Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jon Cowan or Ralph Falcon

raincry

What's u'r choice? enlighten me =)  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What's u'r choice? enlighten me =)

• Jon Cowan doing the main set
    • Ralph Falcon doing the main set
    • 2 for 2

Well the last time I heard JC was at Space, one question, does he get fuct up before spinning or during? His selection was not bad but man was he having trouble putting them together. Train wrecks, skipping records, a couple of tunes just finished with dead air in-between.

Last time I heard shit like that at Space was a while back when Mr. Puig promoted the infamous "Louis Diaz vs Oscar G" night which sounded interesting the only problem was that Oscar was spinning at one of his residencies in Philly that night. Who Knew! Anyway LD was so blitzed, Roly had to relieve him of his duties after only a few mixes.

RF is no doubt my choice for the evening, a blinding selection along with spot-on mixing, AS USUAL.

Yo Mr, Falcon try to make these Miami Soul tracks happen somewhere in the evening..

1. Every now and then (I'm beginning to think you're a whore, you're a whore, you're a whore now)----You are a Genius!!

2. Flip-side of been a long time (wicked fricken ass drum track, even now that its 10 years old).

Cya Friday ole buddy..

;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow - just got up this morning and decided to check out the local cp board and found this.... what is this all about?? has it really come to this miami?? who cares basically - I agree with ralph - maze has not discussed it yet with us and I am sure they will decide and no matter what happens, the night will go off. why this has become a slandering forum, I don't know - whats the point? lets keep this positive people.. its not about a competition, its about fun, musical fun.. Ralph and I are both professionals, probably two of the few locals that have played all over the world for clubs like renaissance and cream.. bottom line - what ever the decision of maze is, thats who's choice this ultimately is, it's what we'll do and it will be great.. We have 7 hrs too work with people - I am sure the time will be split between us evenly and will work out for the best.. who cares who opens for who?? typically the resident plays then the guest and maybe the resident comes back maybe not but who really cares in this situation.. maybe we could even just split up the night so we both play spuratically throughout.. - who knows and who cares? there are a million ways too do it...

anyways - I am going to get back too looking forward too friday.. Eddy asked me a while back to play for his b-day and I am honered.. I am excited to play on maze's outstanding system, I am excited to play again for our local crowd, and I am excited too play alongside an outstanding dj like ralph.. cyou all on friday and thanks too those who showed me support... no matter how crazy this is..

best regards

Jon;)

It was never my intention to create a competition between these guys. I just thought it would have been nice to hear Jon spin a long set (but preferably 2 for 2). AGAIN, this is MY opinion and I wanted to see what everyone else thought. You are all free to express yours as well if you can manage to do it without the cheap shots, which, I foolishly got involved in.

Ralph, I hope you did not take offense to my post, dude. We all have our preferences as far as DJ’s are concerned. However, I am still looking forward to hearing your set tomorrow night however long or short it may be :)

Originally posted by vipangel

sounds to me like the topic starter pissed some people off on this discussion board, no offense.

heh, non taken....and frankly, i don't give a damn.

"to be loved is to be fortunate, to be hated is to achieve distinction."

Can't we all just get along? Don't get me wrong, I love a good discussion but this is overboard. Maze has been on the upswing lately, it is really good to see people chilln,' dancin, at a quality venue. The reason why it is so fun @ Maze is there has been very little drama, lets not ruin it.

Here is how my Friday will be. Go to Maze, and not park at the the bank on 20th so my vehicle will not get towed. Get there early to enjoy the martinis and celebrate. Listen to Jon and Ralph, or Ralph and Jon. it doesn't matter. Take some pictures. Dance my ass off. Head over to Lime Bar to chill with Matt and Oscar. Go back to Maze and repeat. Leave late and go someplace else.

That's not too hard, lets all join in.

Well an innocent question spiraled into drama. Gee, like that hasn't happened before.

Welcome to the board, Eric! hehe :) (i.e. it happens all the time!)

I'm a fan of both. I know both of the guys. That's why I voted for 2 for 2...be fun! But I'll have fun either way!

