Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thinking about moving to Fart Lauderdale/Miami area in the fall...

Guest crystalmethodny

Guest crystalmethodny

Whats your general consensus Miami peeps?

Yay or Nay?

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

depends on your situation, with the way things are in NYC, if you need a change Miami has an up and coming club scene (talking about downtown) however the crowd doesn't compare to that "family" feeling you get in nyc, there still isn't really a local crowd that sticks together due to the transient nature of the area, most people come and go for one reason or another. Personally I think in the next couple of years the downtown scene in Miami is going to explode, the economy here is poised for growth, and if the jobs come, so will the peeps from the northeast, give it time. The weather is beautiful and unlike little d, I believe sunshine makes up for a lot. the winters in NYC depress me except for the holidays! Good Luck!

I'll agree with you there...NYC winters depress me. That's why I came here smile.gif.

Though the NY family feeling only goes so far...they loathe new people worse than Miami does...

------------------

Add +175 to my message count!

The debate continues, It is hard to find quality people but the same goes for NYC/NJ. What it really comes down to is population, there are always going to be more choices with in a metro area with 20 million people- NYC is the capital of the World afterall, comparing Miami to NYC is just unfair, it depends on personal preference, but you can find good people here in Miami, you just have to look a little harder- life is what you make it- if you stay positive it should work out whether you are in Miami, NYC, or some God awful place like Boise or Philly-(God Forbid) LOL-

It's not where your from or where your at- It's all a state of mind!!

hmmm, interesting question. sometimes, i absolutely love it here and other times im like WTF (hey d-lov that song!) why in

hell did i move down here. just depends on the day, month, etc.

ya, we have nice weather BUT who really wants sunny weather 24/7? change is good...

personally, i think it would be unfair to compare miami to nyc. its a whole different world down here in fantasy land. first, its hard to meet nice quality people- there is no loyality what-so-ever. second, the nightlife cant even come close to up north---sorry pulse... i dont ever think miami will be able to touch what nyc has in terms of clubs, bars, theater, museums, restaurants, and the overall general vibe (yes folks, there is life beyond the club scene) third, good jobs/salary is hard to find even if you have a college degree.

really think b/4 you make choice. cause i think you might end up disappointed!

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by bebeskeeber:

Steve- You should be here already; what happened! Don't question your instincts and just move it! Or at least make it down for WMC so you can make your final decision............!!!!!!!!!

Hey...

I know, sometimes I should have just gone with my gut feeling. I will be down there for the WMC OF COURSE! My magazine (Extreme Groove) has a hand in a few parties down there, along with sister magazines of Keyboard, EQ, Mc2...

To Bebe: Who are you?? smile.gif

To everyone else: Thanks for the opinions and advice.

biggrin.gif

Sup Little D you cutie!

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Archived