Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NORTHERN vs. southern Jerz...discuss

I'll just be brief with this one, and some one fill me in as to whether this has been discussed before, but I like "talking" about the differences between nort' and south Jersey. I'm sure there's a huge list, but how many times does someone asks you, "where you from?"....NEVER do you respond with just say "jersey"...it always has to be "nort' jersey."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

central jerz?!? i thought everything north of the Raritan bridge is considered north, and everything below that is south.

BTW - we need to get a list going...my brain's fried right now, so I can't think of anything.

Originally posted by bigsteve8

Central in the house. . .monmouth county, exit 105 here. . . right in the middle of the fukkin state from north to bottom. North, no I ain't no guido, south no i don't live in the friggin pine barrens. CENTRAL!

thats what im sayin :D

North Jersey is where its at. South jersey is the sticks and the weirdo's lol

and i think central jersey was a term invented by rutgers students because before i got to RU i never knew there was a central jersey. The south jersey people think anything above 100 on the parkway is north and the north people thing anything past exit 10 on the turnpike is south, so they just made up this 'central' thing to describe where they are going to college lol

i swear you have no idea what your saing when you say

NORTH nj---

sorry if that sounded harsh:cool:

anyway yea

uhh NOrth?

ur not even close yet bro--

travel another 1.5 hrs + and youll get tto my area of NORTH nj

after me is about 600 feet and then the NJ state forest "Stokes forest"

after the forest is PA

about 15 mins up the hill (RT 23) from my place is HIGHPOINT

now tell me again about South jerzy being HICKS VILL:laugh:

i got more cows then ppl in this place LOL

theres actual MILK farms

corn fields

and all that..

anyone need to go to a HORSE FARM!!!

theres even a place here that you can actually buy

ONE HALF of a cow

( so u can do whatever you want with the meat) OMG thats gross

yea so

im in North (WAYYY NORTH)

just to add referance

if u get onto rt23 north at WILLOWBROOK MAL

its still one hour before you get to my place

actually part of the reason i came up here was cause i was living in saddlebrook-

it was costing about 1500 a month to live in a 5 room cape style home

1 floor

and HOT AS HELL all year round-

but here it works out to about 1500 a month

for 11 rooms

2 floors

and i pay some more for all the land i have around me as well-

no thanks

ill leave "civilization" areas for my partying:laugh:

but this place is good to me

Originally posted by tizbone

I'll just be brief with this one, and some one fill me in as to whether this has been discussed before, but I like "talking" about the differences between nort' and south Jersey. I'm sure there's a huge list, but how many times does someone asks you, "where you from?"....NEVER do you respond with just say "jersey"...it always has to be "nort' jersey."

south jersey = hicks

north jersey = upper class

north jersey goes to south jersey in the summer and we spend our money. This is how we keep south jersey alive.

wow......someone whip out a map!

lemme break it down~ Central Jerz is between Seagrit....and Manahwakin, thats right...toms river, brick, Pt., bayville, jackson, long branch etc....thats central jerz...

Below exit 54 is nothing but the sticks, lots of trees, towns named after indian tribes and crazy 609 people....I think its amazing how different the 3 zones....as i call them...are from eachother. I grew up in Lakewood and now go to school Bergen county...my family grew up in Clark and Westfield..but i was in shock after a month...north jersey people are ALWAYS on the go...they cant sit the fuck down and chill sometimes,..theyre always willing to pay w/e price for shit they buy...they drive too fast...and i really think everyone here has a bmw 3 series...i <3 it tho lol...im moving to weehawken to live on the wata.

haha...........notice north jersey people all say north jersey is better but don't have one good reason.......ingnorance at its finest...........most of you people are probably from the suburbs anyway so give me a break.

:laugh:

Originally posted by tyco

haha...........notice north jersey people all say north jersey is better but don't have one good reason.......ingnorance at its finest...........most of you people are probably from the suburbs anyway so give me a break.

You cant be serious....one good reason...i can give you a hundred...

You cant compare bein close to the city and bein close to Philly...

I got 3 good malls w/in 20 min of my house.....

