Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A recreation of "Life" (a local lounge coming in May)

biznation00

Originally posted by biznation00

I remember sneakin’ in to Marino’s on Thursdays & Cameo Sunday nights.

I used to LOVE thursdays and sundays, marino's and cameo combo. One of my all time favs.

We've been frequenting the same places for many many years.

Originally posted by biznation00

I remember the days of big hair... When the fish net stockings where the hot chick trend & I walked around feelin’ like a bad boy in my rockstar leather pants during the summer, just cuz it was the cool thing to do at the time. I was never "weird” enough to try the "punk" black eye liner, but I did overdo the hairspray & spiked hair thing (guess that explains the thinning ozone layer).

Back then in the 80's the music was bold & outspoken… Drivin’ around (or being driven by mom), jammin’ out to bands like The Clash, The Cure, The Smiths, any band that started with the word “The” & Duran Duran topped Casey’s top-40 chart. How bout’ James Brown & the smooth hip hop-jazzy stylings of Digable planets & a Tribe called quest, remember them?? Ahh, but how could I forget hot sex to the sounds of Depeche Mode, back when you’d have to jump out of the back seat to rewind the tape cuz factory car CD players only came stock with Beammers & Volvos (I never owned one).

So it’s the 21st century now & I still think back to the nights I spent @ Marsbar, The Edge, Rebar. I remember sneakin’ in to Marino’s on Thursdays & Cameo Sunday nights. Back when the door guys didn’t have attitude, the girls didn’t care to flaunt their Louis Vutton purses or stain their Prada shoes & u couldn’t quite figure out why every Friday/Saturday/Sunday you’d wake up hung over to the same glass of water, Aspirins, a raw egg & a less than fuzzy idea of what happened the night before...

Those were the days.. I miss them much, but I gotta funny feeling that “Life” will re-create the cycle all over again… ;)

attachment.php?postid=1441136

Biz, youre a tremendo storyteller. par carajo. :eek:

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I used to LOVE thursdays and sundays, marino's and cameo combo. One of my all time favs.

Now I know why I think you are such a great guy!!

Long live Retro, Disco & ol' skool funk!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

TALKING ABOUT DISCO INFERNOS I WAS ONE OF THE HOST BACK IN 1992 TO 95 ON SUNDAYS 18 YEARS OLD UP IN THE DJ BOOTH WITH GEORGE JETT AND JACK DE MATAS LISTENING TO THE CROWD SINGIN YMCA THE STORIES I HAVE OF THOSE DAYS NOW STILL IN SCENE AND SEEING HOW FAR MUSIC HAS COME IS UNBELIVABLE:rolleyes:

I'll support Jimmy T where ever he goes, and Im sure with the Guerra's and Biz, the place will be a winner.

But I really hate to see downtown and the grove watering down the scene. One of the best aspects of the beach is having most of the clubs in such a close proximity. If we lose that, it will be another blow for Miami.

But best of luck to you all, nice to see a place with quality top to bottom management besides crobar.

now if Phrank could just get some deck time!!!!

I would add sloppy joe's to that list that place use to be a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue: