Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Let the misery begin...

copahc

Originally posted by copahc

I'm going on Atkins. I need to drop about 15 lbs. Right now I weigh the most I ever have in my life :(

I don't know what happened :confused:

Good luck hun... Atkins can be rough... And when you are done with the diet. DONOT go right back to eating carbs during every meal you will put the weight right back on. You have to slowly get your body used to it.

Originally posted by elementx

Good luck hun... Atkins can be rough... And when you are done with the diet. DONOT go right back to eating carbs during every meal you will put the weight right back on. You have to slowly get your body used to it.

Tell me about it... that's what happened last time I went on Atkins. I think I gained more weight afterwards than I actually lost.

How do I transition so that doesn't happen???

Tell me about it... that's what happened last time I went on Atkins. I think I gained more weight afterwards than I actually lost.

How do I transition so that doesn't happen???

When you decide that you are at your desired weight just start going back to carbs slowly. Just eat carbs in Moderation...

What happens is your body kinda forgets how to break down the carbs because you are depriving your body of it completely. So if you jump right back into it you will gain it back right away.

MODERATION... Same with any other diet. Everyone makes the same mistake...

What I am doing for the summer is ( Mon - Fri ) I limit my carbs. I will only eat carbs in the AM. Like for breakfast. Then the rest of the day I eat mostly protein filled foods. This way my body loses some extra body fat but it does not forget how to break down the carbs... :D

Originally posted by elementx

What I am doing for the summer is ( Mon - Fri ) I limit my carbs. I will only eat carbs in the AM. Like for breakfast. Then the rest of the day I eat mostly protein filled foods. This way my body loses some extra body fat but it does not forget how to break down the carbs... :D

Is that working?

Is that working?

It works. But not nearly as fast... But I have come to the realization I will never be " Ripped " I dont think my genetics allow it...

See I dont know if you ever read the ATKINS book. But it explains it in a scientific way.

In order to do the ATKINS and have it work the way it is supposed to. Like losing 40 lbs in a month and a half. You have to cut out carbs 100%. I mean you cannot have any...

There is a process that your body begins ( Dunno the name Ketosis possibly ) when it is completely deprived of the carbs. But if you have even the smallest amount of carbs it stops this process and does not burn the fat as fast...

So it really depends on how fast you want to lose it.