I can be in NYC in 30 min at nite...yet i still got a driveway and a backyard and trees in my neighborhood....

Everything you need is close by...aka strip malls

The food is better up north

The girls are hotter

The clubs are....well we have clubs in north jersey...so thats enough right there

Central Jersey aint too bad either... but if you think there arent any real reasons why its better up here your kidding yourself

Originally posted by babyfacewrior

I can be in NYC in 30 min at nite...yet i still got a driveway and a backyard and trees in my neighborhood....

The girls are hotter

The clubs are....well we have clubs in north jersey...so thats enough right there

Central Jersey aint too bad either... but if you think there arent any real reasons why its better up here your kidding yourself

Very very true.....also, the cost of living is much higher in North Jersey - obviously bc it's better up here :D

The girls are hotter

okay those reasons are all legitimate but they don't really do much justice because I live in central jersey and can say all of the same things............let's go through it.

"You cant compare bein close to the city and bein close to Philly..." - I live closer to NY than Philly.

"I got 3 good malls w/in 20 min of my house....." - I've got 4.

"I can be in NYC in 30 min at nite...yet i still got a driveway and a backyard and trees in my neighborhood...." - same here

"Everything you need is close by...aka strip malls" - I can't tell you how many strip malls are right near my house.

"The food is better up north" - that makes no sense........there's good and bad food everywhere in jersey......prove it.

"The girls are hotter" - huh? once again, prove it.........there's hot girls everywhere in jersey and uglies everywhere.........it has nothing to do with geography. Dumb statement.

"The clubs are....well we have clubs in north jersey...so thats enough right there" - okay you do (not all good clubs I might add).........how about Abyss, Hunka Bunka, Deko, Aqua Lounge, Tempts, XS, Merge, Platinum, Djais just to name a few.........all in central or south jersey.........so what's your point?

sorry you may have told me why north jersey is good but you didn't tell my why it's BETTER...........I live in central jersey and can say everything you just did. Try again.

Originally posted by Mystify22

Very very true.....also, the cost of living is much higher in North Jersey - obviously bc it's better up here :D

not always true..........and when it is, it's because of distance to NYC............areas by the shore are just as expensive to live if not more because of their distance from the beach.

okay those reasons are all legitimate but they don't really do much justice because I live in central jersey and can say all of the same things............let's go through it.

"You cant compare bein close to the city and bein close to Philly..." - I live closer to NY than Philly.

"I got 3 good malls w/in 20 min of my house....." - I've got 4.

"I can be in NYC in 30 min at nite...yet i still got a driveway and a backyard and trees in my neighborhood...." - same here

"Everything you need is close by...aka strip malls" - I can't tell you how many strip malls are right near my house.

"The food is better up north" - that makes no sense........there's good and bad food everywhere in jersey......prove it.

"The girls are hotter" - huh? once again, prove it.........there's hot girls everywhere in jersey and uglies everywhere.........it has nothing to do with geography. Dumb statement.

"The clubs are....well we have clubs in north jersey...so thats enough right there" - okay you do (not all good clubs I might add).........how about Abyss, Hunka Bunka, Deko, Aqua Lounge, Tempts, XS, Merge, Platinum, Djais just to name a few.........all in central or south jersey.........so what's your point?

sorry you may have told me why north jersey is good but you didn't tell my why it's BETTER...........I live in central jersey and can say everything you just did. Try again.

:laugh:dude, you live in hazlet. shut up

Are you kidding me

North Jersey nice groomed people with clean straight teeth. Good hygeine. Benz and BMW

South Jersey 3 rows of uneven yellow decayed teeth. Satellite dishes bigger than 18 inch circumfrence. Starsky and Hutch cars

Yeah we had braces nigga

Oh yeah and park in your driveways not on the grass. Thats what they are there for..

torino33.jpg

I can be in NYC in 30 min at nite...yet i still got a driveway and a backyard and trees in my neighborhood.

that also means you are 30 minutes from

washington heights

bronx

paterson

passaic

east orange

jersey city

(maybe more ghetto cities i can't think of)

i'm from north