Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CROBAR MIAMI WANTS YOU

rachel1997

Yes and they and/or the promotors of some of those events have chosen to charge an exorbiant amount for many of their parties.

gee, how comfy does everyone feel dropping $40-$50 for entry fee???????????

total dogs bollocks...

crobar and the djs and promotors should be horribly ashamed of themselves for charging these fees. The WMC hosts thousands of people who spend hundreds of dollars each on airfare, hundreds on hotels, and then to get gouged at the door by greedy assholes, for shame.

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

The price of powder must be currently on the rise...

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Hey I totally agree w you noira...Those fkn prices are short from INSANE! I mean, if it was a once in a lifetime thing, having amazing talent when nobody else does, or somn totally off season... I would maybe consider it, but charging those prices during WMC is just fkn greedy!! We'll be bouncing from venue to venue, night after night to catch all these DJ's perform, and thes mofos wanna drain my funds like thirsty vampires!

C'mon ppl, it's all about the Music!! FKN corporate America is taking over this shit...

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

s_shot%202.jpgsaloop2.gifs_shot8.jpg

Its amazing how much club-goers will complain that they don't get to hear certain djs play, then when they come to town complain about the cover charges. In Europe cover charges are typically $30-$50 and people don't complain, It has nothing to do with Crobar price gouging, it has to do with the fact that a dj line-up such as the ones they have are expensive and justify the cover charges. Honestly if you can't afford it maybe you should be staying home.

Originally posted by thepulse:

Its amazing how much club-goers will complain that they don't get to hear certain djs play, then when they come to town complain about the cover charges. In Europe cover charges are typically $30-$50 and people don't complain, It has nothing to do with Crobar price gouging, it has to do with the fact that a dj line-up such as the ones they have are expensive and justify the cover charges. Honestly if you can't afford it maybe you should be staying home.

In Europe, you pay the equivalent of $30-$50 to go to Creamfields, or some such with 10-15 of some of the best talent for hours on end - or pay $20-25 USD to hear 6-8 hours of a set that Digweed, Sasha or the like would NEVER spin stateside.

here you pay $40 to hear one of them spin for maybe 2 hours a set of records that have the U.S. stamp of approval on them, cause they've learned from experience that the US audidence likes tried and true, not new and cool.

That's the reality...

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

pulse > I here you bro. the price of entertainment just keeps getting higher and higher. just means you have to be selective; to ensure you get your monies worth....

peace,

sobeton cwm32.gif

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 03-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 03-14-2001).]

Archived