Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hi, I'm an East Coast Escapee

What up peeps, I'm a recent DC retransplant to LA and I wanted to say "Hello." I'm originally from LA (I went to Dorsey High, graduated from Palmdale '95), but I haven't been around in ages. I was a regular on the DC forum until BUZZ closed and the DC scene moved up to Baltimore.

I have a question, what is the LA definition of "guest list?" Does it mean; free, line skipping, VIP room, or what? Also, I like cool "out for the music, tennis shoes and t-shirt" places, but my woman is an extremely upscale Bebe/Guess/D&G wearin' euro who thinks Sasha is a girl. Is there a place that we can both have fun? Let's say Pacha and Space mixed with Fabric.

Know what I'm sayin?

PS: Do people still have those badass parties up in the Hllywd Hills? Where are they?

welcome :) !

let me refer you to our kickass sticky (always at the top of the l.a. board), full of loads of useful info and opinions :D :

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136874

lists mean different things. skipping lines, cheaper admission, being the only people admitted at all; it depends.

and i am a spundae devotee, all the way :aright: . great music, big venue, pretty... that should suit both you and your gal, unless she also requires snobbiness - there's none of that there!

www.spundae.com

Welcome back to L.A. and to the board!

The question is: Do the both of you enjoy the same type of music? If so, you may have fun together regardless of the dress code. Take weyes' suggestion -- spundae has a good mix of people with different styles, so both you and your girlfriend will feel comfortable without feeling over- or underdressed. :)

Hey there... I recently moved here from Boston. I must say that I never considered California as part of my life, but since being here.... I have had nothing but open arms. I am sure you will love the lifestyle. Take care.

Regards,

Poccnr

Thanks for the info, I'm going to try Spundae soon! Last night a friend took me to the "Saddle Ranch" at Universal City Walk. I didn't think I would be into it, but that place was pretty cool. Then again...I did have two Texas Teas, a shot of tequila, a tall Sam Adams, a...

TIP* Ride the bull before you are shitface

Originally posted by crownroyal

Thanks for the info, I'm going to try Spundae soon! Last night a friend took me to the "Saddle Ranch" at Universal City Walk. I didn't think I would be into it, but that place was pretty cool. Then again...I did have two Texas Teas, a shot of tequila, a tall Sam Adams, a...

TIP* Ride the bull before you are shitface

With all that alcohol, anyone would of had fun just sitting under a tree!

:pint:

welcome back to LA, RC. They diss and hiss, but in the end they all come back...hehe

Yeah, Spundae's definitely one place to hit up. It should suit your palate but may not tickle your girl's fancy, depending on how high maintenance she is. If she's looking for the real high ends of LA (i.e. where silicones are the norm) try Highlands or Century club. Lalate's web site has detail 411s on them, so does the sticky post on the LA forum.

What up peeps, I'm a recent DC retransplant to LA and I wanted to say "Hello." I'm originally from LA (I went to Dorsey High, graduated from Palmdale '95), but I haven't been around in ages. I was a regular on the DC forum until BUZZ closed and the DC scene moved up to Baltimore.

I have a question, what is the LA definition of "guest list?" Does it mean; free, line skipping, VIP room, or what? Also, I like cool "out for the music, tennis shoes and t-shirt" places, but my woman is an extremely upscale Bebe/Guess/D&G wearin' euro who thinks Sasha is a girl. Is there a place that we can both have fun? Let's say Pacha and Space mixed with Fabric.

Know what I'm sayin?

PS: Do people still have those badass parties up in the Hllywd Hills? Where are they?

so you finally made it back to CA? :eek:

Know what I'm sayin?

you better rep. the east properly CR.