Originally posted by eddyguerra305

wow..this drama is crazy. how about every one comes out to my private martini party at maze in the vip and we all listen to the music and find out ho comes on first and who comes on second;)

that way we are all drunk, and enjoy the night:hat:

GOOD IDEA EDDY:D

quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by eddyguerra305

wow..this drama is crazy. how about every one comes out to my private martini party at maze in the vip and we all listen to the music and find out ho comes on first and who comes on second

that way we are all drunk, and enjoy the night

-tru dat.

These cats ain't no rookies & are not to be reckoned w/,

(Bugaman got yo back) lol

but more so

they are contributors to our evolving music!

have a nice set, hear ya theres!

hi everyone

woke up this morning and decided to take a look at this thread. No matter how crazy this thread is, I wanted too thank all of you for your support. I was shocked and overwealmed so I wanted too send out a great big THANKS~

see you all tonight

Jon:hat:

first off should be falcon! no offense but he's more a producer than the social dj. the only person jon opens for since groovejet is the elite such as pappa, seamen,slacker,deep dish in quite a few different countries i might add. hes got the records and the booty shaking ability with peak time proggy tunes..

Originally posted by decimate

first off should be falcon! no offense but he's more a producer than the social dj. the only person jon opens for since groovejet is the elite such as pappa, seamen,slacker,deep dish in quite a few different countries i might add. hes got the records and the booty shaking ability with peak time proggy tunes..

1st of all have you ever seen RF live

2nd were you at Maze last weekend :confused:

if you were at Maze last Fri. then I don't think you would be saying this because RF was down right SICK!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by decimate

First off youre a dweeb. nah just kidding, no for real you are, but more of a social dweeb. And don't get me angry or you'll be hearing my elite ass play the whole night. Ok, Looks like Jon pulled enough people out of bed to win this thing so I will honor it. Jonny boy will play the main set!!!!! yay!!I'll play from 11:00 to 1:30 or 2:00 a.m. depending what mood im in, then Jonny will take it from there with the "booty shaking abilty". And decimate, I wanna see you down there on the dance floor rockin some decimating booty shaking. OK, see yall there !

Oh I also wanted to plug our Aug 1st party at Pacha in Ibiza! OG and myself will be playing along side some guy called Steve Lawler and this other dude Pete Tong, never heard of them but I hear theyre pretty good. Anyway hope to see the whole CP crew out there. Maybe someone here could conduct a poll as to who will play the main set. Link me with the results and I'll be sure to foward it to the boys. You know what, nevermind that would be ridiculous.

rf

Oh I also wanted to plug our Aug 1st party at Pacha in Ibiza! OG and myself will be playing along side some guy called Steve Lawler and this other dude Pete Tong, never heard of them but I hear theyre pretty good. Anyway hope to see the whole CP crew out there. Maybe someone here could conduct a poll as to who will play the main set. Link me with the results and I'll be sure to foward it to the boys. You know what, nevermind that would be ridiculous.

rf

lol:laugh:

Originally posted by ralphfalcon

First off youre a dweeb. nah just kidding, no for real you are, but more of a social dweeb. And don't get me angry or you'll be hearing my elite ass play the whole night. Ok, Looks like Jon pulled enough people out of bed to win this thing so I will honor it. Jonny boy will play the main set!!!!! yay!!I'll play from 11:00 to 1:30 or 2:00 a.m. depending what mood im in, then Jonny will take it from there with the "booty shaking abilty". And decimate, I wanna see you down there on the dance floor rockin some decimating booty shaking. OK, see yall there !

rf

:laugh:

:laugh: ...i think i shat myself...:laugh:

- LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL -

I agree with ralph - this whole thing is ridiculos - a poll on who plays when on a public message board?? crazy fucking shit - like i said - the choice is up too maze - ralph, call me or email me - jon@blissproductions.com - you can get my numbers from eddy - we can do tonight how ever we want.. we'll just sort it between us.. Once again to everyone else - ralph and i both appreciate your support I am sure but stop.. this is and never should have been a competition.. how it turned into that I will never know... enough is enough already - tonight will be fun no matter who plays when.. Looking forward too tonight - see you all there

Jon

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rf

:eek: :eek: :clap: :clap:

man your the first Cuban from Dade County to ever lose an election/poll

Quick someone start the Stryke and RF poll for next week:rolleyes: :rolleyes::idea: