Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sandbar!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Roveen plays a mix in the dome. THe girls love the hip hop. THe main room has all house music. Higgins was great last night

well i had a great time last night.. fisrt time i was there since it was redone... nice seeing alot of familiar faces!!!! yo trueguy, when we busting this kids ass??? lol

Originally posted by mkutlass

HIP HOP GOTS TO GO

i really don't think that hip hop being played is that big of issue that u need to a make a post....if u don't like it go to another room. a good successfull party needs a variety of music for everyone so they can draw a bigger crowd.

HIP HOP GOTS TO GO

actually it doesn't, because if it please X amount of people, thats X amount of people that are going to come back.

its in a totally seperate room to begin with, just stay away from it.

I must have been in a different room because the dance room was pretty much empty in the dome when he was playing hip hop, I saw alot of people leaving. Don't get me wrong I like hip hop too, but there is plenty of places to hear it. If u want to mix it up a little then play classics, deep or disco house. This is just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!! Many clubs have went downhill, trying to be different things. Just stay house..............This is just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!

"a good successfull party needs a variety of music for everyone so they can draw a bigger crowd".

It can also kill a good thing................and I think there is at least 5000 people that like house in nj, ct, nyc, LI, and upstate ny. If u don't like house go some where else. NYC is just over the water, plenty of lounges that play hip hop and house together, if u want variety.

BIGGER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(at least I like to tell myself that) LOL jk

Oh and my cute sexy daring LISA( r u single), in a couple of weeks when it is 80 degrees out and perfect weather u r going to wish there wasn't so many people(sandbar gets mobbed, if u don't know)

SAND BAR should stay ALL HOUSE

I must have been in a different room because the dance room was pretty much empty in the dome when he was playing hip hop, I saw alot of people leaving. Don't get me wrong I like hip hop too, but there is plenty of places to hear it. If u want to mix it up a little then play classics, deep or disco house. This is just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!! Many clubs have went downhill, trying to be different things. Just stay house..............This is just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!

i respect your opinion but the objective of any service related business is to satisfy as many people as possible. Playing the same style of music in two rooms only satisfys the same people. Every previous year we followed a format without hip hop, all it did was make both dancefloors split the crowd. were not trying to be different things, were trying to do different things and see what works. Thankyou for your input and will always welcome peoples opinions. If there is one thing i know 4 sure, its absolutly impossible to make everyone happy but ill keep trying.

"Every previous year we followed a format without hip hop, all it did was make both dancefloors split the crowd".

I think the problem is that it gets very hot in both rooms, so people don't like to dance when it is hot

One thing that might help that is put some big fans on the both dancefloors. When both dj's spin house it's a good thing, because if u don't like the Dj in the main room u can go to the dome for so house beats.

Just don't turn the dome into hip hop vill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A 30 MIN. SET IS ALRIGHT AND NO GANGSTER RAP

I HATE IT WHEN A DJ HAS A DECENT VIBE GOING THEN CUTS TO A HIP HOP TRACK

HERE IS A STORY OF A CLUB BY ME IN NEWBURGH NY (26 FRONT ST)

CLUB PROFILE

2 OUTDOOR TIKI BARS

1 DJ OUTSIDE

1 DJ INSIDE

AND ABOUT 2000 PEOPLE well had about 2000 people

When I first went there was always lots of hotties and the guys were dressed up. The dj outside played disco, classics, freestyle, and alot of commerical house Fun music like " if this ant love" by spiller. The dj inside played top 40 music, which sucks but I live 2 1/2 hrs from seaside so I'm screwed and live with it. Last yr. the music was mostly hip hop and the crowd sucked. Instead of keeping there 2000 dressed up guys and hotties (keeping things the same), they had 700 wanna be gangsters, and the 150 girls that need to hit an exercise bike (tight clothing with rolling hanging out) Not pretty. In closing

[THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS JUST BECAREFUL BECAUSE WHAT U THINK IS GOING TO HELP JUST MEAN'T CAUSE MORE HURT THEN GOOD.

OH AND IF WANT TO INCREASE ALCOHOL SALES PAY SOME COUNTRY lol

TO ADAM AND THE REST OF THE PROMOTERS, I'M NOT TRYING TO BE A DICK OR A@#HOLE!!!!!!!!!!! mikey TO ADAM AND THE REST OF THE PROMOTERS, I'M NOT TRYING TO BE A DICK OR A@#HOLE!!!!!!!!!!! mikey

I've seen a lot of dance floors come alive as soon as hip hop comes on. I agree with the bad crowd it brings if it is known as a straight up hip hop room. But this is a mix room and the variety is key to keep a crowd. Espescially girls. If you have a good enough DJ he can incoporate hip hop vocals into a house set also. I encourage my DJ's to do it all the time.

Like Adam said, they are trying it out to see how the crowd reacts. Nothing is written in stone. I personally think they are pleasing a lot more people than they are disappointing. However, if a lot more people at Sandbar are thinking negatively about it like you are. They will realize it and scrap the hip hop. Adam is a great promoter and has been doing a great job pleasing everyone at Sandbar. I met him Wednesday night at Euphoria and he was one of the coolest guys I ever met. It's good that you voiced your opinion because it's the feedback that builds a good party. See you all at Sandbar Friday.

Yes not evryone who goes to Sandbar are as crazy and neurotic about the music like most of us are. Hip hop is not harmfull at all at Sandbar as long as it is used in moderation. Sandbar attracts differant people some there to dance, some to drink, some to meet people and some just looking to get out of the house. Listen hip hop at Sandbar is no biggie. Now there would be a problem if JP at Factory, Tenaglia at ARC, or S and D stopped there set to play Hip Hop . Those areplaces where people go solely for the music and maybe a few other things

So at Sandbar, Keep popping that Bubb

Originally posted by amercali

GET RID OF THE HIP POP! your going to attract THUGS

since this is a public message board and everyone is entiled to their opinions i respect that but here is mine.. IF U DON'T LIKE HIP HOP GO TO ANOTHER ROOM!... the promoters know what they are doing and have been able to keep the party strong and going they know what they are doing as stated before they were trying out different vibes, i highly doubt splash will turn into a hip hop party and if it does it does so what. adam and bill are great at what they do and are one of the best of the north jersey promoters have a little faith and relax about this hip hop thing already

keep up the great work guys u rock!;)

junkie, reeni, 1500,foodidoo, and eurolisa I guest u guys r on the dancefloor when hip hop is being played. Well whatever I'll see all u people at Sandbar on fri. I just don't want all the hotties to go to the shore, instead of Sandbar because the music is lacking. MIKEY