Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Going out on the weekend w/out ur bf-gf.....

Well, we're usually attached at the hip, so since we've met, I haven't gone out yet without him. However, he's working all weekend and I'm probably going out to a loft party tomorrow night. He's happy that I have something to do and won't be sitting around bored. My ex on the other hand would freak out whenever I went out without him... that untrusting attitude and possessiveness was a huge reason why he's now my ex.

That's the situation I have.....The guy has never really voiced that he doesn't want me going out.....But lets say for example I go out on a Friday night w/ my girlfriends.....I'll usually call him Saturday in the morning..tell him about my night, see what his plans are for the day etc...but he will make plans w/ his friends & blow me off completely (no phone call or nothing when I in turn contact him even if we aren't seeing each other)....He thinks it get sme mad what he does but I don't mind @ all.....I just thought maybe I was at fault in the first place

My boyfriend and I spend sooo much time with each other... but if one of us wants to go out on the weekend without the other we don't really care. It's kind of refreshing to spend some time away from eachother.

It seems like we still do hang out together alot, even when we go out on the weekends. I think it's because we have a lot of common friends.

i think that one's ability to go out w/out the significant other sais alot about the relationship and the love and trust involved. You obviously have to balance it out, but if you spend the week together and your girls (or his guys) want to go out for a night of fun (innocent fun i mean..lol) than by all means do it! I think if you can do that, and your happy that the other one is happy out and having a good time, your relationship is healthy one, and one with trust.

I do hear you though, sometimes its hard to tell your bf.. "ummm.. i'm going out with the girls" because maybe he was expecting to hang out with you and might feel slightly hurt.. but that's where good communication comes in.. which is another thread in and of itself...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by sweetie029

Just a quick ?......Those of you who have a bf/gf do you go out on the weekends (not both days but either a friday or saturday) w/out your significant other ?? & If you do does it bother them ?? Just curious...

sometimes if there is something interesting to do, and my girl is completley cool with it.

You should be able to go out with your girlies one night without the man. Especially if you call him the next day.

Ideally it would be great if the both of you could separately go out on the same night, and then plan to see each other the next. But we know that doesn't always happen.

Let him know that it's fun and important for you to still go out with your girlies, but that you don't want to stop going out with him ;)

Originally posted by sweetie029

Just a quick ?......Those of you who have a bf/gf do you go out on the weekends (not both days but either a friday or saturday) w/out your significant other ?? & If you do does it bother them ?? Just curious...

My bf doesn't mind at all if I go out w/my friends....sometimes he'll join us if we're going in a big group, but if it's just the girls, he'll usually stay in or go out w/his friends....occassionally he'll tag along w/the girls :laugh: which is always fun :)

It's never really been an issue w/us - we trust each other :)