Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jon Cowan or Ralph Falcon

raincry

What's u'r choice? enlighten me =)  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What's u'r choice? enlighten me =)

• Jon Cowan doing the main set
    • Ralph Falcon doing the main set
    • 2 for 2

I don’t know what the time slots are as yet.....but I was talking to a lot of people that are going to Maze on Friday and we thought it would be really kewl to have Jon Cowan spin the main set. No offense to Ralph, we just thought that since he IS Maze’s resident....it would be nice to do something different for this occasion and since Jon is the guest DJ, that's how it usually goes @ other clubs anyway.....the resident opening up for the guest. If they go 2 for 2 :idea: that would be even better....imho. Anyhoo, Cowan always plays a tight set with some really WICKED tracks which, in my opinion, deserves at least a 5 hour set.

Just my .02

so what do you guys think?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

I"m gonna say this as nice as possible

STFU!!!!!!!!!!

a 5 hour set means ralph falcon spins bullshit for 2 hours:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Its ralph club and jon is a guest, i'm sure they'll split the time in a matter in which they both get a chance to rock it...

and why do u use the word "we" instead of "I"??????

Originally posted by saleen351

I"m gonna say this as nice as possible

STFU!!!!!!!!!!

and i'll say this as nice as possible.....

GO

FUCK

YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a 5 hour set means ralph falcon spins bullshit for 2 hours:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

either ralph does a 'bullshit' set for 2 hrs or jon does.....everyone can hear ralph throw it down every friday @ maze. i thought it would be nice to give the 'guest' a chance to play a decent set....PERIOD. 2 for 2 would be the way to go. i have my preference, but either way i'd be happy.

and why do u use the word "we" instead of "I"??????

i was referring to the 'group' of people that i was talking to.....pardon me if it's not gramatically correct in YOUR book :rolleyes:

and why do you use a double apostrophe in

I"m

moving along........ :blown:

Ralph is the resident of Maze. I'm sure he can handle who's going to spin for how long:D

If Ralph wants to split up the time, I'm sure he will. If he wants to open for JC, I'm sure he will. If he wants to drop a 5 hour set himself, I'm sure he will.

So I guess everyone will find out Friday:eek:

Normal operating procedure for a club is to have the resident open for the guest...it's usually the sensible thing, since the guest costs extra money...only time I've seen a guest open for a resident is back in the Shadow Lounge days when Seb Fontaine opened for George Acosta once.

I'm not opposed to either of them. Jon is killer, and Ralph does a kickass job behind the decks too!

Ideally, I'd love to see a 2 for 2 or a tag team set of sorts. I've seen Jon do it before with Louis Diaz, Ariel Baund, and a whole other plethora of DJs, I'm sure he could do it with Ralph...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by raincrysobe

and i'll say this as nice as possible.....

GO

FUCK

YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

either ralph does a 'bullshit' set for 2 hrs or jon does.....everyone can hear ralph throw it down every friday @ maze. i thought it would be nice to give the 'guest' a chance to play a decent set....PERIOD. 2 for 2 would be the way to go. i have my preference, but either way i'd be happy.

i was referring to the 'group' of people that i was talking to.....pardon me if it's not gramatically correct in YOUR book :rolleyes:

and why do you use a double apostrophe in

moving along........ :blown:

sweetie, you are friends with the guy, hence your thread.. End of story... You can't be objective....

If ralph rocked it so well last week, i dont understand why they would ask jon to be a guest, unless the amount of people in the club was lacking!!!:confused: Anyhow, i dont think they should tag team it due to the fact that they are two different djs... its not like it would be oscar g and ralph, or jon w/ luis d. for that matter, i guess we will have to wait a hear on friday, my vote goes to whoever, i trust both those guys with my nite of beats!!!!;)

I don't see how this can go wrong, both ralph and jon great djs and will give us amazing music. I don't care who is on at what time as long as the music is good, but i'll agree with rain on one point it would be great to have jon and ralph playing together for a while. And you all cursing each other out for this stuff is just plain stupid.

Originally posted by roxysandiego

I think Cowan should close or play until four at least. He is the guest DJ. Maze has no clue yet. :blank:

Your opinion means.............. S-H-I-T!

JC might do a better job working the restroom!

Carry on....:)

raincry if you are who i think you are then let me know who this asshole is that called you a bit*h and i will personally bench-press him with my fuckin pinky. then i will throw a drink in his fuckin face and beat him down like he owes me money. i haven't posted in a few weeks and this is what i encounter. damn this shit pisses me off. well anyways i have never heard ralph falcon so i don't know how he spins but i really dig jon cowan and i have been into his music for years. so my pick has to be jon.

Yo everybody wassup. Keep getting calls about these here posts goin on, so I thought i'd join in the ho down. I think this is the first time I've ever been the subject of a poll, but what da ya know, lifes full of fun n prizes, or is it surprises, or is it like a box of chocolates, whatever. First, I voted for myself cause I think I should support me. Tell yall what im gonna do though. If jon and his buds can pump up this here poll so's it could beat me, then, he could play till his lil heart is content. No prob there. And everyone could rejoice in jon's mind blowin set! yee haw!!!!! No one at Maze has thought it important enough to tell me what time I should play, so I'm gonna leave it up to this here poll to decide it. ITS UP TO YOU!!! THE PEOPLE!!! RISE UP AND ROCK THE VOTE!!!! this will be democracy's finest hour! or internet fraud's finest hour!!! it doesnt matter though cause we all win in the end. No but really in all honestly, and all kidding aside, I really hope jon wins cause I have a 7am flight to philly sat morning and I wanna catch a few zzz's before I head out , so please make a conscious decision went voting. Also, thanx to all that came out last friday to hear me spin...reallly... for real... thanx!!!

rf

guess how easy this will be gang!

why do you make it a drama and start a competion between them?:mad:

not cool.

They WILL BOTH play a substantial amount:tongue:

JON C. will be playing a lot at Maze as he will also be involved with bringing in guests.

so this will NOT be your ONLY chance to see him there.

R Falcon was A-mazing last Friday so we want him to continue the momentum. and yes he will be one of the residents.

so technically NEITHER of them are guests DJS at Maze.

so if i were you guys i wouldnt be too concerned over making polls or directing Dj sets. all i would do is go check them out and get smashed and be worry-free.

:idea:

if I cared, i might wanna see Cowan spin 2 for 2 with Ralph.

But this post seems to have transmutated into an attack on people.

everyone step back, take a deep breath and remember that we are all supposed to be friends.

No post should get people THAT worked up that they need to be assholes

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one...but some people seem to have TWO.