Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's a good job in South Beach?? Need Help!

buccafm

Hey everyone in Miami. I just got back from SoBe, attended the WMC for the first time and absolutely loved it. I love Sobe and i would love to move down there, but what's a good job to have down there where you can make lots of $$ but also love your job at the same time??? Any ideas?? Thanks! smile.gif

Hey, I also just attended the WMC & had a great time.

But as for jobs in South Beach, it seems like the main way of making money actually living on South Beach would be bartending or waiting tables. Since the drive into the city of Miami, is not far from South Beach, having an office job in the city could also be a possibility.

Hope this helps & maybe you'll get some more responses from people who actually live down there. But I do remember seeing many help-wanted signs in the boutiques also.

------------------

india222@hotmail.com

Tinkerbell-01.gif

All joking aside, Miami can be a tough town. I can't imagine living in South Beach; I've never even bothered to check it out. Most of the little apartments around there look like total hellholes to me, and the half-decent ones look like they probably cost too much. The hellholes are probably expensive, too. I don't know what jobs are available in SoBe other than waiting tables and junk. It's actually probably not a bad gig, waiting tables in a "playground of the rich"......some of these 18 year old girls probably make a lot more money than I do, and I have a bachelors degree in business. I honestly couldn't see living in SoBe on my salary. Actually, I can't see living anywhere half decent in Miami on my salary, I live at home. Make an informed decision; don't just jump down here because you had a good time during the WMC. The weather was exceptional that weekend.....it's not always like that. It gets much, much hotter, and it rains on a REGULAR basis from May-October. It's hot and steamy. Serious hurricanes threaten, and sometimes hit (see August, 1992) Of course, we also tend to have something of a shallow society down here, generally - this place is all about looks, money, money, and oh yeah......money. I can see why someone would fall in love with Miami upon visiting, though. I'd probably do the same. I only live here because I was born here, and can't find anything better in the USA.....and I also hate being cold. hehe cwm10.gif

Originally posted by buccafm:

Hey everyone in Miami. I just got back from SoBe, attended the WMC for the first time and absolutely loved it. I love Sobe and i would love to move down there, but what's a good job to have down there where you can make lots of $$ but also love your job at the same time??? Any ideas?? Thanks! smile.gif

buccafm> miami can be a tough town. so can most cities in the country . miami is still a growing city; with that comes growing pains. With reference to living on the beach; it is quite possible to find affordable housing; that is not a “hell hole”. as with most things; it takes a little time and effort to find what is suitable for you. since I moved to the beach over 4 years ago, I have seen significant changes. personally, I could not in vision myself living any place else in miami. the astrosphere on the beach; is quiet different from living in the city. living on the beach you have basically everything in your backyard, beaches, great restaurants & cafes, performing arts centers (Lincoln road theater, Jackie Gleason, etc), a brand new multiplex theatre, several parks, the ability to just stroll and enjoy your surroundings, etc. living on the beach does require that you be rich; in order to enjoy and take advantage of your surroundings. weather in miami is not always perfect; but hell, I will take it over any city in country. With reference to jobs on the beach, unless you want to work in the hospitality industry the jobs are few and far between. I live on the beach, and work in miami. if you are a working professional, you will more then likely have to venture off the beach. haven been born and raised in new york; I must say I still miss it. however, I enjoy my life here in miami.. if you in fact; do decide to make the move to miami. I would be more then happy to supply you with a list of recruiters and apartment hunters. Just shoot me a pm..

peace, sobeton

cwm32.gif

------------------

sobeton.jpg

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 04-03-2001).]

Prostitution is doing really well down here or you can try working for the city as a garbage man or woman. How about the custodial trade....I have heard some wonderful things about that field. I hope I helped...good luck on your job hunting.

Sobeton, thanks for the advice and also to everyone else. I would take the Miami weather over this sucky Philly weather anytime. I am aware that the jobs in SoBe are mainly bartending or waiting tables, I should have been more specific. I know if I did move to Miami, I would have to work in downtown Miami. I have a BS degree in Biology and want to go back to school for International Business. I already speak Italian, and I would most def take up Spanish, being that the population there is waht, 51% latino. I'm just keeping my options open. Sobeton, where do you live on the beach??

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, you can live in SOFL almost anywhere around Miami / Hollywood / Ft. Lauderdale and still and have access & enjoy SOBE!!

If you are serious about this,

Send your resume...

That way I can tell you what would fit and where to look.

If you have little to no "real" job experience then you can expect to suffer a little while until you find the righ hook up. Down here it's always about "who you know"

Peace cwm11.gif

------------------

B-sideBanner.gif

The DJ From Another Planet ™

Archived