Clubplanet Nightlife Community

friends that don't return calls

weyes

there are people that don't like to talk on the phone, people who have a different schedule from me, and people who are legitimately busy. i'm not talking about them. but i have one friend who never calls me back or answers my calls, unless we're talking about going out the next night or the same night.

*when i hang out with him, i can spend weekends with him, for 3 days at a time, even, so it's not as though i'm just a party friend.

*we have had long phone conversations before; it's not as though we wouldn't have anything to talk about. that's especially true because i only see him once or twice a month (he lives kinda far away).

*he's not interested in me romantically; he's gay.

*he'll talk at length with other people; i've seen him.

*he checks his caller id; i've seen him.

so why is he ducking me? i even leave specific messages sometimes when i need some information (when is X dj coming to town) and i can't find it myself and he won't call. he doesn't have a computer, so i have to wait till he gets to work, and if i wanna talk to him or communicate at all on a friday, i can't get word back till monday night, etc.

of course, you guys can't give me the specfics, but what can you gather, from what i've said?

Originally posted by weyes

of course, you guys can't give me the specfics, but what can you gather, from what i've said?

Damn that's annoying :worry2:

Have you told him about this? Even in a joking manner, ask him "hey xxx, do you get my messages, because i keep leaving you some and you never respond?"

Unless he lives far away, or is one of those "work-school" busybodies, i don't see why he can't simply get back to you, even for 5 min :confused:

thanks, you guys; i think i will just ask him about it, in an offhand way. and i'll just mention that i was looking for an answer to a question - no big deal.

Originally posted by magellanmax

Maybe he gets nervous around you and over time he's started to see you differently.....maybe feel different too....You sure you wanna find out?... I say, 'let the sleeping dogs lie'....

And if this aint the case.... No xmas gifts for him..:D

not with you on this one, mm. i spent all last weekend at his house, and we had a grand old time :D . i wasn't planning to stay that long, either; it just seems to happen that way a lot. time runs away from us and he'll say, at some point, "when do you have to be at work tomorrow?" and it ends up being one more night there. his place is the perfect case-in-point for "time flies when you're having fun"; hours go by in what seem like minutes. and i get the best sleep ever when i'm there...

but i digress. anyhoo, he still hasn't answered the question to which i need an answer, so he'll be hearing from me somehow; maybe i'll allude to it in an e-mail :) .

o, i e-mailed him. he answered my question and just gave me the "busy, busy" routine. he mentioned some parties coming up and whatnot... same e-mails we usually have. i think if i really feel like pressing him on this, which i may not, i'll talk to him about it when i next see him in person.