel needs to get more aggressive, and start getting promoters that will hit the street and promote their club. Space as popular as it is; still does this. I want Fuel be a success, because I feel competition is healthy. Ultimately Fuel ‘s success or failure will be in their hands. Just my $0.02…….

Peace,

Sobeton cwm32.gif

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 02-25-2001).]

Pulse, I do agree with you, it is all about trying to bring the scene together but you have to realize that everyone is entitled to their own opionion, no matter what it is, that's what this board is all about.

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

"It's what you do, when you do, and how well you do it."

-------------------------

I'm glad some of you are into the JP meet up at Fuel, then who knows maybe we can hit up space for a little while. I appreciate everyone having a right to their own opinion. the only problem I have is when their opinion is biased due to their employment and they insisist on bashing someone or some club to make their place seem like the best. then the following month when they are working somewhere else, all of a suddent that place is the best and the place they used to work sucks, even though the only thing that has changed is that they aren't working there anymore, Correct me if I'm wrong, but you do know some of these people.

Archived