Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Madonna GIVING the SHAFT!!!!

G_id254fid1.jpg

It seems that Madonna’s new American Life album is somewhat less than a hit with the critics, despite the cleverly orchestrated pre-release controversy about her anti-Bush video.

Now, the pressure may be getting to her, as Mrs. Ritchie lashes out at fans who want to “try before they buy†and download some of her new tracks online.

In a growing trend, tracks from new albums routinely make their way online, via peer-to-peer file-sharing services, weeks or months before the albums hit stores. The recording industry blames such file-trading for a global drop in CD sales (ignoring such factors as mediocre music and $17.99 price tags on new releases).

For a while now, some musicians and record companies have attempted to outfox file-traders by uploading “dummy†files to networks. These files have the same name and file size as the real MP3s, but often contain only static, a looped snippet of the song in question or a spoken message telling you to go buy the album.

Already known for being outspoken, Madonna takes it to the next level, as she and her record company, Warner Brothers, have flooded online file-trading networks with phony decoy files. Playing these tracks reveals no music, just a loop of Madonna saying, “What the fuck do you think you are doing?â€

In apparent response to her message to fans, hackers apparently were able to deface her website, Madonna.com, this past weekend. Visitors were briefly treated to a revamped version of the site, where under the quote, “This is what the fuck I think I'm doing," the hackers posted MP3s of the entire album.

The site was quickly taken down, but not before thousands of people were able to download the MP3s.

"People have the ability to do things like this now, but an artist has a right to try and protect her music also," says a Madonna rep. "In any case, a lot of people were out buying her record today so I guess she'll be able to pay her rent this month.

G_id254fid4.jpg

I DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT- DO YOU?

-liqid

Guest beatjunkie

If the other trax are anything like that God aweful American Life-- that shit should be given out for free. The lyrics to american life are as someone else so eloquently put it "dry as stale ritz crackers". I have to agree on that one, fo' sho'. :peeleft: