Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a lesson..

sgtfury

ever since I have been on the miami board, I have heard people complain about various things regarding the miami club scene..many people complain about the dress codes, man/woman ratio entrance policies, music etc...I myself have voiced my displearsures in some of the club's door policies and music....Tune1 started one month ago at Salvation...its goal was to provide great music and a cool door policy...after one month, it is no more...why?..poor attendance...a good lesson to be learned here is that its not enough to complain about something...you have to do something about it....a alternative was offered to miami clubbers and it was not supported..its a shame.

I agree with you....most of us just bitch and moan about the scene yet we dont support an alternative when it is offered to us.We act as if we are cattle and end up in the same places that we complain about.

However.....

I attended Tune1, the first week at Salvation.I loved the fact that there was no dress code..and I loved the space and sound system...BUT....I must say I hated the music!!! It was very Power 96...and I think this also reflected on the crowd that was there. Alot of young, Power 96 lovin', raver kids.I respect each individual's right to their own taste in music, so I'm not putting them down, it's just not my preference..and that's what ruined Tune1 for me...

George Alvarado and David Padilla seemed like a strange pairing to begin with...I never even got to hear Padilla..I couldnt bear to wait for him..would have been cool to have somebody build up to Padilla instead of playing all the cheesy anthems...

Thats just my opinion I could be wrong!!! smile.gif

PEACE

It coulda succeeded...I rarely saw a flyer for it though...aside from here, not very many people knew about it. Most people hear Salvation, and their reaction is 'Oh that gay club back aways?' or something to that effect. It needed a better location, and better promoting. Maybe a new club even...there's some empty spots still on the beach, and of course downtown is ripe...

Plus like any other place on the beach, it has to compete with that titan across the causeway smile.gif...

I aint gonna reveal my sources, but, I do believe that DP's parting with both Space and Fuel had to do with money...here's something else I heard throught the grapevine..(from a very reliable source)..supposedly Edgar V was told by Luis Puig that he is not bringing in enough people into Space and that he was given a pay cut....I dont know if it was in regards to friday or sat afterhours....man, I would love to see Padilla take over saturday afterhours....what a combo..Oscar G the Padilla!!!

No way dude, I'm glad Edgar V is there now he's a great DJ and I think he's perfect for the vibe that is in space now. I also think Bo Griffen's fat body could be used in a pinata capicity. Maybe hung in the middle of the red room with her whole body covered in glitter so she can scare all the clubbers into being straight before they drive home for the night.

Originally posted by sgtfury:

I would love to see Padilla take over saturday afterhours....what a combo..Oscar G the Padilla!!!

I agree fury.. an Oscar G / Padilla combo would be insane. an Oscar G / Padilla / Edgar V combo would be outta control....

peace, sobeton cwm32.gif

------------------

sobeton.jpg

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 04-04-2001).]

I could defenitly see where he's coming from. Poor supporting cast drive's good DJ's away, just look at Luis Diaz. Little supporting cast during the dwindeling dying days at Groove Jet. He would have loved to take reins at Crobar, it just didn't happen. He moved back up to NY, which wasn't a bad move, he's now a resident in Twilo.

------------------

R.I.T.M.sig.gif

Respect the Floori.d.a. scene!

boiler_bursting_md_wht.gif

Welcome to the Boiler Room

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

-------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

-------------------------

Archived