Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Real Space 34 Report

sobe2003

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sobe2003

I'm not about propaganda - many people on this board bitch about everything - dress, music, shoes and not enough girls.

Although I don't have 1,000,000 posts and mostly read this board - you never hear me bitch about MAZE - the poor man's Carnival Cruise disco.

Wherever you party - its you, the individual, who makes your time good or bad.

Your first point is right on.....I am not sure about the Maze comment

:confused:

One more thing, I also think it's horrible how some people on this board, keep making demeaning comments about local djs....if you dont like someone, fine then say it or you dont enjoy their music choice/mixing, thats a personal choice as well.........but dont keep rambling on and on about the DJ .,....ENOUGH ALREADY

Originally posted by norahmiami

One more thing, I also think it's horrible how some people on this board, keep making demeaning comments about local djs....if you dont like someone, fine then say it or you dont enjoy their music choice/mixing, thats a personal choice as well.........but dont keep rambling on and on about the DJ .,....ENOUGH ALREADY

This is "the saleen" territory. You've been warned!

Originally posted by sobe2003

I'm not about propaganda - many people on this board bitch about everything - dress, music, shoes and not enough girls.

Although I don't have 1,000,000 posts and mostly read this board - you never hear me bitch about MAZE - the poor man's Carnival Cruise disco.

Wherever you party - its you, the individual, who makes your time good or bad.

<---- don't for get lighting....

j/k

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by georgeacasta2

get her saleen!!!!!

naw, shes a confused little broad that wants more seats at the club...

shes not worth my wrath..

Originally posted by saleen351

naw, shes a confused little broad that wants more seats at the club...

shes not worth my wrath..

:clap:

and that's just a taste of what "the saleen" is capable of... Get out of here with your tail between your legs before "the saleen" changes his mind!

(the crowd is chanting saleen's name like a gladiator in rome)

Originally posted by pod

First of all, it's muffled in the VIP area because there's no speakers there...duh. I may have a background in sound reinforcement, but any moron could figure that out. If you'd get your ass out of VIP and onto the dancefloor, you'd hear the systems there for what they are. Stop sitting there like you earn 200+K a year and you'll see.

Besides, the VIPs are not there for the music....kind of like you seem to be.

I imagine even with your higher education, you read Ocean Fucking Drive like it's the Bible, and pine for the old days of South Beach when unless you were personal friends with Chris Paciello, you had to wait outside any decent club for at least a half hour to get in. Either that, or you just moved down here and are basing your attitude off of what you saw on Wild on E!.

Maze is a decent club that is seeking to change the status quo on South Beach. By virtue of it's location off the beaten path, it can...I've been there many a time since the grand opening, and have seen it struggle to get 50 people inside on a Friday, to now where they have a full dancefloor in both rooms. Maze may cater to what I bet you call the proletariat (OK I'm showing off my higher education, fucktard...), but it is sorely needed on the beach...I've been down here for quite awhile now and have gotten sick and tired of the holier-than-thou VIP attitude that too many clubs try to get away with...

The CP membership doesn't always ask for free admission...there's certain nights where the clubs can't do it, and they know that. The logic behind their request is that most clubs have arrangments already through their own websites, or websites like .cooljunkie., so it isn't a problem for Biz or whomever to just extend a list here. Not everyone is like you and lives in the Portofino and drives a Lexus either, so guestlist is a convenient way to save some cash. Not that it helps too much, I myself usually blow the 20 bucks i save inside on drinks :).

As for Roland, I'd like you to name a local DJ in his class who is better than he is. If you say Cedric Gervais I'll hunt you down and kill you.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pod will shut you the fuck down like Hannibal Lechter!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Sobe2003 is the one who gets on this forum when everytime Ivanno gets bashed. That is why she is hating on Roly, she sees everyone going off to roly's music and when linguini goes on its blahhhh. I don't like Ivanno's music but I have never come on here and written about it. Your statement out of the blue is one of personal jealousy and of insecurity. I have worked at space in the past and roly is definitely a favorite there and nobody listens to the resident dj's more than employees do. If you think the people on this board are tired of Ivanno, you should hear what the people that work there think of him. :laugh:

jfromspace: If you read you will notice that I did not say one word about Ivano. I was accused of spreading "propaganda" and actually what you wrote is actually my point: 85% of you jump up and down about the same rants. All I wrote was that 34 was going off on Sat/Sun - and got jumped for it.

Saleen: I am not agree with alot that you say, but at least I will complement you for staying true to yourself and being original.

POD: I think that you are more like the "comunista" than the "proliterait" you spewed about. No one cares about the X-497 sound system and the T-890 light bulbs - we care about the music. You challenged me on MAZE - and this moron answered you - you asked me about what better local dj's there were - and I can still hear the "crickets" in the background from your silence. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: ?????

A few of you laid out the challenge - and the bottom line is that I answered it. Some of you need to get a life and try to enjoy yourself when you go out instead of taking a notepad with you every time you hit a club to nitpick on every little flaw. Otherwise stay home and watch A3 so you can critique the videos and programming on there.

My silence is the fact that I have a life outside of Clubplanet and was away from my desk for 28 hours.

Nobody cares about the sound system and lighting array because most places in town do it right and people don't notice, since the sound is well-done. People notice when it's bad basically...what's the saying...do something right, and no one remembers, do something wrong, and no one forgets?

I singled out your comment on that because your comment about the maze sound system was just wrong. You said it sounded muffled in VIP, and I explained why it did, since the speakers face away from it for the most part. I'll gladly admit to being one of the few tech-geeks on this board....but in all honesty, it serves me well...club owners and technicians do ask me my opinion on their systems...

If you're gonna be running around the beach screaming "Nerd!!!" like some pale Ogre imitation, that's fine with me. Just go back to your job as an accountant or whatever and leave the board alone.

As for the propaganda aspect, you've only popped onto the board to do that it seems, first with Ivano, now with Space 34. But with Space 34, they don't need your propaganda, it's a great club and will speak for itself....grant it, there's issues, and they are being addressed, and I'm sure the solution is not going to be your liking, and you'll be confined to VIP so you don't bump elbows with the commoners.

I still hear crickets on the challenge you put out there on any better local dj's than Roland. You tried to slam me b/c my opinions may differ than yours and some of your "mafia".

Stick to your expertise in the field you are in and learn to respect others opinons instead of bashing them. You may learn a thing or two.

Umm no one said Roland was the best local DJ. Even he will acknowledge that Greg and Oscar are more skilled than he is...what I and others are just coming down on you for is that the insult was unwarranted...it's not as if he was playing hip-hop or something.

Roland is far from being bad though...he's got a major label CD on deck, and a solid party at Space 34.

I'll respect your opinions, sure, but your whole tone from the get go was one of a propaganda machine...and you didn't respect the opinions of others yourself. Some people on this board like to look like a million bucks when they go out, others choose to look like 50 bucks...should it really matter?

There was never an insult to Roland - he obviously has talent as he has been at Space since the beginning. I personally don't like him nor do I like MAZE - but you don't see me on here every week spewing about how much they suck.

The fact is that if anyone has an opinion other than the majority - he or she is told they know nothing about music or only want to be seen in Ocean Drive Mag or hang out in the VIP.

From the many posts I've read from you, it is obvious that you are not dumb. My entire point is that WE ALL can learn to respect others opinions. This should be a forum to spread knowledge.